- The report contains detailed information about United States Steel Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for United States Steel Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The United States Steel Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes United States Steel Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of United States Steel Corp. business.
About United States Steel Corp.
United States Steel Corporation, through its subsidiaries, engages in the production and sale of steel products primarily in North America and Europe. The company also engages in other business activities, which are related to steelmaking operations, including the production of coke and iron ore pellets, and transportation services (railroad and barge operations), real estate operations, and engineering consulting services.
The companys segments include Flat-rolled Products (Flat-rolled), U. S. Steel Europe (USSE), and Tubular Products (Tubular).
The Flat-rolled segment includes the operations of its North American integrated steel mills and equity investees involved in the production of slabs, rounds, strip mill plates, sheets, and tin mill products, as well as iron ore and coke production facilities in the United States and Canada. The steel rounds and a portion of the hot-rolled sheets produced by Flat-rolled are supplied to the Tubular segment. These operations primarily serve North American customers in the service center, conversion, transportation (including automotive), construction, container, and appliance and electrical markets. Flat-rolled has annual raw steel production capability of 24.3 million tons
The USSE segment includes the operations of U. S. Steel Kosice (USSK), its integrated steel mill and coke production facilities in Slovakia; U. S. Steel Serbia (USSS), its integrated steel mill and other facilities in Serbia; and equity investees located in Europe. USSE primarily serves customers in the European construction, service center, conversion, container, transportation (including automotive), appliance and electrical, and oil, gas, and petrochemical markets. USSE produces and sells slabs, sheet, strip mill plate, tin mill products, and spiral welded pipe, as well as heating radiators and refractory ceramic materials. USSE has annual raw steel production capability of 7.4 million tons.
The Tubular segment includes the operations of its tubular production facilities, primarily in the United States, and equity investees in the United States and Brazil. These operations produce and sell seamless and electric resistance welded (ERW) steel casing and tubing (known as oil country tubular goods (OCTG)), standard and line pipe, and mechanical tubing; and primarily serve customers in the oil, gas, and petrochemical markets. Tubulars annual production capability is 2.8 million tons.
The companys other businesses include transportation services (railroad and barge operations), real estate operations and engineering consulting services.
FACILITIES AND LOCATIONS
The Flat-rolled segment includes facilities, such as Gary Works, Great Lakes Works, Mon Valley Works, Granite City Works, Lake Erie Works, Fairfield Works, and Hamilton Works. The segment also includes coke and iron ore pellet operations and equity investees in North America.
Gary Works, located in Gary, Indiana, has annual raw steel production capability of 7.5 million tons. Gary Works has three coke batteries, four blast furnaces, six steelmaking vessels, a vacuum degassing unit, and four continuous slab casters. Gary Works generally consumes all the coke it produces and sells coke by-products. Principal products include hot-rolled, cold-rolled and coated sheets, and tin mill products. Gary Works also produces strip mill plate. The Midwest Plant and East Chicago Tin are operated as part of Gary Works.
The Midwest Plant, located in Portage, Indiana, processes hot-rolled bands and produces tin mill products and hot dip galvanized, cold-rolled and electrical lamination sheets. Midwest facilities include a pickling line, two cold reduction mills, two temper mills, a double cold reduction mill, two annealing facilities, two hot dip galvanizing lines, a tin coating line, and a tin-free steel line.
East Chicago Tin is located in East Chicago, Indiana and produces tin mill products. Facilities include a pickling line, a cold reduction mill, two annealing facilities, a temper mill, a tin coating line, and a tin-free steel line.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. UNITED STATES STEEL CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. UNITED STATES STEEL CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. UNITED STATES STEEL CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. UNITED STATES STEEL CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. UNITED STATES STEEL CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. United States Steel Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of United States Steel Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of United States Steel Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. United States Steel Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Metals & Mining Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. United States Steel Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. UNITED STATES STEEL CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. UNITED STATES STEEL CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. UNITED STATES STEEL CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. UNITED STATES STEEL CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. UNITED STATES STEEL CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. UNITED STATES STEEL CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
United States Steel Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
United States Steel Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
United States Steel Corp. Major Shareholders
United States Steel Corp. History
United States Steel Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
United States Steel Corp. Offices and Representations
United States Steel Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
United States Steel Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
United States Steel Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
United States Steel Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Metals & Mining Industry Statistics
United States Steel Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
United States Steel Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
United States Steel Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
United States Steel Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
United States Steel Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
United States Steel Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
United States Steel Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
United States Steel Corp. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?