- The report contains detailed information about JG Summit Holdings Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for JG Summit Holdings Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The JG Summit Holdings Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes JG Summit Holdings Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of JG Summit Holdings Inc. business.
About JG Summit Holdings Inc.
JG Summit Holdings, Inc. engages in branded consumer foods, agro-industrial and commodity food products, real property development, hotels, banking and financial services, telecommunications, petrochemicals, air transportation, and power generation businesses in the Philippines and internationally. The company and its subsidiaries (the Group), conducts business throughout the Philippines, but primarily in and around Metro Manila (where it is based) and in the regions of Visayas and Mindanao.
The company also has branded foods business in the Peoples Republic of China (PRC) and the ASEAN region and an interest in a property development in Singapore.
BRANDED CONSUMER FOODS, AGRO-INDUSTRIAL AND COMMODITY FOOD
The company operates its food business through Universal Robina Corporation (URC), which operates as a branded food product company in the Philippines and has a presence in other Asian markets. URC is involved in a range of food-related businesses, including the manufacture and distribution of branded consumer foods, production of hogs and day-old chicks, manufacture of animal and fish feeds, glucose and veterinary compounds, flour milling and sugar milling and refining. URC offers snack foods, candies, chocolates, day-old chicks, and fish feeds.
Principal Products or Services
URC operates its food business through operating divisions and wholly or majority-owned subsidiaries that are organized into three core business segments: branded consumer foods, agro-industrial products and commodity food products.
URCs BCF division manufactures and distributes a mix of snack, chocolate, candy, biscuit, bakery, beverages, noodles and tomato-based-products. The manufacture, distribution, sales and marketing activities are carried out through URCs BCF division, although URC conduct some of its branded consumer foods operations through its wholly-owned or majority-owned subsidiaries and joint venture companies (Hunt-URC and Nissin-URC). URC established Packaging division to engage in the manufacture of polypropylene films for packaging companies. URC also formed Food Service and Industrial Division that supply BCF products in bulk to certain institutions like hotels, restaurants and schools. In 2006, URC introduced carbonated and functional drinks (energy drink and fitness water) and operates PET bottle manufacturing plant to supply the packaging requirements of products in PET bottle format.
The company operates its BCF business in other Asian markets primarily through its subsidiary, URC International and its subsidiaries in China: Tianjin Pacific Foods Manufacturing Co. Ltd., Shanghai Peggy Foods Co. Ltd., Xiamen-Tongan Pacific Foods Co. Ltd., Panyu Peggy Foods Co. Ltd. and URC Hongkong Co. Ltd. (formerly Hongkong Peggy Snack Foods Co. Ltd.); in Malaysia: URC Snack Foods (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd. (formerly Pacific World Sdn. Bhd.) and Ricellent Sdn. Bhd.; in Thailand: URC (Thailand) Co. Ltd. (formerly Thai Peggy Foods Co. Ltd); in Singapore: URC Foods (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. and in Indonesia: PT URC Indonesia.
URCs agro-industrial products segment operates three divisions, which engage in hog and poultry farming (Robina Farms), the manufacture and distribution of animal feeds, glucose and soya products (Universal Corn Products), and the production and distribution of animal health products (Robichem).
URCs commodity food products segment engages in sugar milling and refining through its Sugar divisions URSUMCO, CARSUMCO and SONEDCO and recently acquired PASSI I and II sugar mills and flour milling and pasta manufacturing through URC Flour division.
Sales and Marketing
URC sells its branded food products primarily to supermarkets, as well as directly to top wholesales, convenience stores, large scale trading companies and independent business managers, which in turn sell its products to other small retailers and down line markets.
The company's primary supplier is CFC Clubhouse Property, Inc. URC purchases the parent stock for its layer chicks from ISA SAS in France (Hendrix Genetics) and from Hy-Line International in the United States under exclusive distribution agreements
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. JG SUMMIT HOLDINGS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. JG SUMMIT HOLDINGS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. JG SUMMIT HOLDINGS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. JG SUMMIT HOLDINGS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. JG SUMMIT HOLDINGS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. JG Summit Holdings Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of JG Summit Holdings Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of JG Summit Holdings Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. JG Summit Holdings Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Conglomerates Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. JG Summit Holdings Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. JG SUMMIT HOLDINGS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. JG SUMMIT HOLDINGS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. JG SUMMIT HOLDINGS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. PHILIPPINES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. JG SUMMIT HOLDINGS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. JG SUMMIT HOLDINGS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. JG SUMMIT HOLDINGS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
JG Summit Holdings Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
JG Summit Holdings Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
JG Summit Holdings Inc. Major Shareholders
JG Summit Holdings Inc. History
JG Summit Holdings Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
JG Summit Holdings Inc. Offices and Representations
JG Summit Holdings Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
JG Summit Holdings Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
JG Summit Holdings Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
JG Summit Holdings Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Conglomerates Industry Statistics
JG Summit Holdings Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
JG Summit Holdings Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
JG Summit Holdings Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
JG Summit Holdings Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
JG Summit Holdings Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
JG Summit Holdings Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
JG Summit Holdings Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
JG Summit Holdings Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?