- The report contains detailed information about SK Holdings Co. Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for SK Holdings Co. Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The SK Holdings Co. Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes SK Holdings Co. Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of SK Holdings Co. Ltd. business.
About SK Holdings Co. Ltd.
SK Corporation operates in energy, chemicals, technology services, total driver services, OKCashbag services and Bio-Pharmaceuticals in Korea. It operates in Asia, America, and Europe.
It mainly engages in refining, chemical, and exploration and production activities. The companys product category includes polymers, solvents, crude oil, coal, LPG gas, petrol, petrochemicals, and lubricants.
Petroleum business: The Company sold a total of 220 million barrels of petroleum.
Exploration and Production business: The Company has participated in 52 concessions for oil and gas exploration and production in 24 countries since 1983. SK is engaged in 16 blocks in 11 countries. SK Corporation has carried out an exploration and production program highlighted by shipping out 2,190 thousand barrels of equity oil from the Marib Sector in Yemen and 290 thousand barrels from Vietnam Block 15-1 Gas business. The Corporation, along with SK Gas, supplied a total of 2.6 million tons (contribution from the petrochemical business not included) of natural gas in 2003.
Coal business: The company supplied a total of 2.4 million tons of bituminous coal to cement factories and co-generation businesses after importing it from China, Australia, Indonesia and Russia.
LPG: In 2003, the Company supplied 2.6 million tons of LPG to the domestic market through SK Gas, its subsidiary that specializes in LPG.
The Company also participates in Lubricant Business and Asphalt & Specialties business.
In 1972, SK Corporation built the first naphtha-cracking plant in the nation. The Company supplies materials required by virtually all industrial sectors ranging from state-of-the-art materials for cars, electronic or communication goods to paints, ballpoint pens, contact lenses, cosmetics and detergents.
SK Corporation launched its Technology Services Business Unit in 1998 to provide total solutions and services related to plant operation and maintenance. The Unit offers 60 types of technology services in 12 fields, including plant operation, maintenance, energy-saving, near-infrared online analysis, materials technology and laboratory service.
Total Service for Drivers
SKs Total Service for Drivers solution provides real-time information about vehicle operations, road and traffic conditions, safety concerns, and locations via wired or wireless and online or offline communications.
The Companys entrac provides real-time (passenger) vehicle driver information, including customized solutions via wireless communications and Global Positioning System. It offers subscribers a road navigation service to find a fast or optimum route for a destination, real-time traffic news, location finder for points of interest, and emergency road service. Plus telematics service, using the SK offline networks like gas stations and Speedmate, entrac also provides benefit package programs in relation to gas filling, light vehicle maintenance, recommendation of customized insurance products, travel and leisure packages that drivers need on the road.
SK Corporation's Cartizen service offers proxy services to its members, from car purchase, maintenance and insurance to accident-handling. Cartizen offers its members a car rental service with a variety of car options based on long-term or short-term contracts, and a car sharing service.
The Company's OKCashbag Service hyperlinks online and offline retailers and mobile service providers. It integrates SK gas stations, SK Telecom, E-Mart, T.G.I. Friday's, Woori homeshopping and Cyworld.
The Company develops medicines, including anti-epileptic and anti-depressant agents. In 2003, the company developed a drug and obtained the U.S. FDAs IND approval for YKP1358, a drug for schizophrenia treatment. It is carrying out clinical trials for antidepressant YKP10A and anticonvulsant YKP509 jointly with Johnson & Johnson. YKP581, the antidepressant developed by SK Corporation and selected by Johnson & Johnson as a clinical candidate in 2002, finished preclinical development.
Nippon Oil Corp. and SK Corp. have formed a strategic alliance.
SK Corp. would start up an olefins extraction unit based on a new propylene-optimising technology at its refinery in Ulsan, South Korea. The new advanced catalytic olefins (ACO) technology, co-developed by SK and KBR, uses a catalytic route to extract olefins from naphtha.
SK Corporation was established in 1962.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SK HOLDINGS CO. LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SK HOLDINGS CO. LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SK HOLDINGS CO. LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SK HOLDINGS CO. LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SK HOLDINGS CO. LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. SK Holdings Co. Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of SK Holdings Co. Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of SK Holdings Co. Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. SK Holdings Co. Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Conglomerates Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. SK Holdings Co. Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. SK HOLDINGS CO. LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SK HOLDINGS CO. LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SK HOLDINGS CO. LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. SOUTH KOREA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SK HOLDINGS CO. LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SK HOLDINGS CO. LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SK HOLDINGS CO. LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
SK Holdings Co. Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
SK Holdings Co. Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
SK Holdings Co. Ltd. Major Shareholders
SK Holdings Co. Ltd. History
SK Holdings Co. Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
SK Holdings Co. Ltd. Offices and Representations
SK Holdings Co. Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
SK Holdings Co. Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
SK Holdings Co. Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
SK Holdings Co. Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Conglomerates Industry Statistics
SK Holdings Co. Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
SK Holdings Co. Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
SK Holdings Co. Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
SK Holdings Co. Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
SK Holdings Co. Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
SK Holdings Co. Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
SK Holdings Co. Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
SK Holdings Co. Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?