- The report contains detailed information about AMERCO that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for AMERCO. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The AMERCO financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes AMERCO competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of AMERCO business.
AMERCO, through its subsidiary, U-Haul International, Inc., supplies products and services used to move and store household and commercial goods in the United States and Canada. The company operates as a do-it-yourself moving and storage operator.
The company rents its orange and white U-Haul trucks and trailers, as well as offers self-storage rooms through a network of approximately 1,400 company operated retail moving centers and approximately 14,900 independent U-Haul dealers. In addition, it has an independent storage facility network with approximately 5,100 active affiliates. It also sells U-Haul brand boxes, tape, and other moving and self-storage products and services to do-it-yourself moving and storage customers at all of its distribution outlets and through its eMove Web site.
Through Republic Western Insurance Company (RepWest), its property and casualty insurance subsidiary, the company manages the property, liability and related insurance claims processing for U-Haul. Oxford Life Insurance Company (Oxford), its life insurance subsidiary, sells Medicare supplement, life insurance, annuities and other related products to non U-Haul customers.
Products and Rental Equipment
The company engages in the design, engineering, and manufacture of equipment for the do-it-yourself household mover. These do-it-yourself movers include individuals and families moving their belongings from one home to another, college students moving their belongings, vacationers, and sports enthusiasts needing extra space or having special towing needs, people trying to save on home furniture and home appliance delivery costs, and do-it-yourself home remodeling and gardening enthusiasts who need to transport materials.
As of March 31, 2010, its rental fleet consisted of approximately 98,000 trucks, 77,000 trailers, and 34,000 towing devices. This equipment and its U-Haul brand of self-moving products and services are available through its network of managed retail moving centers and independent U-Haul dealers. The company also provides customers with equipment to transport their vehicle. The company provides two towing options: auto transport, in which all four wheels are off the ground, and a tow dolly, in which the front wheels of the towed vehicle are off the ground.
The company offers several accessory rental items. These utility, furniture and appliance dollies, along with the low decks and the wide loading ramps on U-Haul trucks and trailers, are designed for loading and unloading of its customers belongings.
The companys moving supplies include an array of U-Haul brand boxes, tape, and packing materials. It also provides specialty boxes for dishes, computers and sensitive electronic equipment, as well as tape, security locks, and packing supplies. In addition to towing U-Haul equipment, these hitching and towing systems can tow jet skis, motorcycles, boats, campers, and horse trailers.
The companys self-storage rental facilities provide space for storage of household and commercial goods. Storage units range in size from 6 square feet to approximately 1,000 square feet. The company operates approximately 1,100 self-storage locations in North America, with approximately 402,000 rentable rooms comprising 35.5 million square feet of rentable storage space. The companys self-storage centers feature an array of security measures, ranging from electronic property access control gates to individually alarmed storage units. The company offers climate controlled storage rooms to protect temperature sensitive goods, such as video tapes, albums, photographs, and precious wood furniture.
The company also offers moving and storage protection packages, such as Safemove and Safetow. These programs provide moving and towing customers with a damage waiver, cargo protection, and medical and life insurance coverage. The companys eMove Web site, eMove.com, is the network of customers and independent businesses in the self-moving and self-storage industry. The eMove network consists of channels where customers, businesses and service providers transact business.
The company operates in three segments, Moving
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. AMERCO COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. AMERCO BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. AMERCO SWOT ANALYSIS
4. AMERCO FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. AMERCO COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. AMERCO Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of AMERCO and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of AMERCO and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. AMERCO Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Railroads and Trucking Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. AMERCO Industry Position Analysis
6. AMERCO NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. AMERCO EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. AMERCO ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. AMERCO IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. AMERCO PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. AMERCO VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
AMERCO Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
AMERCO Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
AMERCO Major Shareholders
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
AMERCO Offices and Representations
AMERCO SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
AMERCO Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
AMERCO Capital Market Snapshot
AMERCO Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Railroads and Trucking Services Industry Statistics
AMERCO Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
AMERCO Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
AMERCO Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
AMERCO 1-year Stock Charts
AMERCO 5-year Stock Charts
AMERCO vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
AMERCO vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
AMERCO Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?