- The report contains detailed information about CITIC Pacific Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for CITIC Pacific Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The CITIC Pacific Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes CITIC Pacific Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of CITIC Pacific Ltd. business.
About CITIC Pacific Ltd.
CITIC Pacific Limited engages in the special steel manufacturing and iron ore mining operations primarily in Hong Kong and Mainland China. The companys segments include Special Steel, Iron Ore Mining, Property, Aviation, Power Generation, Civil Infrastructure, Communications, and Marketing and Distribution.
CITIC Pacific Special Steel operates as a special steel manufacturer in China. Special Steel is used in a range of industries, including auto components, machinery manufacturing, transportation, energy, railways and shipping. The major products are bearing steel, gear steel, spring steel and seamless steel tubes. These are used in a range of different industries, including auto components, machinery manufacturing, oil, petrochemicals, transportation, energy, railways and shipping. The companys three operating plants, Jiangyin Xingcheng Special Steel, Xin Yegang Steel and Shijiazhuang Steel, are ideally located to cover the main markets for special steel in eastern, central and northern China. Special steel refers to steel that has added or extra benefits, such as heat resistance, anti corrosion and anti fatigue. Categorised by shape, special steel includes bar steel, plate, strip steel, tube steel and wire steel.
Customers: The companys customers include Jiangsu Zhenda Seamless Tube; Pangang Group Chengdu Iron and Steel; Yangzhou Chengde Steel Tube; Dongfeng Motor; and Jiangxi Hongdu Steelworks.
Iron Ore Mining
The Sino Iron project is the most advanced magnetite development in Australia. CITIC Pacific has rights to two billion tonnes of resource. The Sino Iron project is managed by CITIC Pacific Mining, a subsidiary of CITIC Pacific.
CITIC Pacific focuses on developing medium and large scale projects in mainland China. Properties are located in prime areas in Shanghai, major cities in the Yangtze Delta area, as well as Hainan Island. Jointly developed by CITIC Pacific and the China State Shipbuilding Corporation, this project would include Grade-A office buildings, retail space, apartments and a hotel. Its properties include Lu Jia Zui New Financial District Project; Zhujiajiao New Town Qingpu Residential Project; New Westgate Garden; No. 10, Hainan Road; Jiading New City Station of Metro Line No.11; Sichuan Beilu Station of Metro Line No. 10; CITIC Square, Ningbo; Noble Manor, Yangzhou; Binhu District Residential Project, Wuxi; Jiangyin Residential Project, Jiangyin; Shenzhou Peninsula Development, Wanning; CITIC Square; Royal Pavilion; and New Westgate Garden Retail Portion; Discovery Bay.
Cathay Pacific is an international passenger and freight carrier based in Hong Kong, which together with its subsidiaries Dragonair and Air Hong Kong, operates a fleet of 162 aircraft providing services to approximately 120 destinations in 37 countries worldwide. HACTL operates Super Terminal 1, the largest air cargo terminal worldwide.
CITIC Pacific owned a total attributable capacity of 6,250 MW.
The Eastern Harbour Tunnel registered average daily traffic of 63,218 vehicles in 2008. The Western Harbour Tunnel is a key section of the Route 3 highway connecting Hong Kong Island with mainland China and Chek Lap Kok Airport.
Communications includes CITIC 1616,CITIC Guoan; and cpcNet Hong Kong.
CITIC 1616: It is a telecom hub based provider in Asia, interconnected to approximately 240 international telecom and mobile carriers in approximately 50 countries/areas.
CITIC Guoans primary business is its 41.6% interest in CITIC Guoan Information Industry Co., Ltd. (Guoan Information). Guoan Information operates cable tv networks in 18 cities and one province in mainland China with approximately 6 million subscribers. Guoan Information also has interests in systems integration, software development, hotel management, salt lake consolidated resources developement and property development. cpcNet Hong Kong provides Internet services to corporate customers in the Greater China area.
Marketing and Distribution
Marketing and Distribution includes Motor Vehicle Trading and Non-Motor Trading. Motor Vehicle Trading: Dah Chong Hong is a major distributor of motor vehicles and consumer and food commodity products. It has operations in Hong Kong and mainland China, as well as businesses in Japan, Singapore and Canada. Dah Chong Hong distributes motor vehicles in the territory. It distributes a range of vehicles, such as Passenger cars and Commercial vehicles. Dah Chong Hong distributes imported and domestically manufactured vehicles through local partners. The non-motor trading business includes Dah Chong Hong and Sims. Dah Chong Hong distributes in Hong Kong, Macau and mainland China a range of consumer and commodity food.
CITIC Pacific Limited was founded in 1990.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CITIC PACIFIC LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CITIC PACIFIC LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CITIC PACIFIC LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CITIC PACIFIC LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CITIC PACIFIC LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. CITIC Pacific Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of CITIC Pacific Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of CITIC Pacific Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. CITIC Pacific Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Conglomerates Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. CITIC Pacific Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. CITIC PACIFIC LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CITIC PACIFIC LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CITIC PACIFIC LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. HONG KONG PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CITIC PACIFIC LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CITIC PACIFIC LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CITIC PACIFIC LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
CITIC Pacific Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
CITIC Pacific Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
CITIC Pacific Ltd. Major Shareholders
CITIC Pacific Ltd. History
CITIC Pacific Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
CITIC Pacific Ltd. Offices and Representations
CITIC Pacific Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
CITIC Pacific Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
CITIC Pacific Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
CITIC Pacific Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Conglomerates Industry Statistics
CITIC Pacific Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
CITIC Pacific Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
CITIC Pacific Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
CITIC Pacific Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
CITIC Pacific Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
CITIC Pacific Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
CITIC Pacific Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
CITIC Pacific Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?