- The report contains detailed information about Walter Energy, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Walter Energy, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Walter Energy, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Walter Energy, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Walter Energy, Inc. business.
About Walter Energy, Inc.
Walter Energy, Inc. produces and exports metallurgical coal for the steel industry primarily in the United States. The company also produces steam coal, coal bed methane gas, metallurgical coke, and other related products. It principally serves electric utility and industrial customers.
The company operates through three principal business segments: Underground Mining, Surface Mining, and Walter Coke.
Underground Mining segment engages in the mining and exporting of hard coking coal for the steel industry. this segment operates through Jim Walter Resources, Inc. (JWR). The company mines coal from Alabama's Blue Creek coal seam. Underground Mining also extracts methane gas, principally from the Blue Creek coal seam. The company's natural gas business represents a commercial program for coal seam degasification in the country.
Included in Underground Mining is the company's natural gas operation. This operation extracts and sells natural gas from the coal seams owned or leased by JWR, primarily through Black Warrior Methane Corp., an equal ownership joint venture with El Paso Production Co., a subsidiary of El Paso Corporation.
Surface Mining segment mines steam coal for sale to industrial and electric utility markets through Taft Coal Sales, Tuscaloosa Resources, and Walter Minerals subsidiaries.
Taft's Choctaw Mine: The Choctaw Mine is located near Parrish in Walker County, Alabama and has an onsite rail facility serviced by Norfolk Southern rail. The Choctaw Mine is a surface mine that primarily produces steam and industrial coal.
TRI's East Brookwood and Highway 59 Mines: TRI's East Brookwood and Highway 59 mines are located in Tuscaloosa County near Brookwood, Alabama. The East Brookwood and Highway 59 mines are surface mines that produce steam and industrial coal.
Walter Coke segment manufactures furnace and foundry coke (metallurgical coke). Foundry coke is marketed to iron pipe plants and foundries producing castings. Furnace coke is primarily sold to the domestic steel industry for producing steel in blast furnaces. Walter Coke delivers product to its customers via rail (onsite rail facility), truck, and barge.
Spin-off and Merger of Financing Segment: On April 17, 2009, the company completed the spin-off of its Financing business and the merger of that business with Hanover Capital Mortgage Holdings, Inc. to create Walter Investment Management Corp. (Walter Investment), which operates as a publicly traded real estate investment trust.
During 2009, the company's hard coking coal shipments were primarily to customers in Europe and South America. Surface Mining segment markets its steam and industrial coal to customers in the United States, generally under long term contracts. The company's customers for steam coal are electric utility and industrial customers.
Walter Energy, Inc. was founded in 1946. The company was formerly known as Walter Industries, Inc. and changed its name to Walter Energy, Inc. in April 2009.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. WALTER ENERGY, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. WALTER ENERGY, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. WALTER ENERGY, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. WALTER ENERGY, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. WALTER ENERGY, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Walter Energy, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Walter Energy, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Walter Energy, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Walter Energy, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Metals & Mining Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Walter Energy, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. WALTER ENERGY, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. WALTER ENERGY, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. WALTER ENERGY, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. WALTER ENERGY, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. WALTER ENERGY, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. WALTER ENERGY, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Walter Energy, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Walter Energy, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Walter Energy, Inc. Major Shareholders
Walter Energy, Inc. History
Walter Energy, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Walter Energy, Inc. Offices and Representations
Walter Energy, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Walter Energy, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Walter Energy, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Walter Energy, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Metals & Mining Industry Statistics
Walter Energy, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Walter Energy, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Walter Energy, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Walter Energy, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Walter Energy, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Walter Energy, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Walter Energy, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Walter Energy, Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?