- The report contains detailed information about Hong Leong Asia Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Hong Leong Asia Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Hong Leong Asia Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Hong Leong Asia Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Hong Leong Asia Ltd. business.
About Hong Leong Asia Ltd.
Hong Leong Asia Ltd. (the company) is a globally diversified company. The Hong Leong Group is Singapore's local private sector conglomerates with about 300 companies, including 12 listed companies, engaged in property; hotels; financial services; trade & industry and e-business, in the Asia-Pacific, Europe and North America.
The Group's core businesses are in property, hotels, financial services and trade & industry. The recent restructuring of the Group saw it venturing into technology and e-business enablement with initial focus on the hospitality sector.
The Group ventured into the e-business arena with CITY e-SOLUTIONS LTD (CES), formerly known as CDL Hotels International Ltd. Listed in Hong Kong and traded in CLOB International in Singapore and the Amsterdam Stock Exchange, CES is the designated vehicle to spearhead e-business initiatives for the Hong Leong Group and its Singapore-based parent company, City Developments Ltd (CDL).
CES will leverage off the Group's business network, reputation and financial strength to develop and invest in e-business initiatives in industries related to the Group's activities. Its strategy is to develop bricks and clicks business initiatives that will transform it into a global solutions provider for the hospitality industry as a start.
SWAN Inc. (SWAN), based in Denver will spearhead CES's operations in the United States, underpining the Group's strategic ambition to become a global solutions provider. It is an integrated e-solutions provider that specializes in services ranging from property, yield and risk management to sales and marketing, reservations, back-office systems, training and procurement.
CITY DEVELOPMENTS LIMITED (CDL) has been in the forefront of Singapore's property sector ever since its inception in 1963. Today, CDL is an international property and hotel conglomerate involving in 3 main businesses: real estate development and investment, hotel operations and Internet investment. Operating in 17 countries spanning Asia, Europe, North America and Australasia, the CDL Group has over 200 subsidiaries and associated companies including eight companies listed on the notable stock exchanges of Singapore, London, Hong Kong, Amsterdam, New Zealand and Manila.
The Group runs its hotel operations through its London-listed subsidiary, Millennium & Copthorne Hotels plc (M&C). M&C owns and operates a portfolio of 91 hotels with close to 25,000 rooms in 17 countries.
M&C is ranked 35th amongst the world's top 325 international hotel groups. Millennium Seoul Hilton, the five-star Korean hotel was also acquired by the Group in late 1999.
M&C hotels are marketed under the two principal brands- Millennium & Copthorne. It also owns hotels managed by International hotel chains such as Kingsgate, Hilton, Hyatt, JW Marriott, Nikko and The Regent in New Zealand, South Korea, Taipei, Hong Kong and Malaysia.
In Singapore, the hotels in the M&C portfolio comprises Grand Copthorne Waterfront, Copthorne Orchid, Copthorne King's, Orchard Hotel and M Hotel.
In May 2001 Millennium & Copthorne Hotels plc and Maritim Hotels jointly entered into an agreement to form a global strategic marketing alliance. This alliance creates a combined portfolio of 128 hotels with almost 35,000 rooms in Europe, the USA and Asia. Maritim is one of Germany's largest and most prestigious hotel companies with properties located in all of Germany's key cities and destinations plus in three international locations: Mauritius, Tenerife and Riga.
Long term management contracts awarded include a five-star property in Marrakech (Morocco), two five-star hotels in Abu Dhabi and Sharjah in the United Arab Emirates, two five-star hotels in Istanbul and Ankara in Turkey and the luxurious Royal Palm Hotel in the Galapagos Islands.
The Group ventured into financial services in the mid-1960s. Hong Leong Finance has emerged to become Singapore's largest finance company, with a network of 28 branch offices.
Hong Leong Finance serves the man-in-the-street, aspiring businessmen and executives (with an emphasis on SMEs), the young family, HDB dwellers
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. HONG LEONG ASIA LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. HONG LEONG ASIA LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. HONG LEONG ASIA LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. HONG LEONG ASIA LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. HONG LEONG ASIA LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Hong Leong Asia Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Hong Leong Asia Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Hong Leong Asia Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Hong Leong Asia Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Conglomerates Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Hong Leong Asia Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. HONG LEONG ASIA LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. HONG LEONG ASIA LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. HONG LEONG ASIA LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. SINGAPORE PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. HONG LEONG ASIA LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. HONG LEONG ASIA LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. HONG LEONG ASIA LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Hong Leong Asia Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Hong Leong Asia Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Hong Leong Asia Ltd. Major Shareholders
Hong Leong Asia Ltd. History
Hong Leong Asia Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Hong Leong Asia Ltd. Offices and Representations
Hong Leong Asia Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Hong Leong Asia Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Hong Leong Asia Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Hong Leong Asia Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Conglomerates Industry Statistics
Hong Leong Asia Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Hong Leong Asia Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Hong Leong Asia Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Hong Leong Asia Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Hong Leong Asia Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Hong Leong Asia Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Hong Leong Asia Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Hong Leong Asia Ltd. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?