- The report contains detailed information about Smiths Group plc that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Smiths Group plc. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Smiths Group plc financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Smiths Group plc competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Smiths Group plc business.
About Smiths Group plc
Smiths Group plc operates a family clock and watch-making business.
Smiths is operating internationally in a number of distinct sectors: Detection (chemical and explosives detection systems); Medical (single-use devices and equipment for anaesthesia/respiratory care and infusion therapy); Aerospace (avionic systems and equipment); and Specialty Engineering (mechanical seals, electrical interconnect, marine systems, tubular systems and flexible technologies).
Headquarters are in London and manufacturing businesses are located principally in the UK, USA and continental Europe. The chief executive is Keith Butler-Wheelhouse.
The principal activities of the company and its subsidiaries are the development, manufacture, sale and support of:
integrated aerospace systems, including electronic and actuation systems and precision components, for civil and military aircraft;
advanced security equipment, using the power of trace detection and x-ray imaging, to detect and identify explosives, chemical and biological agents, weapons and contraband;
medical devices and critical care equipment aligned to specific therapies, principally airway, pain and temperature management and infusion. Also needle protection, critical care monitoring, womens healthcare and vascular access; and
mechanical seals used in industries ranging from petrochemical processing to aerospace; interconnect products to connect and protect safety-critical electrical and electronic equipment; navigational radar, marine electronics and charts; and rigid tubular and flexible hose assemblies.
The main manufacturing operations are in the United Kingdom, the Americas and Continental Europe.
Detection: The Company provides technologically advanced security solutions to detect and identify explosives, chemical & biological agents, weapons and contraband. Smiths Detection is applying 21st century science to identify all those threats and provide immediate warnings. Products include trace detections systems, Smiths Heimann X-ray systems, metal detectors, biometrics and product inspection systems.
The Company is engaged in specialising in devices and equipment used in healthcare procedures, covering both critical and intensive care in hospitals, and continuing care in the community. It has a track record of innovative products designed to meet the precise needs of specialists, including surgeons and anaesthetists. These include a wide range of single-use devices for anaesthesia and respiratory care, mainly sold under the Portex brand, and recognised around the world as the premium products in their sector.
Smiths has developed technologies suited to changing approaches to healthcare, including the rise in treatment outside the hospital. Its lightweight infusion pumps allow patients to receive treatment while continuing a relatively normal life after being discharged from hospital. The pumps deliver measured doses of medication for areas like chemotherapy, pain management, and antibiotic therapy. Inside the hospital, Smiths´ equipment helps doctors and nurses save lives, while also reducing their workload.
The Company is a major supplier of advanced avionics and mechanical and electrical equipment to the defence and civil aircraft sectors. It serves the world´s two major commercial aircraft manufacturers, Airbus and Boeing, and the makers of military aircraft, regional jets and business jets. Its manufacturing expertise also extends to gas turbine engine components for every major engine programme in the western world.
Smiths Aerospace designs and manufactures equipment as varied as the all-composite propellers on the C-130J Hercules transport; the flight management computer on every Boeing 737; and systems to manage the electrical power on the Boeing 777 and the Apache helicopter.
The division consists of five main business activities.
Flexible Technologies offers a wide range of flexible hose and ducting for commercial and consumer air moving products and for the conveying of gas, liquid and airborne solids in the industrial processes. It is a supplier of vacuum cleaner hose.
Interconnect division offers a broad range of electrical and electronic connectors, low loss coaxial, cable and connector assemblies, microwave components, antennas, lightning strike protectors, electrical surge suppressors, radio-frequency connectors, Passive Intermodulation Analysers, backshells and conduit systems.
John Crane is a technology provider and the manufacturer of Mechanical Seals and associated products. With a workforce of over 6000 people in 47 countries, it provides an unrivalled global presence combined with personalised local service and support.
Kelvin Hughes Limited is engaged in the design and manufacture of marine navigation systems for the commercial and defence markets. It is also a supplier of nautical charts both paper and digital.
Tubular Systems is involved in the design and manufacture of flexible fluid hoses; rigid tubular assemblies; and fuel gas-piping products. Together these businesses provide customers with total fluid transfer solutions.
Smiths Group plc has entered into an aerospace parts manufacturing joint venture with General Electric, Co. Under the programme, Smiths would produce five parts for new and spare F404 engines at its aerospace components plant in Asheville, North Carolina.
Smiths Group plc was founded in 1851.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SMITHS GROUP PLC COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SMITHS GROUP PLC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SMITHS GROUP PLC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SMITHS GROUP PLC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SMITHS GROUP PLC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Smiths Group plc Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Smiths Group plc and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Smiths Group plc and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Smiths Group plc Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Conglomerates Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Smiths Group plc Industry Position Analysis
6. SMITHS GROUP PLC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SMITHS GROUP PLC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SMITHS GROUP PLC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UK PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SMITHS GROUP PLC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SMITHS GROUP PLC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SMITHS GROUP PLC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Smiths Group plc Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Smiths Group plc Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Smiths Group plc Major Shareholders
Smiths Group plc History
Smiths Group plc Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Smiths Group plc Offices and Representations
Smiths Group plc SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Smiths Group plc Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Smiths Group plc Capital Market Snapshot
Smiths Group plc Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Conglomerates Industry Statistics
Smiths Group plc Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Smiths Group plc Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Smiths Group plc Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Smiths Group plc 1-year Stock Charts
Smiths Group plc 5-year Stock Charts
Smiths Group plc vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Smiths Group plc vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Smiths Group plc Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?