AEP Industries Inc. Fundamental Company Report Including Financial, SWOT, Competitors and Industry Analysis
(Coronavirus Impact Assessment - Special Edition)
- The report contains detailed information about AEP Industries Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for AEP Industries Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The AEP Industries Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes AEP Industries Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of AEP Industries Inc. business.
About AEP Industries Inc.
AEP Industries Inc. manufactures plastic packaging films in North America. The company manufactures and markets a line of polyethylene, polyvinyl chloride, and polypropylene flexible packaging products, with consumer, industrial, and agricultural applications. The companys plastic packaging films are used in the packaging, transportation, beverage, food, automotive, pharmaceutical, chemical, electronics, construction, agriculture, and textile industries.
The company manufactures a range of custom films for industrial applications, including sheeting, tubing and bags. Bags are drum, box, carton and pail liners that are cut, rolled or perforated. These bags can also be used to package specialty items, such as furniture and mattresses. The company also manufactures films to protect items stored outdoors or in transit, such as boats and cars, and an array of shrink films, barrier films and overwrap films.
The company also manufactures a range of co-extruded films, and custom designed monolayer films designed specifically to service the flexible packaging market. These films are capable of being printed and laminated by third party flexible packaging converters and are used in the food, pharmaceutical, medical businesses, and in various other flexible packaging end users.
This group offers a range of coextruded polyolefin films, and custom designed monolayer films designed specifically to service the flexible packaging market. Its PROformance films are used for food, pharmaceutical, and medical applications and are available in up to five layers for applications requiring strength, clarity, sealability, barrier properties against oxygen or moisture transmission, and breathability for preserving freshness.
Stretch (Pallet) Wrap
The company manufactures a line of stretch film products for both hand wrap and rotary applications, using both monolayer and co-extruded constructions used to wrap pallets of industrial and commercial goods for shipping or storage. The company also markets a variety of pre stretch products designed for commodity and specialty uses.
Polyvinyl Chloride Wrap
The company manufactures specifically formulated in-store and pre-store films with its Resinite line of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) food wrap for the supermarket and industrial markets. The company offers a range of products with approximately 65 different formulations. The companys Griffin, Georgia facility also manufactures dispenser (ZipSafe cutter) boxes containing polyvinyl chloride food wrap for sale to consumers and institutions, including restaurants, schools, hospitals, and penitentiaries. These institutional polyvinyl chloride food wrap products are marketed under several private labels and under its own Seal Wrap name. These stretch and shrink PVC films are used for packaging of fresh red meats, poultry, fish, fruits, vegetables, and bakery products. The company also provides PVC films for windowing, blister packaging and aseptic shrink bundling film in the industrial marketplace.
Printed and Converted Films
The company manufactures six, eight, and ten color printing, solventless lamination, bags, pouches, and wicketed bags. The companys printed and converted films provide printed rollstock to the food and beverage industries and other manufacturing and distributing companies. The company also converts printed rollstock to bags and pouches for use by bakeries, fresh or frozen food processors, manufacturers or other dry goods processors.
Other Products and Specialty Films
The company manufactures unplasticized polyvinyl chloride (UPVC) film for use in battery labels, twist films, credit card laminates, PVC films for sale to retailers for use by consumers, and various film products with agricultural applications, such as mulch films, fumigation films, and sileage films. The company also produces disposable consumer and institutional plastic products for the food service, party supply and school/collegiate markets, marketed under the Sta-Dri brand name. Products produced include table covers and skirts, aisle runners, aprons, bibs, gloves, boots, freezer/storage bags, saddle pack bags, locker wrap, and custom imprint designs.
The company sells its products either directly to customers who are end-users of its products or to distributors, including nation-wide brokers, for resale to end-users.
AEP Industries Inc. was founded in 1970.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. AEP INDUSTRIES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. AEP INDUSTRIES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. AEP INDUSTRIES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. AEP INDUSTRIES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. AEP INDUSTRIES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. AEP Industries Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of AEP Industries Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of AEP Industries Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. AEP Industries Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Packaging and Containers Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. AEP Industries Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. AEP INDUSTRIES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. AEP INDUSTRIES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Consensus
7.2. Experts Revisions
8. AEP INDUSTRIES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. AEP INDUSTRIES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. AEP INDUSTRIES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. AEP INDUSTRIES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF FIGURES
AEP Industries Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
AEP Industries Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
AEP Industries Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
AEP Industries Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
AEP Industries Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
AEP Industries Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
AEP Industries Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
AEP Industries Inc. Key Executives
AEP Industries Inc. Major Shareholders
AEP Industries Inc. History
AEP Industries Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
AEP Industries Inc. Offices and Representations
AEP Industries Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
AEP Industries Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
AEP Industries Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
AEP Industries Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Packaging and Containers Industry Statistics
AEP Industries Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
AEP Industries Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?