- The report contains detailed information about Yamana Gold, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Yamana Gold, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Yamana Gold, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Yamana Gold, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Yamana Gold, Inc. business.
About Yamana Gold, Inc.
Yamana Gold Inc. engages in the acquisition, exploration, development, and operation of gold properties. The company also focuses on copper and silver projects. The company holds gold production, gold development stage, and exploration stage properties, as well as land positions in Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Mexico, and Central America.
The companys portfolio includes 7 operating gold mines, namely Chapada (copper/gold), El Penon (gold/silver), Jacobina, Gualcamayo, Minera Florida (gold/silver/zinc), Fazenda Brasileiro and a 12.5% indirect interest in the Alumbrera mine (copper/gold/molybdenum); and various advanced and near development stage projects and exploration properties in Brazil, Chile, Argentina, Mexico, and Colombia.
Material Mineral Properties
The company controls the Chapada property through a series of mining concessions and exploration permits and claims totaling 17,182 hectares. It controls surface rights in the area of the Chapada deposit and covers the sites for all project buildings and fixed installations, as well as the areas for waste dumps.
El Penon Mine
The El Penon property is located in the Atacama Desert in northern Chile, approximately 165 kilometres southeast of Antofagasta. The company owns 349 individual mining claims comprising the El Penon mine, the Fortuna area and surrounding exploration lands. The company owns 100% interest in El Penon. At the El Penon mine, the company holds all the necessary environmental licenses and permits to operate the mine.
Jacobina Mining Complex
The Jacobina property is located in the state of Bahia in northeastern Brazil approximately 340 kilometres northwest of the city of Salvador. The property consist of 5,996 hectares of mining concessions and 128,209 hectares of granted exploration concessions. The company owns the Jacobina project and exploration projects in the Bahia gold belt. The project is owned through the companys wholly owned subsidiary, Jacobina Mineraçao e Comercio Ltda.
The Gualcamayo property is located in northern San Juan Province, Argentina, approximately 270 kilometres north of the provincial capital of San Juan. The main Gualcamayo block consists of one Cateo and 57 Minas and covers 7,128 hectares.
The Gualcamayo property includes three known deposits, QDD, Amelia Ines and Magdalena. The Gualcamayo property is owned 100% by Minas Argentinas S.A. (MASA), a wholly owned subsidiary of the company.
Minera Florida Mine (Alhue Property)
The Minera Florida Mine (also known as the Alhue Property or the Pedro Valencia Mine) is located within the Coastal Range in the Metropolitan Region of central Chile. The property consists of 166 mineral licences, covering a total area of approximately 15,600 hectares. The property is partly owned and partly leased by Yamana, and the Pedro Valencia Mine is located within the property boundaries. Mining licences in and around the Pedro Valencia Mine area are contained within a rectangular block consisting of 33 licences. The property also includes approximately 133 mineral concessions in a large area around the mining licences. The company has 100% interest in Minera Florida.
Other Producing Mines
Fazenda Brasileiro Mine
The Fazenda Brasileiro property includes a producing gold mine and approximately 197,000 hectares of adjacent exploration properties. It is located in northeast Brazil in the eastern portion of Bahia state, 180 kilometres NNW of the state capital city of Salvador. The Weber Belt consists of 15 contiguous tenements at various stages of the Brazilian tenure process, totalling approximately 12,000 hectares. The remaining area consist of 148 blocks, many of which are contiguous and all at various stages of the tenure process, totalling approximately 184,500 hectares in area. A total of 76,413 ounces of gold were produced from Fazenda Brasileiro during 2009. In 2009, 21,804 metres of drilling was completed in 155 diamond drill holes. The company holds all the necessary environmental licenses to operate the Fazenda Brasileiro mine.
The Alumbrera Mine is an open-pit copper/gold/molybdenum mine at Alumbrer
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. YAMANA GOLD, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. YAMANA GOLD, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. YAMANA GOLD, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. YAMANA GOLD, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. YAMANA GOLD, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Yamana Gold, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Yamana Gold, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Yamana Gold, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Yamana Gold, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Metals & Mining Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Yamana Gold, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. YAMANA GOLD, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. YAMANA GOLD, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. YAMANA GOLD, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. YAMANA GOLD, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. YAMANA GOLD, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. YAMANA GOLD, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Yamana Gold, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Yamana Gold, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Yamana Gold, Inc. Major Shareholders
Yamana Gold, Inc. History
Yamana Gold, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Yamana Gold, Inc. Offices and Representations
Yamana Gold, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yamana Gold, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Yamana Gold, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Yamana Gold, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Metals & Mining Industry Statistics
Yamana Gold, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Yamana Gold, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Yamana Gold, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Yamana Gold, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Yamana Gold, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Yamana Gold, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Yamana Gold, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Yamana Gold, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?