- The report contains detailed information about Usinas Siderrgicas de Minas Gerais S.A. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Usinas Siderrgicas de Minas Gerais S.A.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Usinas Siderrgicas de Minas Gerais S.A. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Usinas Siderrgicas de Minas Gerais S.A. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Usinas Siderrgicas de Minas Gerais S.A. business.
About Usinas Siderrgicas de Minas Gerais S.A.
Usinas Siderurgicas de Minas Gerais S.A. - USIMINAS operates in the steel industry and carries out related activities in Latin America. The company has activities in mining, steel and iron, production of capital goods, logistics, solutions, and services.
The company and its wholly-owned subsidiary Companhia Siderúrgica Paulista COSIPA produce flat rolled carbon steel in two major steelmaking and finishing plants located in Ipatinga, Minas Gerais (Intendente Câmara Plant) and in Cubatao, Sao Paulo (Jose Bonifacio de Andrada e Silva Plant) for the domestic and foreign markets.
The company has various service and distribution centers in Brazil, in addition to the Cubatao and Praia Mole ports located in the states of Sao Paulo and Espírito Santo, respectively, as strategic ports for the distribution of its production.
Companhia Siderúrgica Paulista Cosipa (Cosipa) - Located in Cubatao, state of São Paulo, Cosipa engages in the production and sale of steel slabs, heavy plates, and hot-rolled and cold-rolled products used in the manufacture of small diameter pipes, home appliances, construction, automobiles, and auto parts.
Usiparts S.A. Sistemas Automotivos (Usiparts) - Located in the city of Pouso Alegre, state of Minas Gerais, Usiparts manufactures and trades steel stamped parts.
Usiminas Mecanica S.A. - UMSA (Usiminas Mecanica) - Located in Ipatinga, state of Minas Gerais, Usiminas Mecanica has as its main activity the manufacturing of equipment and installations used in the following industries: steel production, petroleum, petrochemical, hydroelectric, mining, railroad transport, cement, pulp and paper, parts recovery, rolls, heavy industry cylinders, plate stamping and cutting for serial auto parts, stationary buckets, and environmental control.
Rio Negro Comercio e Indústria de Aço S.A. (Rio Negro) - Located in São Paulo, Rio Negro distributes steel products and also operates as a service center. Rio Negro distributes products and renders services to the company as part of its strategy to supply the market with differentiated products with higher value added, focusing on small and medium-sized customers.
Usimpex Industrial S.A. (Usial) - Located in the state of Espírito Santo, Usial processes and sells steel artifacts.
Unigal Ltda (Unigal) - Located in Belo Horizonte, state of Minas Gerais, Unigal is jointly established by the company and Nippon Steel Corporation, with the purpose of transforming coldrolled coils into galvanized coils via hot dipping, mainly supplied to the automotive industry. Unigals, factory is in Ipatinga, Minas Gerais, with an installed capacity for the galvanization of 480 thousand tons of steel per year.
Fasal S.A. Comercio e Indústria de Produtos Siderúrgicos (Fasal) - Located in Santa Luzia, state of Minas Gerais, Fasal distributes steel products in the retail market and operates as a service center. Fasal distributes products and renders services to the company as part of its strategy to supply the market with differentiated products with higher value added, focusing on small and medium-sized customers.
Usiroll Usiminas Court Tecnologia em Acabamento Superficial Ltda. (Usiroll) - Located in Ipatinga, state of Minas Gerais, Usiroll renders services especially for steel rolls and cylinders.
Ternium S.A. (Ternium) - Located in Luxembourg, Ternium invests in companies that manufacture, process, and distribute long and flat steel, manufacturing raw materials for different industries. Ternium has investments in the following steel companies: Siderar (Argentina), Hylsa (Mexico), and Sidor (Venezuela).
MRS Logística S.A. (MRS) - Located in the city of Rio de Janeiro, MRS provides railroad transport and logistic services in the southeast region of Brazil. The companys holding in MRS represents an investment for optimizing the supply of raw materials and transport of finished products and third party cargo, mainly related to the operation of the companys sea terminals.
In January 2009, the company sold its investment in Minas Industrial Fundo de Investimento Imobiliário.
Usinas Siderurgicas de Minas Gerais S.A. USIMINAS was founded in 1956.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. USINAS SIDERRGICAS DE MINAS GERAIS S.A. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. USINAS SIDERRGICAS DE MINAS GERAIS S.A. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. USINAS SIDERRGICAS DE MINAS GERAIS S.A. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. USINAS SIDERRGICAS DE MINAS GERAIS S.A. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. USINAS SIDERRGICAS DE MINAS GERAIS S.A. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Usinas Siderrgicas de Minas Gerais S.A. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Usinas Siderrgicas de Minas Gerais S.A. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Usinas Siderrgicas de Minas Gerais S.A. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Usinas Siderrgicas de Minas Gerais S.A. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Metals & Mining Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Usinas Siderrgicas de Minas Gerais S.A. Industry Position Analysis
6. USINAS SIDERRGICAS DE MINAS GERAIS S.A. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. USINAS SIDERRGICAS DE MINAS GERAIS S.A. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. USINAS SIDERRGICAS DE MINAS GERAIS S.A. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. BRAZIL PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. USINAS SIDERRGICAS DE MINAS GERAIS S.A. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. USINAS SIDERRGICAS DE MINAS GERAIS S.A. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. USINAS SIDERRGICAS DE MINAS GERAIS S.A. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Usinas Siderrgicas de Minas Gerais S.A. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Usinas Siderrgicas de Minas Gerais S.A. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Usinas Siderrgicas de Minas Gerais S.A. Major Shareholders
Usinas Siderrgicas de Minas Gerais S.A. History
Usinas Siderrgicas de Minas Gerais S.A. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Usinas Siderrgicas de Minas Gerais S.A. Offices and Representations
Usinas Siderrgicas de Minas Gerais S.A. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Usinas Siderrgicas de Minas Gerais S.A. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Usinas Siderrgicas de Minas Gerais S.A. Capital Market Snapshot
Usinas Siderrgicas de Minas Gerais S.A. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Metals & Mining Industry Statistics
Usinas Siderrgicas de Minas Gerais S.A. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Usinas Siderrgicas de Minas Gerais S.A. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Usinas Siderrgicas de Minas Gerais S.A. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Usinas Siderrgicas de Minas Gerais S.A. 1-year Stock Charts
Usinas Siderrgicas de Minas Gerais S.A. 5-year Stock Charts
Usinas Siderrgicas de Minas Gerais S.A. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Usinas Siderrgicas de Minas Gerais S.A. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Usinas Siderrgicas de Minas Gerais S.A. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?