- The report contains detailed information about Boustead Holdings Bhd that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Boustead Holdings Bhd. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Boustead Holdings Bhd financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Boustead Holdings Bhd competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Boustead Holdings Bhd business.
About Boustead Holdings Bhd
Boustead Holdings Berhad engages in diversified business operations such as Plantation, Finance & Investment, Property, Manufacturing & Trading and Service industry and Education.
Plantation division main activities include planting and processing of oil palm, rubber, forestry and also oil bulking installations operation. The Group's plantation interest is held through its subsidiaries on Bursa Malaysia, i.e. Boustead Holdings Berhad and Boustead Properties Berhad and Boustead Plantations Berhad.
Finance and Investment
The companys finance and investment services include hire purchase and housing loans, corporate finance and banking services, loan syndication, and treasury operations. The Company's subsidiary, Affin Holdings Berhad, is an investment holding company that offers a range of financial services. Affin Holdings Group of Companies comprises Affin Bank Berhad, Affin-ACF Finance Berhad, Affin Merchant Bank Berhad, Affin Discount Berhad, Affin Securities Sdn Bhd, Affin-ACF Holdings Berhad, Affin Moneybrokers Sdn Bhd, Affin Fund Management Sdn Bhd and AXA-Affin Assurance Berhad.
Affin Bank Berhad, has a network of more than 84 branches throughout Malaysia. Affin-ACF Finance Berhad is a licensed finance company. Through its network of 46 branches, it offers mainly hire-purchase and housing loans.
Affin Merchant Bank Berhad, Malaysias oldest merchant bank, offers corporate finance and banking services, loan syndication and treasury operations.
Boustead Credit Sdn Bhd is a credit company offering hire purchase and leasing products. Its main business activities are in hire purchase of motor vehicle and leasing and consumer credit. The company operates in 4 locations in Brickfields and Selayang in Kuala Lumpur, Skudai in Johor Bahru and Perai in Butterworth.
Bousteads property activities include property development of residential and commercial properties for sale, and property investment and Hotel Operations. This Division's property development projects are located in Taman Mutiara Rini, Skudai, Johor; Mutiara Damansara, Petaling Jaya, Selangor; and Taman Jernih, Bukit Mertajam, Pulau Pinang.
Residential Development: The Company has developed 461 units of double storey terrace houses in Mutiara Damansara. The 461 units of terrace houses were completed and handed over to the houseowners in 2002. Mutiara Damansara launched 376 units of condominiums with a density of 40 units per acre in March 2004. These condominiums have facilities such as security, swimming pools, gym, landscaped gardens and covered carparks, amongst others.
Commercial Development - The CURVE
The Curves is a focal point for Klang Valley residents is taking shape in Mutiara Damansara. It covers an area of 60 acres shopping destination with names such as IKEA, Tesco and Cineleisure Damansara. The three major anchors would surround a pedestrian mall, i.e. the Curve comprising 120 shops designed with various floor sizes, nooks and corners as well as fresco dining courtyards. The pedestrian mall allows a central stage for music festivals, classical concerts, and other live performances.
IKEA, which operates more than 160 stores in 29 countries, and has a work force of 55,000, is a home furnishing retailer. The Tesco Group is a United Kingdom food retailer with group sales exceeding RM115 billion. Tesco operates 845 stores in 9 countries.
Cineleisure Damansara has 60 lane bowling alley, cineplexes, disco, video arcade and entertainment related retail outlets similar to the Cineleisure Complex in downtown Orchard Road, Singapore. Taman Jernih is a 36 acre development in Bukit Mertajam, Pulau Pinang which is being developed jointly with the Keppel Group of Singapore.
The Company's Royale Bintang Hotel is a four star hotel situated in Kuala Lumpur's tourist and shopping belt of Jalan Bukit Bintang. The hotel is located adjacent to a 2.8 acre piece of land which the Group would be redeveloping into an entertainment cum shopping centre. The Company's other investment properties comprise residential bungalows and industrial warehouses across the country.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. BOUSTEAD HOLDINGS BHD COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. BOUSTEAD HOLDINGS BHD BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. BOUSTEAD HOLDINGS BHD SWOT ANALYSIS
4. BOUSTEAD HOLDINGS BHD FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. BOUSTEAD HOLDINGS BHD COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Boustead Holdings Bhd Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Boustead Holdings Bhd and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Boustead Holdings Bhd and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Boustead Holdings Bhd Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Conglomerates Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Boustead Holdings Bhd Industry Position Analysis
6. BOUSTEAD HOLDINGS BHD NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. BOUSTEAD HOLDINGS BHD EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. BOUSTEAD HOLDINGS BHD ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. MALAYSIA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. BOUSTEAD HOLDINGS BHD IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. BOUSTEAD HOLDINGS BHD PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. BOUSTEAD HOLDINGS BHD VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Boustead Holdings Bhd Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Boustead Holdings Bhd Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Boustead Holdings Bhd Major Shareholders
Boustead Holdings Bhd History
Boustead Holdings Bhd Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Boustead Holdings Bhd Offices and Representations
Boustead Holdings Bhd SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Boustead Holdings Bhd Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Boustead Holdings Bhd Capital Market Snapshot
Boustead Holdings Bhd Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Conglomerates Industry Statistics
Boustead Holdings Bhd Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Boustead Holdings Bhd Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Boustead Holdings Bhd Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Boustead Holdings Bhd 1-year Stock Charts
Boustead Holdings Bhd 5-year Stock Charts
Boustead Holdings Bhd vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Boustead Holdings Bhd vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Boustead Holdings Bhd Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?