- The report contains detailed information about Shun Tak Holdings Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Shun Tak Holdings Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Shun Tak Holdings Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Shun Tak Holdings Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Shun Tak Holdings Ltd. business.
About Shun Tak Holdings Ltd.
Shun Tak Holdings Limited engages in the property development, investment and management, transportation, and hospitality businesses.
The companys segments include Transportation, Property, Hospitality, and Investment sectors.
The company offers its transportation services between Hong Kong and Macau with the incorporation of a shipping company. The group merged its shipping operation with that of CTS-Parkview Holdings Limited to create a combined entity carrying the brand name TurboJET, which is operated and managed by Shun Tak China Travel Shipping Investments Limited (STCTS).
TurboJET offers passengers speedy and comfortable sea travel services across destinations within the Pearl River Delta (PRD), linking cities, such as Hong Kong, Macau and Shenzhen. TurboJET boasts its fleets of passenger ferries in Asia and is the operator offering 24- hour high-speed ferry services between Hong Kong and Macau.
TurboJET offers an inter-regional network consisting of a ferry service to link up major international airports in the PRD under the brand name TurboJET Sea Express. The service connects the Hong Kong International Airport with Macau and Shenzhen for air passengers, further strengthening the companys ferry business and market leadership.
On land, the companys joint venture company, Shun Tak & CITS Coach (Macao) Limited, operates coach services in Macau and provides cross-boundary coach services directly linking cities in Guangdong Province with Macau. In 2006, the company entered into an agreement with Air Macau Company Limited and China National Aviation Company Limited to form a new Macau-based, airline, called Macau Asia Express Limited, which would serve destinations in mainland China and other parts of Asia.
In July 2007, TurboJET co-operated with Shenzhen Xunlong Shipping Company to launch a new Macau-Shekou ferry service route to improve connectivity between Macau and the PRD region.
The company, through the Hong Kong International Airport Ferry Terminal Services Ltd., its 40%-owned joint venture, entered into a three-year agreement with The Airport Authority Hong Kong to provide management services at SkyPier, the Hong Kong International Airports new, permanent cross-boundary ferry terminal scheduled for completion in 2009.
On land, Shun Tak & CITS Coach (Macao) Limited, which operates coach service within Macau and cross-boundary to various major cities in the Guangdong Province, has approximately tripled its operating fleet to approximately 100 vehicles.
Extending its transportation network to air travel, the company has a joint venture with China National Aviation Company Limited to hold a 49% interest in a new Macau based airline, Macau Asia Express Limited (MAX). MAX is a 51% subsidiary of Air Macau Company Limited.
The companys property markets include Macau and Hong Kong. It owns land banks in Macau among Hong Kong-listed companies. One Central, which is the groups joint venture with Hongkong Land Holdings Limited, is located at a prime site on the waterfront of Macau Peninsula. Nova City in Taipa is the luxurious residential developments in Macau. The company owns 100% interest in the Nova City project. Harbour Mile, a luxurious mixed-use complex at a prime site in Nam Van Macau, is under planning. The company also plays a major role in the Hong Kong property market with a portfolio consisting of commercial, residential and retail property ventures. Its latest residential project is Radcliffe in Pokfulam, consisting of duplex apartments. Chatham Gardens, under the planning stage, is another residential property development project of the company. The company also provides property residential, commercial and industrial properties in both Hong Kong and Macau.
Nova City is major luxury property developments in Macau. The developments first three phases feature landscaped gardens and a deluxe clubhouse spanning 210,000 square feet. Nova City 2, consists of four residential towers, was completed in 2007 and more than 98% of the residential units were sold. As at December 31, 2007, approximately 87% of residential units were sol
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SHUN TAK HOLDINGS LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SHUN TAK HOLDINGS LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SHUN TAK HOLDINGS LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SHUN TAK HOLDINGS LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SHUN TAK HOLDINGS LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Shun Tak Holdings Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Shun Tak Holdings Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Shun Tak Holdings Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Shun Tak Holdings Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Conglomerates Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Shun Tak Holdings Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. SHUN TAK HOLDINGS LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SHUN TAK HOLDINGS LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SHUN TAK HOLDINGS LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. HONG KONG PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SHUN TAK HOLDINGS LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SHUN TAK HOLDINGS LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SHUN TAK HOLDINGS LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Shun Tak Holdings Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Shun Tak Holdings Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Shun Tak Holdings Ltd. Major Shareholders
Shun Tak Holdings Ltd. History
Shun Tak Holdings Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Shun Tak Holdings Ltd. Offices and Representations
Shun Tak Holdings Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Shun Tak Holdings Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Shun Tak Holdings Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Shun Tak Holdings Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Conglomerates Industry Statistics
Shun Tak Holdings Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Shun Tak Holdings Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Shun Tak Holdings Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Shun Tak Holdings Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Shun Tak Holdings Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Shun Tak Holdings Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Shun Tak Holdings Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Shun Tak Holdings Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?