- The report contains detailed information about Koninklijke Philips Electronics NV that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Koninklijke Philips Electronics NV. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Koninklijke Philips Electronics NV financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Koninklijke Philips Electronics NV competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Koninklijke Philips Electronics NV business.
About Koninklijke Philips Electronics NV
Koninklijke Philips Electronics N.V. engages in the healthcare, consumer lifestyle, and lighting product businesses worldwide.
The company operates in areas, such as cardiac care, acute care and home healthcare. Philips Healthcares main activities are organized across five businesses, including Imaging Systems x-ray, computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance (MR) imaging, and nuclear medicine imaging equipment; Clinical Care Systems ultrasound imaging, hospital respiratory systems, cardiac care systems and childrens medical ventures; Home Healthcare Solutions sleep management and respiratory care, medical alert services, remote cardiac services, remote patient management; Healthcare Informatics and Patient Monitoring healthcare informatics, patient monitoring systems and image management services; and Customer Services consultancy, clinical services, education, equipment financing, asset management, and equipment maintenance and repair.
Products and services are sold to healthcare providers, including academic, enterprise and institutions, clinics, physicians, home healthcare agencies, and consumer retailers.
In 2009, the Consumer Lifestyle sector consisted of various areas of business, including television, shaving & beauty, audio & video multimedia, domestic appliances, health & wellness, and peripherals & accessories.
The company partners with companies from other fields, such as Sara Lee/Douwe Egberts and Nivea Beiersdorf to deliver customer-focused appliance/consumable combinations. The companys global sales and service organization covers approximately 50 mature and emerging markets. In addition, it operates manufacturing and business creation organizations in the Netherlands, France, Belgium, Austria, Hungary, Singapore, Argentina, Brazil, and China.
Philips Lighting engages in the development, manufacturing, and application of lighting solutions. It addresses peoples lighting needs across a range of environments. Indoors, the company offers specialized lighting solutions for homes, shops, offices, schools, hotels, factories and hospitals. Outdoors, it provides lighting for public spaces, residential areas and sports arenas. The company also meets peoples needs on the road, by providing lighting for traffic (car lights and street lighting). In addition, it addresses peoples desire for light-inspired experiences through architectural projects. It also offers specific applications of lighting in specialized areas, such as horticulture, refrigeration lighting and signage, as well as heating, air and water purification, and healthcare.
The companys lighting business spans the entire lighting value chain from lighting sources, electronics and controls to full applications and solutions through various businesses, including Lamps: incandescent, halogen, (compact) fluorescent, high-intensity discharge; Consumer Luminaires: functional, decorative, lifestyle, scene-setting; Professional Luminaires: city beautification, road lighting, sports lighting, office lighting, shop/hospitality lighting, industry lighting; Lighting Electronics and Controls: electronic gear, electromagnetic gear, controls; Automotive Lighting: car headlights, car signaling, interior; Special Lighting Applications: projection, entertainment, purification, comfort heating, light & health; Lighting components: LUXEON, SnapLED, SuperFlux; and Lighting modules: modules, retrofits, and new applications.
The Lamps business conducts its sales and marketing activities through the wholesale, OEM and consumer channels. Professional Luminaires is organized in a Trade business (commodity products) and a Project solutions business (project luminaires and solutions). The main focus is on specifiers, lighting designers, architects and urban planners. Automotive Lighting is organized in two businesses: OEM and After-market. Lighting Electronics and Controls, Special Lighting Applications and Lighting components and modules conduct their sales and marketing through both the OEM and wholesale channels.
Group Management & Services
Corporate Technologies: Corporate Tech
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. KONINKLIJKE PHILIPS ELECTRONICS NV COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. KONINKLIJKE PHILIPS ELECTRONICS NV BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. KONINKLIJKE PHILIPS ELECTRONICS NV SWOT ANALYSIS
4. KONINKLIJKE PHILIPS ELECTRONICS NV FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. KONINKLIJKE PHILIPS ELECTRONICS NV COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Koninklijke Philips Electronics NV Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Koninklijke Philips Electronics NV and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Koninklijke Philips Electronics NV and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Koninklijke Philips Electronics NV Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Conglomerates Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Koninklijke Philips Electronics NV Industry Position Analysis
6. KONINKLIJKE PHILIPS ELECTRONICS NV NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. KONINKLIJKE PHILIPS ELECTRONICS NV EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. KONINKLIJKE PHILIPS ELECTRONICS NV ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. NETHERLANDS PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. KONINKLIJKE PHILIPS ELECTRONICS NV IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. KONINKLIJKE PHILIPS ELECTRONICS NV PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. KONINKLIJKE PHILIPS ELECTRONICS NV VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Koninklijke Philips Electronics NV Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Koninklijke Philips Electronics NV Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Koninklijke Philips Electronics NV Major Shareholders
Koninklijke Philips Electronics NV History
Koninklijke Philips Electronics NV Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Koninklijke Philips Electronics NV Offices and Representations
Koninklijke Philips Electronics NV SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Koninklijke Philips Electronics NV Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Koninklijke Philips Electronics NV Capital Market Snapshot
Koninklijke Philips Electronics NV Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Conglomerates Industry Statistics
Koninklijke Philips Electronics NV Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Koninklijke Philips Electronics NV Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Koninklijke Philips Electronics NV Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Koninklijke Philips Electronics NV 1-year Stock Charts
Koninklijke Philips Electronics NV 5-year Stock Charts
Koninklijke Philips Electronics NV vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Koninklijke Philips Electronics NV vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Koninklijke Philips Electronics NV Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?