- The report contains detailed information about Sonae SGPS SA that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Sonae SGPS SA. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Sonae SGPS SA financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Sonae SGPS SA competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Sonae SGPS SA business.
About Sonae SGPS SA
Sonae SGPS, SA engages in food and non-food retail, shopping centre, and telecommunication businesses. The company has operations principally in Portugal, Spain, France, the United Kingdom, Germany, Brazil, Italy, Greece, Ireland, Poland, the United States, and Australia.
The company's business segments include Retail; Shopping Centers; Telecommunications; and Other.
In Retail Business, the company operates three different food retail chains: Continente: hypermarkets with an average sales area of approximately 7,500 square meters and located, as anchor stores, within big shopping centers in the main cities in Portugal; Modelo: supermarkets with sales area of approximately 2,000 square meters and located in medium sized urban centers; and Modelo Bonjour: with sales area of approximately 1,000 square meters and a presence in residential urban areas in the metropolitan zones of Lisbon and Porto. The company also operates 13 different non food retail formats, the significant being Worten, a consumer electronics format, SportsZone, a sports clothing and equipment format, and Modalfa, an apparel format. It operates in the Spanish market with two of its non-food formats, namely SportZone and Worten. It has six stores in the cities of Madrid, Corunha, Ferrol, La Gavia, Murcia, and Zaragoza.
In Shopping Centers Business, the company engages in the development, ownership, and management shopping centers. As of December 31, 2008, the company was present in Portugal, Spain, Italy, Germany, Greece, Romania and Brazil, and owned 50 shopping centers, with a total gross leasable area (GLA) of approximately 1,900 thousand square meters; had approximately 2,200 thousand square meters of GLA under management with approximately 8,450 tenants; and had 14 projects under development with a total GLA of approximately 700 thousand square meters.
In Telecommunications Business, the company offers a range of mobile, fixed communications, and multimedia services targeting residential and business customers in Portugal. Its mobile business, with its brand Optimus, has 3.2 million subscribers in Portugal. Its fixed residential business, with its brand Clix, provides triple play services of voice, Internet, and IPTV to its residential, small to medium size enterprise (SME), and corporate customers, as well as provides voice and data capacity, and connectivity services to telecommunications operators worldwide. The company also has a presence in the Media sector through the ownership of Público, a reference national daily newspaper in Portugal. It is also present in the software and system information sector with WeDo, a provider of systems integration products and consultancy, and specialized in the telecom sector, and revenue assurance competencies.
The company holds interest in MDS, SGPS, SA, which engages in insurance brokerage and risk management businesses. It operates in insurance and reinsurance areas. Insurance brokerage retail operations in Portugal are developed through mds insurance brokerage and Seguros Continente, and in Brazil through Lazam|mds. In reinsurance, MDS holds a 32.12% interest in Cooper Gay, a reinsurance broker. MDS has also the responsibility for the management and placement of risk and insurance for the entire Sonae Group, through its reinsurance captive company Sonae Re, SA.
Sonae SGPS, SA was incorporated in 1959.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SONAE SGPS SA COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SONAE SGPS SA BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SONAE SGPS SA SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SONAE SGPS SA FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SONAE SGPS SA COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Sonae SGPS SA Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Sonae SGPS SA and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Sonae SGPS SA and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Sonae SGPS SA Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Conglomerates Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Sonae SGPS SA Industry Position Analysis
6. SONAE SGPS SA NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SONAE SGPS SA EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SONAE SGPS SA ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. PORTUGAL PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SONAE SGPS SA IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SONAE SGPS SA PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SONAE SGPS SA VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Sonae SGPS SA Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Sonae SGPS SA Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Sonae SGPS SA Major Shareholders
Sonae SGPS SA History
Sonae SGPS SA Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Sonae SGPS SA Offices and Representations
Sonae SGPS SA SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Sonae SGPS SA Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Sonae SGPS SA Capital Market Snapshot
Sonae SGPS SA Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Conglomerates Industry Statistics
Sonae SGPS SA Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Sonae SGPS SA Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Sonae SGPS SA Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Sonae SGPS SA 1-year Stock Charts
Sonae SGPS SA 5-year Stock Charts
Sonae SGPS SA vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Sonae SGPS SA vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Sonae SGPS SA Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?