- The report contains detailed information about Smurfit-Stone Container Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Smurfit-Stone Container Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Smurfit-Stone Container Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Smurfit-Stone Container Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Smurfit-Stone Container Corp. business.
About Smurfit-Stone Container Corp.
Smurfit-Stone Container Corporation manufactures paperboard and paper-based packaging in North America, including containerboard and corrugated containers. The company also offers paper recycling.
The companys products include containerboard; corrugated containers; market pulp; kraft paper; and reclaimed and brokered fiber.
The company produces corrugated containers designed to protect, ship, store, and display products. Corrugated containers are sold to a range of manufacturers of consumer goods. Corrugated containers are used to transport such products as home appliances, electric motors, small machinery, grocery products, produce, books, and furniture. It provides customers with packaging solutions to advertise and sell their products. In addition, it manufactures and sells various retail ready, point of purchase displays, and a line of specialty products, including pizza boxes, corrugated clamshells for the food industry, cordeck recyclable pallets and custom die-cut boxes to display packaged merchandise on the sales floor. It also provides custom, proprietary and standard automated packaging machines, offering customers turn-key installation, automation, line integration and packaging solutions. The companys container plants serve local customers and large national accounts.
The companys containerboard mills produce containerboard, which is used in the production of corrugated packaging. It produces 3,395,000 tons of unbleached kraft linerboard, 794,000 tons of white top linerboard, and 1,844,000 tons of medium in 2009.
The companys paper mills also produce market pulp, kraft paper, solid bleached liner (SBL), and other specialty products. It produces southern hardwood pulp, bleached southern softwood pulp, and fluff pulp, which are sold to manufacturers of paper products, including specialty papers, as well as the printing and writing sectors. Kraft paper is used in various products, including consumer and industrial bags, grocery and shopping bags, counter rolls, handle stock, and refuse bags.
The company operates 29 reclamation facilities that collect, sort, grade, and bale recovered paper. It also collects aluminum and plastics for resale to manufacturers of these products. In addition, it operates a nationwide brokerage system whereby it purchases and resells recovered paper to its recycled paper mills and other producers on a regional and national contract basis. The companys waste reduction services extract additional recyclables from the waste stream by partnering with customers.
The company was founded in 1926. It was formerly known as Smurfit-Stone Container Enterprises, Inc. and changed its name to Smurfit-Stone Container Corporation in June 2010.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SMURFIT-STONE CONTAINER CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SMURFIT-STONE CONTAINER CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SMURFIT-STONE CONTAINER CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SMURFIT-STONE CONTAINER CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SMURFIT-STONE CONTAINER CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Smurfit-Stone Container Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Smurfit-Stone Container Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Smurfit-Stone Container Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Smurfit-Stone Container Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Packaging and Containers Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Smurfit-Stone Container Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. SMURFIT-STONE CONTAINER CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SMURFIT-STONE CONTAINER CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SMURFIT-STONE CONTAINER CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SMURFIT-STONE CONTAINER CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SMURFIT-STONE CONTAINER CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SMURFIT-STONE CONTAINER CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Smurfit-Stone Container Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Smurfit-Stone Container Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Smurfit-Stone Container Corp. Major Shareholders
Smurfit-Stone Container Corp. History
Smurfit-Stone Container Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Smurfit-Stone Container Corp. Offices and Representations
Smurfit-Stone Container Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Smurfit-Stone Container Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Smurfit-Stone Container Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Smurfit-Stone Container Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Packaging and Containers Industry Statistics
Smurfit-Stone Container Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Smurfit-Stone Container Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Smurfit-Stone Container Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Smurfit-Stone Container Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Smurfit-Stone Container Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Smurfit-Stone Container Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Smurfit-Stone Container Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Smurfit-Stone Container Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?