- The report contains detailed information about WHX Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for WHX Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The WHX Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes WHX Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of WHX Corp. business.
About WHX Corp.
WHX Corporation, through its subsidiaries, engages in precious metal, tubing, and engineered materials operations worldwide. The company's subsidiaries include Handy & Harman (H&H) and Bairnco Corporation (Bairnco).
Products and Product Mix
H&H Precious Metal Segment
H&Hs Precious Metal segment fabricates precious metal and their alloys into brazing alloys. H&Hs brazing alloys are used to join similar and dissimilar metals, as well as specialty metals and ceramics with hermetic joints. H&H offers these metal joining products in various alloys, including gold, silver, palladium, copper, nickel, aluminum, and tin. These brazing alloys are fabricated into various engineered forms and are used in various industries, including electrical, appliance, transportation, construction, and general industrial, where dissimilar material and metal-joining applications are required.
H&H Tubing Segment
H&H manufactures various steel tubing products. The Stainless Steel Seamless Tubing Group manufactures small-diameter precision-drawn seamless tubing both in straight lengths and coils. The Stainless Steel Tubing Group serves the petrochemical infrastructure and shipbuilding markets. The Stainless Steel Tubing Group also manufactures products for use in the medical, semiconductor fabrication, aerospace and defense industries. The Specialty Tubing Group manufactures welded carbon steel tubing in coiled and straight lengths with a primary focus on products for the refrigeration, automotive, and heating, ventilation and cooling (HVAC) industries. In addition to producing bulk tubing, the Specialty Tubing Group also produces value added products and assemblies for these industries.
H&H Engineered Materials Segment
The H&H Engineered Materials Segment manufactures and supplies products to the construction and building industries. H&H manufactures fasteners and fastening systems for the U.S. commercial flat roofing industry. Products are sold to building and roofing material wholesalers. The products are also private labeled to roofing system manufacturers. A line of specialty fasteners is produced for the building products industry for fastening applications in log homes, landscaping, masonry, and wood decks. H&H also manufactures plastic and steel fittings and connectors for natural gas and water distribution service lines along with exothermic welding products for electrical grounding, cathodic protection, and lightning protection. In addition, H&H manufactures electro-galvanized and painted cold rolled sheet steel products primarily for the construction, entry door, container, and appliance industries.
Arlon Electronic Materials Segment
Arlon Electronic Materials (Arlon EM) principal products include materials for the printed circuit board industry and silicone rubber-based insulation materials used in a range of industrial, military/aerospace, consumer and commercial markets.
Arlon EM supplies high technology materials to the printed circuit board (PCB) industry. Arlon EM products are marketed principally to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and PCB manufacturers around the world. Arlon EMs conventional laminates product line includes various specialty polyimide and epoxy laminates and bonding films, as well as other thermoset laminates. These materials are used in commercial and military market applications, including high density interconnect, surface mount technology, heat sink bonding, semiconductor testing, wireless communications and microvia PCBs. The microwave and radio frequency product area offers fluoropolymers (polytetrafluorethylene (PTFE)), ceramic-filled fluoropolymers, and other non-PTFE laminates that deliver the electrical performance needed in frequency-dependent circuit applications, such as analog, digital and personal communication systems, high frequency military electronics, microwave antennas and cellular base station electronics. These products are supplied as copper-clad laminates with bonding plies or prepregs for production of multi-layer printed circuits.
Arlon EM also manufactures a line of silicone rubber materials used in a range of military, consumer, industrial and
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. WHX CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. WHX CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. WHX CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. WHX CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. WHX CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. WHX Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of WHX Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of WHX Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. WHX Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Metals & Mining Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. WHX Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. WHX CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. WHX CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. WHX CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. WHX CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. WHX CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. WHX CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
WHX Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
WHX Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
WHX Corp. Major Shareholders
WHX Corp. History
WHX Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
WHX Corp. Offices and Representations
WHX Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
WHX Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
WHX Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
WHX Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Metals & Mining Industry Statistics
WHX Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
WHX Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
WHX Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
WHX Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
WHX Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
WHX Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
WHX Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
WHX Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?