- The report contains detailed information about Viskase Companies Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Viskase Companies Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Viskase Companies Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Viskase Companies Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Viskase Companies Inc. business.
About Viskase Companies Inc.
Viskase Companies, Inc. engages in the manufacture and sale of cellulosic food casings primarily in North America, South America and Europe.
The company produces non-edible cellulosic and plastic casings and specialty plastic bags used to prepare and package processed meat products, and provides value-added support services relating to the products, for the global consumer products companies.
The companys primary product, artificial casings, is used for preparing processed meats like hot dogs, sausages, and deli meats. The company operates eight manufacturing facilities and eight distribution centers in North America, Europe and South America and, is able to sell its products in most countries throughout the world.
The company provides artificial casings and various plastics products for food processors throughout the world. In addition to its casings business, the company also makes plastic barrier bags, other specialty plastics products for food suppliers, membranes for laboratory dialysis and battery separators. The company operates in the small-diameter cellulosic, fibrous and plastic casings market. Casings are used in the production of processed meat and poultry products, such as hot dogs, sausages, salami, ham and bologna.
The companys main product lines include:
NOJAX casings: Small-diameter cellulosic casings designed for the production of hot dogs, wieners, frankfurters, viennas, cocktail sausages, coarse ground dinner sausages and other small-diameter processed meats.
Fibrous casings: Paper-reinforced cellulosic casings utilized in the manufacture of various cooked, smoked and dried processed meats, including sausages, bologna, salami, ham, pepperoni and deli meats.
VISFLEX, VISMAX and VISLON plastic casings: Plastic (polyamide) casings, each designed with distinct performance characteristics targeted at various sausage, deli meat and other processed meat and poultry applications.
Other Products: The company also manufactures other specialty cellulosic products, a family of cellulosic casings with limited applications for mortadella and specialty sausages, and non-food products targeted at dialysis membrane and specialized battery separator market applications. The company takes on distributor product lines of certain allied products that serve as complementary supply items to casings. Its products include an elastic netting line that it distributes in North America and shrinkable barrier bags that it distributes in Italy.
In 2006, the company re-entered the market for heat shrinkable bags made from specialty plastic films. The companys heat-shrinkable plastic bags, sold primarily under the brand name SEALFLEX, are used to package and preserve products, such as fresh and processed meat products, poultry and cheese during wholesale and retail distribution. The company participates in the multilayer segment to provide multilayer specialty plastic bags.
As part of its service orientation, the company also provides graphic art and design services to its customers. The company prints designs, illustrations and texts in multiple colors directly on the specialty plastic bags. The use of a nylon platform has allowed the company to offer optical and sealing properties in its bags.
The company has five manufacturing and/or finishing facilities located outside the continental United States, in Monterrey, Mexico; Beauvais, France; Thaon-les-Vosges, France; Caronno, Italy; and Guarulhos, Brazil. The companys operations in France are responsible for distributing products, directly or through distributors, in Europe, Africa, the Middle East and parts of Asia. The company markets its processed meat products in North America and Western Europe, and in growing markets in Eastern Europe, Latin America and Southeast Asia.
Sales and Distribution
The company sells its products in various countries throughout the world. In the United States, Viskase has a staff of technical sales teams responsible for sales and service to processed meat and poultry producers. Approximately 77 distributors market Viskase products to customers in Europe, Africa, the Middle East, Asia, and Latin America. The companys products are marketed through its own subsidiaries in France, Germany, Italy, Poland, Brazil, and Mexico, and it maintains ten service and distribution centers located in the United States, Brazil, Canada, Germany, Italy and Poland.
The companys principal competitors in the cellulosic casing market are Viscofan, S.A., located in Spain with additional facilities in Germany, the Czech Republic, the United States, Mexico and Brazil; Kalle Nalo GmbH, located in Germany; Wolff Walsrode, a wholly owned subsidiary of Dow Chemical, located in Germany; VT Holding Group, located in Finland; and two Japanese manufacturers, Futamura Chemical, marketed by Meatlonn, and Toho.
Viskase Companies, Inc., formerly known as Envirodyne Industries, Inc., was founded in 1969.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. VISKASE COMPANIES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. VISKASE COMPANIES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. VISKASE COMPANIES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. VISKASE COMPANIES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. VISKASE COMPANIES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Viskase Companies Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Viskase Companies Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Viskase Companies Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Viskase Companies Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Packaging and Containers Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Viskase Companies Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. VISKASE COMPANIES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. VISKASE COMPANIES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. VISKASE COMPANIES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. VISKASE COMPANIES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. VISKASE COMPANIES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. VISKASE COMPANIES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Viskase Companies Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Viskase Companies Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Viskase Companies Inc. Major Shareholders
Viskase Companies Inc. History
Viskase Companies Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Viskase Companies Inc. Offices and Representations
Viskase Companies Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Viskase Companies Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Viskase Companies Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Viskase Companies Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Packaging and Containers Industry Statistics
Viskase Companies Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Viskase Companies Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Viskase Companies Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Viskase Companies Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Viskase Companies Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Viskase Companies Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Viskase Companies Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Viskase Companies Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?