- The report contains detailed information about United Company RUSAL Plc that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for United Company RUSAL Plc. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The United Company RUSAL Plc financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes United Company RUSAL Plc competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of United Company RUSAL Plc business.
About United Company RUSAL Plc
United Company RUSAL Limited engages in the production and sale of primary aluminium, including alloys and value-added products, such as aluminium sheet ingot and aluminium billet.
The companys operations are divided into the following four business divisions: Aluminium; Alumina; Engineering and Construction; and Packaging.
The company operates 16 aluminium smelters. The aluminium smelting assets of the company are located in 4 countries: the Russian Federation (13 plants), Ukraine (1 plant), Sweden (1 plant), and Nigeria (1 plant). 3 of the companys smelters each produce approximately 500 thousand tonnes of primary aluminium per annum. Two of these, the Bratsk aluminium smelter and the Krasnoyarsk aluminium smelter, located in Siberia, each produces approximately 1 million tonnes of primary aluminium per annum.
In addition to the production of primary aluminium, the company also has facilities for the production of other aluminium products, including aluminium powder, silicon and secondary aluminium and it produces other materials related to aluminium production. The company has 2 cryolite plants and 1 cathode plant, which produce essential materials for the aluminium production process. The company also has various anode production facilities, which are integrated with certain aluminium smelters. Its cathode plant located in China, Shanxi RUSAL Cathode Co. Ltd., has a capacity for production of cathode blocks of approximately 15 thousand tonnes per annum. It also has 3 aluminium powder metallurgy plants; 3 silicon smelters; and 3 secondary aluminium plants in China.
The Alumina Division comprises both the alumina refineries involved in alumina production and the mining assets of the company. The company has 13 alumina refineries. The alumina refineries of the company are located in six countries: Ireland (1 plant), Jamaica (2 plants), Ukraine (2 plants), Italy (1 plant), the Russian Federation (4 plants), and Guinea (1 plant). In addition, it holds a 20% equity stake in Queensland Alumina Limited, an alumina refinery.
The companys mining assets comprise 16 mines and mine complexes, including 8 bauxite mines located in Russia, Jamaica, Guinea, and Guyana, 2 quartzite mines in Russia and Ukraine, 1 fluorite mine in Russia, 2 coal mines in Kazakhstan, 1 nepheline syenite mine in Russia, and 2 limestone mines. The company jointly operates 2 coal mines with Samruk-Kazyna under a 50/50 joint venture, LLP Bogatyr Komir.
Engineering and Construction Division
The Engineering and Construction divisions operations include research and development activities and development of advanced aluminium and alumina production technologies; implementation of complex engineering and construction projects with an Engineering, Procurement, Construction, and Management (EPCM) approach; and maintenance, repair and replacement of process equipment at its facilities. This division performs a range of activities related to execution, including detailed design documentation, purchase of equipment, and services construction and equipment installation management, commissioning and start-up activities, and production ramp-up.
The company has three aluminium foil mills. The Sayanal and Urals foil facilities are located in the Russian Federation, and ARMENAL is located in Armenia. The company produces aluminium foil with thicknesses ranging from 7 to 240 micron, 3003 aluminium alloy strap, aluminium ingots, and a range of alufoil-based flexible packaging and household products. The company exports its downstream products to 46 countries on five continents and delivers them to 40 regions of the Russian Federation.
The company markets and sells its products primarily in the European, Japanese/Korean, south east Asian and North American markets, and it has established offices in China, Japan, and the United States.
In December 2008, the company established a 50/50 joint venture with Samruk-Kazyna to jointly operate Bogatyr, an open-cast coal mines, and Severny mine, in the Ekibastuz coal basin.
The company holds approximately 25% stake in Norilsk Nickel, which produces nickel and palladium. It also produces various by-products, such as cobalt, chromium, rhodium, silver, gold, iridium, ruthenium, selenium, tellurium, and sulphur.
The company and RusHydro, a company controlled by the Russian Government, have entered into a cooperation agreement to jointly construct the Boguchanskoye Energy and Metals Complex (BEMO). The BEMO project is ultimately intended to comprise the construction of the 3,000 MW Boguchanskaya hydropower plant (Boguchanskaya HPP) on the Angara River and the approximately 588 thousand tonnes per annum Boguchansky aluminium smelter eight kilometers southeast of Tayozhniy, in the Krasnoyarsk region.
The companys principal competitors are other international aluminium producers, including Alcoa, Rio Tinto, Chalco, Norsk Hydro, Hindalco, and BHP Billiton.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. UNITED COMPANY RUSAL PLC COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. UNITED COMPANY RUSAL PLC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. UNITED COMPANY RUSAL PLC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. UNITED COMPANY RUSAL PLC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. UNITED COMPANY RUSAL PLC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. United Company RUSAL Plc Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of United Company RUSAL Plc and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of United Company RUSAL Plc and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. United Company RUSAL Plc Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Metals & Mining Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. United Company RUSAL Plc Industry Position Analysis
6. UNITED COMPANY RUSAL PLC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. UNITED COMPANY RUSAL PLC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. UNITED COMPANY RUSAL PLC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. RUSSIA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. UNITED COMPANY RUSAL PLC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. UNITED COMPANY RUSAL PLC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. UNITED COMPANY RUSAL PLC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
United Company RUSAL Plc Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
United Company RUSAL Plc Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
United Company RUSAL Plc Major Shareholders
United Company RUSAL Plc History
United Company RUSAL Plc Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
United Company RUSAL Plc Offices and Representations
United Company RUSAL Plc SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
United Company RUSAL Plc Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
United Company RUSAL Plc Capital Market Snapshot
United Company RUSAL Plc Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Metals & Mining Industry Statistics
United Company RUSAL Plc Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
United Company RUSAL Plc Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
United Company RUSAL Plc Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
United Company RUSAL Plc 1-year Stock Charts
United Company RUSAL Plc 5-year Stock Charts
United Company RUSAL Plc vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
United Company RUSAL Plc vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
United Company RUSAL Plc Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?