- The report contains detailed information about Madeco S.A. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Madeco S.A.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Madeco S.A. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Madeco S.A. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Madeco S.A. business.
About Madeco S.A.
Madeco S.A. manufactures finished and semi-finished non-ferrous products based on copper, aluminum and related alloys in Latin American. The company also manufactures flexible packaging products for use in the mass consumer market for food, snacks and cosmetics products.
The companys operations are organized into three principal operating segments or business units based on production processes. Its business units are: Flexible Packaging; Brass Mills; and Profiles.
In the Flexible Packaging business, the companys principal products include rotogravure and flexo laminated flexible packaging (plastics, foil, and paper). It has flexible packaging facilities in Chile and Argentina.
Customers: The companys Flexible Packaging unit has approximately 100 active customers in Chile, which include multinational companies, such as Nestle and Unilever, and local regional companies, such as Corpora and Carozzi. The company also has approximately 70 clients in Argentina, which include multinational companies, such as Nestle, Unilever, Masterfoods, Royal Canin, Procter & Gamble, Clorox, AGD, and The Value Brand and approximately 100 active customers in Peru, which include multinational companies, such as Unilever, Kimberly Clark, Procter & Gamble, Nestle, Frito Lay, Kraft Foods and various local regional companies, such as Alicorp, Productos Tissue, Molitalia and Gloria. Its major customers in 2008 are in the food and hygiene industries.
Suppliers: The principal polypropylene film suppliers for Alusa in Argentina, Chile and Peru are Sigdopack S.A., Polo/Quimatic S.A., Vitopel S.A. and OPP Films S.A.C. The main polyethylene resin suppliers in 2008, were Dispercol S.A., Goechem Interacional Corp., and Dow Chemical Company subsidiaries PBB Polisur S.A., Petroquímica Dow S.A. and Dow Química Chilena, S.A.
The company obtains most of its aluminum film requirements from Hydro Aluminum Deutschland GMBH (Germany), Noble (China) and CBA (Brazil). It purchases its various adhesives from Henkel, Rohm & Hass and Coim. Dye is purchased from Sun Chemical Ink S.A., Flint Ink and Tintas Gráficas Vencedor S.A.
Competitors in the Chilean Flexible Packaging Market: The companys competitors include the Chilean company Envases del Pacífico S.A. (Edelpa); BO Packaging, HyC and Envases Flexibles.
Competitors in the Argentine Flexible Packaging Market: The main competitors of Aluflex, other than Converflex, are Alvher, Celomat (Fleximat), Zaniello and Bolsapel.
Competitors in the Peruvian Flexible Packaging Market: The companys main competitors are Envases Multiples and Resinplast.
In the Brass Mills business, the companys products include pipes, sheets, coils, busbars, bars and coin blanks made from copper, aluminum and related alloys. It manufactures coin blanks and minted coins from alloys comprising copper, nickel, aluminum and zinc. The companys Brass Mills facilities are located in Chile and Argentina.
Sales: The company sells a large portion of its Brass Mills products in Chile and Argentina, where it has its production facilities. It also exports pipes, bars and sheets to multiple countries, including the United States, as well as countries in Latin America, Europe, and Asia. Export sales of the PBS division consist of all sales to customers in any country other than Chile or Argentina.
Customers: The companys PBS operations in Chile have 68 clients in Chile, 300 Argentinean customers and 46 customers in its export markets. In 2008, the major customer was Unimet.
Suppliers: The company purchases its copper supplies for its Brass Mills operations mainly from two Chilean mining companies, Codelco and Enami, and one international mining company Escondida (BHP Billiton). During 2008, the company obtained most of its Brass Mills aluminum requirements from Aluminios Argentinos S.A.I.C. (Aluar, of Argentina) and Alcasa S.A. Its zinc requirements are purchased mainly from Doe Run (Peruvian supplier). Nickel is purchased mainly from Inco Limited (Canada) and Companhia Niquel Tocantins S.A. (Brazil), and tin is purchased mainly from Minsur S.A. (Peru).
Competition: The companys primary competitor in the copper pipe segment is Themco-Conformadores de Metales S.A. (Conmetal). Its principal competitor in Argentina is Pajarbol S.A. It competes with Sotyl S.A.; Vaspia S.A.I.C.; and Industrias Quimetal S.A.I.C.
In the Profiles business, the companys products include extruded profiles used mainly in residential and non- residential construction (windows and patio doors, curtain walls), and diverse industrial applications. The company operates this segment through its subsidiary, Industrias de Aluminio S.A.
For the procurement of anodization chemical products, the company establishes annual purchase agreements with four main suppliers, Brenntang Chile Comercial e Industrial, Chemal Katschmareck - GMBH (Germany), Química del Sur y Cía. Ltda. (Chile), and Solimpex S.A. (Chile).
Competition: The companys competitors include Alumco, Kommerling, and Veka.
In 2008, the company sold its Wire & Cable unit.
Madeco S.A. was founded in 1944.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MADECO S.A. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MADECO S.A. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MADECO S.A. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MADECO S.A. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MADECO S.A. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Madeco S.A. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Madeco S.A. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Madeco S.A. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Madeco S.A. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Packaging and Containers Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Madeco S.A. Industry Position Analysis
6. MADECO S.A. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MADECO S.A. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MADECO S.A. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CHILE PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MADECO S.A. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MADECO S.A. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MADECO S.A. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Madeco S.A. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Madeco S.A. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Madeco S.A. Major Shareholders
Madeco S.A. History
Madeco S.A. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Madeco S.A. Offices and Representations
Madeco S.A. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Madeco S.A. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Madeco S.A. Capital Market Snapshot
Madeco S.A. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Packaging and Containers Industry Statistics
Madeco S.A. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Madeco S.A. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Madeco S.A. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Madeco S.A. 1-year Stock Charts
Madeco S.A. 5-year Stock Charts
Madeco S.A. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Madeco S.A. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Madeco S.A. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?