- The report contains detailed information about Aegean Marine Petroleum Network Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Aegean Marine Petroleum Network Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Aegean Marine Petroleum Network Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Aegean Marine Petroleum Network Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Aegean Marine Petroleum Network Inc. business.
About Aegean Marine Petroleum Network Inc.
Aegean Marine Petroleum Network Inc. is an independent physical supplier and marketer of refined marine fuel and lubricants. The company procures marine fuel from refineries, major oil producers, and resell to a diversified customer base, representing all segments of the shipping industry, including tankers, container ships, drybulk carriers, cruise ships, reefers, LNG/LPG, car carriers, ferries, and marine fuel traders and brokers.
The company serves the following markets: Greece, Gibraltar, the United Arab Emirates, Jamaica, Singapore, northern Europe, Portland (U.K.), West Africa, Vancouver, Montreal, Mexico, Trinidad and Tobago and Morocco. As of March 30, 2010, the company owned a fleet of 42 bunkering vessels, 37 of which are double-hull.
The company owns two double hull Panamax tankers, Fos and Ouranos, with a cargo-carrying capacity of approximately 68,000 dwt each, which the company uses as floating storage facilities in Ghana and the United Arab Emirates, respectively. The company also owns one double hull Aframax tanker, Leader, with a cargo-carrying capacity of approximately 82,000 dwt. In addition, in the United Kingdom, the company stores its marine fuel in land-based storage tanks with 40,000 metric tons capacity.
In addition to its bunkering operations, the company markets and distributes marine lubricants under the Alfa Marine Lubricants brand. In February 2009, the company entered into an agreement to join the Sealub Alliance Network, a group formed by Gulf Oil Marine Ltd. to collaborate in the marketing and distribution of marine lubricants.
Greece: The company services its customers through its related company, Aegean Oil, in Piraeus, Patras, and other parts of Greece. The company operates nine double hull and one double bottom bunkering tankers in Greece. The company purchases its fuel from Hellenic Refinery (ELPE) and Motor Oil Hellas. The company competes here against seven other physical suppliers: Eko-Elda Abee., Sekavin S.A., Seka S.A., Jet Oil S.A., Eteka S.A., and Gallon Oil S.A. In addition to Piraeus and Patras, Aegean Oil has a license to operate as a physical supplier of refined marine petroleum products in all ports in Greece, including Thessaloniki and Crete.
Gibraltar: The company possesses a license issued by the Bunkering Superintendent of the Port of Gibraltar to act as a physical supplier of marine petroleum products in Gibraltar. The company operates five double hull bunkering tankers in Gibraltar. The company purchases its fuel in Gibraltar from various suppliers, including Repsol S.A. and Lia Oil S.A. The company stores its fuel in its floating storage facility, the double hull Aframax tanker, Leader. The company competes here against four other physical suppliers, CESPA (Gibraltar) Ltd., Vemaoil Company Ltd., Bominflot of Gibraltar Ltd., and Peninsula Petroleum Ltd.
The United Arab Emirates: The company possess a license issued by Sharjah Economic Development Department to act as a physical supplier of marine petroleum products in the port area of Fujairah. The company operates six double hull bunkering tankers in the UAE. The company purchases its fuel in Fujairah from various different suppliers including FAL Energy Co. Ltd., which also engages in supply operations in the port, Vitol, and ENOC. The company store its fuel in its floating storage facility, the double hull Panamax tanker, Ouranos. The company competes here against other physical suppliers, including ENOC Bunkering (Fujairah) LLC, Akron Trade and Transport, International Supply, and Oil Marketing & Trading Inc., and Chemoil.
Jamaica: The company is authorized by the Port Authority of Jamaica to act as a physical supplier of marine petroleum products in Jamaica. The company services its customers in the ports of Kingston and Ocho Rios, Jamaica, and elects to service its customers in other locations in Jamaica. The company operates two double hull tankers and one single hull bunkering tanker in Jamaica. In Jamaica, the company has a long-term contract to purchase its fuel from the state refinery, Petrojam Limited, which also engages in limited supply operations with in the port
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. AEGEAN MARINE PETROLEUM NETWORK INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. AEGEAN MARINE PETROLEUM NETWORK INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. AEGEAN MARINE PETROLEUM NETWORK INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. AEGEAN MARINE PETROLEUM NETWORK INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. AEGEAN MARINE PETROLEUM NETWORK INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Aegean Marine Petroleum Network Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Aegean Marine Petroleum Network Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Aegean Marine Petroleum Network Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Aegean Marine Petroleum Network Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Transportation Infrastructure Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Aegean Marine Petroleum Network Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. AEGEAN MARINE PETROLEUM NETWORK INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. AEGEAN MARINE PETROLEUM NETWORK INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. AEGEAN MARINE PETROLEUM NETWORK INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. GREECE PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. AEGEAN MARINE PETROLEUM NETWORK INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. AEGEAN MARINE PETROLEUM NETWORK INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. AEGEAN MARINE PETROLEUM NETWORK INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Aegean Marine Petroleum Network Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Aegean Marine Petroleum Network Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Aegean Marine Petroleum Network Inc. Major Shareholders
Aegean Marine Petroleum Network Inc. History
Aegean Marine Petroleum Network Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Aegean Marine Petroleum Network Inc. Offices and Representations
Aegean Marine Petroleum Network Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Aegean Marine Petroleum Network Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Aegean Marine Petroleum Network Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Aegean Marine Petroleum Network Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Transportation Infrastructure Industry Statistics
Aegean Marine Petroleum Network Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Aegean Marine Petroleum Network Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Aegean Marine Petroleum Network Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Aegean Marine Petroleum Network Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Aegean Marine Petroleum Network Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Aegean Marine Petroleum Network Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Aegean Marine Petroleum Network Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Aegean Marine Petroleum Network Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?