Siemens AG Fundamental Company Report Including Financial, SWOT, Competitors and Industry Analysis
(Coronavirus Impact Assessment - Special Edition)
CORONAVIRUS IMPACT ASSESSMENT
COVID-19 impact is taken into consideration during the analysisSiemens AG Fundamental Company Report provides a complete overview of the company’s affairs. All available data is presented in a comprehensive and easily accessed format. The report includes financial and SWOT information, industry analysis, opinions, estimates, plus annual and quarterly forecasts made by stock market experts. The report also enables direct comparison to be made between Siemens AG and its competitors. This provides our Clients with a clear understanding of Siemens AG position in the Conglomerates Industry.
- The report contains detailed information about Siemens AG that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Siemens AG. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Siemens AG financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Siemens AG competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Siemens AG business.
About Siemens AG
Siemens Aktiengesellschaft, an electronics and electrical engineering company, operates in the industry, energy, and healthcare sectors worldwide.
The company operates in six reportable segments which include three sectors, such as Industry, Energy, and Healthcare; Equity Investments; and two Cross-Sector Businesses, such as Siemens IT Solutions and Services and Siemens Financial Services.
The Industry Sector offers products, services, and solutions for the use of resources, energy, and improvements in industry and infrastructure. Its technologies address industrial customers, such as process and manufacturing industries, and infrastructure customers, in the areas of transport, buildings, and utilities. The portfolio spans industry automation and drives products and services, building, lighting and mobility solutions and services, and system integration and solutions for plant businesses. The Sector consists of six Divisions: Industry Automation, Drive Technologies, Building Technologies, OSRAM, Industry Solutions, and Mobility.
The Industry Automation Division offers automation systems, such as programmable logic controllers and process control systems, sensors, such as process instrumentation and analytics, and industrial software, such as product lifecycle management and manufacturing execution systems software. The Divisions portfolio ranges from standard products and systems for the manufacturing, processing and construction industries to solutions for entire industrial vertical markets, including automation solutions for entire automobile production facilities and chemical plants.
The Drive Technologies Division offers integrated technologies that cover a range of drive applications with electrical components, such as standard motors and drives for conveyor belts, pumps and compressors, heavy duty motors and drives for rolling steel mills, compressors for oil and gas pipelines, and mechanical components, such as gears for wind turbines and cement mills. Drive Technologies offers products, such as automation systems and services for production machinery and machine tools. The Divisions portfolio includes standard products, as well as industry-specific control and drive solutions for wind power, metal forming, printing and electronic manufacturing as well as solutions for manufacturers of glass, wood, plastic, ceramic, textile, and packaging equipment and crane systems.
The Building Technologies Division offers products, services, and solutions for commercial, industrial, public, and residential buildings, including building automation, comfort, building safety and security, low-voltage switchgear, such as circuit protection and distribution products, and building operations. The Divisions range of offerings includes heating and ventilation controls, security systems and devices, such as intruder detection, video surveillance and building access control, fire safety solutions, such as fire detection, protection alarm systems and non-water based fire extinguishing, and electrical installation equipment for buildings, such as low-voltage switchgear, sockets and circuit breakers.
OSRAM supplies lighting solutions for various aspects of life and living environments, providing its customers with a product portfolio of lamps, such as incandescent, halogen, compact fluorescent, fluorescent, high-intensity discharge and Xenon lamps, opto-electronic semiconductor light sources, such as light emitting diodes (LEDs), organic LEDs, high power laser diodes, LED systems and LED luminaires, relevant electronic equipment, such as electronic ballasts and lighting control and management systems, as well as precision material and components. These products are used in applications in households, industrial and commercial applications, and public spaces and infrastructure.
The Industry Solutions Division is the companys systems integrator and solutions provider for industrial plant businesses, covering planning, construction, operation, and maintenance over a plants entire lifecycle. Its processes and systems are applied in the iron and steel production, pulp and paper, cement, marine, an
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SIEMENS AG COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SIEMENS AG BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SIEMENS AG SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SIEMENS AG FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SIEMENS AG COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Siemens AG Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Siemens AG and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Siemens AG and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Siemens AG Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Conglomerates Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Siemens AG Industry Position Analysis
6. SIEMENS AG NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SIEMENS AG EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Consensus
7.2. Experts Revisions
8. SIEMENS AG ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. GERMANY PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SIEMENS AG IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SIEMENS AG PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SIEMENS AG VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF FIGURES
Siemens AG Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Siemens AG 1-year Stock Charts
Siemens AG 5-year Stock Charts
Siemens AG vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Siemens AG vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Siemens AG Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Siemens AG Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Siemens AG Key Executives
Siemens AG Major Shareholders
Siemens AG History
Siemens AG Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Siemens AG Offices and Representations
Siemens AG SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Siemens AG Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Siemens AG Capital Market Snapshot
Siemens AG Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Conglomerates Industry Statistics
Siemens AG Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Siemens AG Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?