- The report contains detailed information about Vitro, S.A.B. de C.V that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Vitro, S.A.B. de C.V. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Vitro, S.A.B. de C.V financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Vitro, S.A.B. de C.V competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Vitro, S.A.B. de C.V business.
About Vitro, S.A.B. de C.V
Vitro, S.A.B. de C.V., a holding company, manufactures glass containers and flat glass in Mexico. The company serves multiple product markets, including construction and automotive glass, food and beverage, wine, liquor, cosmetics and pharmaceutical glass containers. The companys subsidiaries also produce raw materials and equipment and capital goods for industrial use.
Glass Containers business unit
The Glass Containers business unit is a glass container producer in Mexico and Central America. The Glass Containers business unit produces glass containers for the soft drink, beer, food, juices, liquor and wine, pharmaceuticals and cosmetics industries. Its customers include companies such as Avon, Bacardi, Campbells, Coty, Diageo, Encore Glass, Estee Lauder, Gerber, Grupo Cuervo, Grupo Domecq, Grupo Modelo, Herdez McCormick, Jafra, Jeyes, Jugos del Valle, Jumex, Nestle, Pepsi Cola, Pisa, Procter & Gamble, Sauza, Tamazula and The Coca-Cola Company.
Glass Containers business unit also manufactures and distributes: soda ash, sodium bicarbonate, calcium chloride and salt, which are the main raw materials used in the manufacture of glass products, pharmaceutical, food and detergent industries; and capital goods such as glass forming machines and molds.
The Glass Containers business unit, which exports to the United States mainly through one of its subsidiaries, has five sales offices, four design centers and one distribution center in the United States.
The company also owns 100% of the common stock of a company that owns and operates the glass container manufacturing facility in Bolivia. This company distributes glass containers for the soft drinks, food, beer, wine and liquor industries throughout Bolivia, southern Peru and Chile.
Flat Glass business unit
The Flat Glass business unit is owned 91.8% by the company and is comprised of two main businesses: Float Glass manufacturing and distribution and Automotive Safety Glass manufacturing and distribution. The business unit is the flat glass producer in Mexico, distributor of flat glass products in the United States and a provider of insulated flat glass products in Spain and Portugal.
As of December 31, 2008, the Float Glass manufacturing business owned four float glass furnaces. The company produces the total amount of required float glass used as a raw material for the manufacturing of automotive safety glass internally through Vidrio y Cristal.
The Automotive Safety Glass manufacturing and distribution business is also a manufacturer of safety glass products for the automotive OEM and AGR markets in Mexico. Automotive Safety Glass manufacturing and distribution business customer base includes General Motors, Ford Motor Co., Chrysler, Volkswagen and Nissan.
The companys foreign subsidiaries perform a majority of flat glass operations in the United States and derives majority of its sales from the distribution and fabrication of construction glass and from the distribution and installation of auto glass; engages in the manufacture and distribution of value-added flat glass products for the Spanish, French and Portuguese construction industries, with specialties in value-added glass products and glass for landmark construction projects and conduct Colombian flat glass operations and is engaged in the manufacture and distribution of flat glass products for the automotive and construction markets.
The company, through one of its subsidiaries, processes, distributes, and installs flat glass products for the construction and automotive markets in the United States. It operates in 23 states in the U.S. through 7 fabrication centers, 20 distribution centers and 88 installation centers.
During 2008, the company consolidated the operations of Santa Fe Springs and North Hollywood distribution centers into one single fabrication facility in Los Angeles, California in order to serve customer needs in the Los Angeles area. In Europe, the company has five processing facilities throughout Spain and one distribution center in Barcelona, Spain, one processing facility in Chaves and one in Lisbon, Portugal, and a processing facility in Villetaneuse, France.
Soda Ash, Sand and Feldspar: The company has a supply agreement with Unimin Corporation. In 2009, it entered into a four-year supply agreement with American Natural Soda Ash Corporation.
Energy: The company has a power purchase agreement with Tractebel Energía, S. de R.L. de C.V.
The company, in April 2008, through its subsidiary, Vitro Cristalglass, acquired the operations of Verres et Glaces dEpinay, a Paris-based value-added flat glass company. The operations have been incorporated into a new subsidiary, which is engaged in the production and distribution of value-added glass products to the French residential and commercial construction market.
The Glass Containers business unit faces competition in the United States, mainly from Saint Gobain and Owens-Illinois.
Mexican flat glass subsidiaries face competition in the construction industry mainly from Saint Gobain, Guardian, and from imports of glass products. With respect to automotive safety glass, the business units principal competition includes Saint Gobain, PGW, Asahi, Pilkington, and Zeledyne. In Europe, Vitro Cristalglass, as an insulated glass manufacturer, faces competition with regional competitors and integrated competitors like Saint Gobain. In Central and South America, Vitro Colombias main competitors are Guardian, Pilkington and Saint Gobain.
Vitro, S.A.B. de C.V. was founded in 1909.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. VITRO, S.A.B. DE C.V COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. VITRO, S.A.B. DE C.V BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. VITRO, S.A.B. DE C.V SWOT ANALYSIS
4. VITRO, S.A.B. DE C.V FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. VITRO, S.A.B. DE C.V COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Vitro, S.A.B. de C.V Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Vitro, S.A.B. de C.V and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Vitro, S.A.B. de C.V and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Vitro, S.A.B. de C.V Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Packaging and Containers Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Vitro, S.A.B. de C.V Industry Position Analysis
6. VITRO, S.A.B. DE C.V NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. VITRO, S.A.B. DE C.V EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. VITRO, S.A.B. DE C.V ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. MEXICO PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. VITRO, S.A.B. DE C.V IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. VITRO, S.A.B. DE C.V PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. VITRO, S.A.B. DE C.V VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Vitro, S.A.B. de C.V Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Vitro, S.A.B. de C.V Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Vitro, S.A.B. de C.V Major Shareholders
Vitro, S.A.B. de C.V History
Vitro, S.A.B. de C.V Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Vitro, S.A.B. de C.V Offices and Representations
Vitro, S.A.B. de C.V SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Vitro, S.A.B. de C.V Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Vitro, S.A.B. de C.V Capital Market Snapshot
Vitro, S.A.B. de C.V Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Packaging and Containers Industry Statistics
Vitro, S.A.B. de C.V Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Vitro, S.A.B. de C.V Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Vitro, S.A.B. de C.V Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Vitro, S.A.B. de C.V 1-year Stock Charts
Vitro, S.A.B. de C.V 5-year Stock Charts
Vitro, S.A.B. de C.V vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Vitro, S.A.B. de C.V vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Vitro, S.A.B. de C.V Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?