- The report contains detailed information about Ternium Siderar that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Ternium Siderar. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Ternium Siderar financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Ternium Siderar competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Ternium Siderar business.
About Ternium Siderar
Siderar S.A.I.C. operates as a steel company in Argentina. The company manufactures hot rolled, cold rolled, hot dip galvanized, electrogalvanized, prepainted and tinplate steel sheet products. It has five manufacturing centres in the province of Buenos Aires (San Nicolas, Ensenada, Haedo, Florencio Varela, and Canning). The company has its own network of points of sale throughout Argentina.
The company has three segments: Uncoated Steel Sheet products segment, Coated steel sheet products segment, and other segment.
The Uncoated Steel Sheet products segment includes cold and hot rolled sheet; Coated steel sheet products segment concentrates mainly galvanized, electrogalvanized, pre-painted, zincalum and tinplate; and the Other segment mainly includes slabs, pig-iron and overrolling.
Products and Services
Slabs: The company produces continuous casting slabs, which meet the internal cleanness and surface quality requirements for the rolling process and for the production of flat steel products for different applications, including Tinplate, HSLA, API tubes, and Drawing Steels.
Hot Rolled Steel: Siderar supplies hot rolled flat steel products that meet the requirements of different markets. Siderar produces various steel grades suitable for general uses, as well as for welded tubes, and for construction, automotive, and agricultural industry and others.
Cold Rolled Steels: The company supplies cold rolled steel products that are used by the construction industry, automotive industry, home appliances, electrical industry and others.
Tinplate: Siderar provides coated steel products with tin, applied by means of electrolytic process. It is mainly used for manufacturing packages and cans for different products, specially for food, aerosols and paints.
Hot Dip Galvanized and Cincalum Steel: The company produces corrosion resistant steel coated with cleanness Zinc (Galvanized) or with Aluminium 55%-Zinc 45% alloy (Cincalum), by the hot dip process, for the construction, automotive, and home appliances industries.
Electrogalvanized Steel: Siderar produces cold rolled steel coated with a thin Zinc layer applied by electro deposition, to increase corrosion resistance. These products are used by the automotive and home appliance industries.
Prepainted Steel: The company supplies prepainted products, coil coated on galvanized and electro galvanized steel substrates, for uses in the construction and home appliance industries.
Rolled formed Steel: Siderar supplies rolled formed steel starting from hot dip galvanized, cincalum and coil coated ones. These products are used for manufacturing of metallic roofing, panels, claddings and all types of pieces/products for the construction industry.
Road Engineering Products: The company supplies rolled formed pieces, manufactured with hot dip galvanized steel, for guard rail (semi-rigid highway security system) and corrugated pipes for sewers, drains and others similar uses.
Investments in Other Companies
Comesi San Luis S.A.I.C.: The company holds a 99% equity interest in Comesi San Luis S.A.I.C. Comesi San Luis S.A.I.C. produces cold and/or hot-rolled plates, whether coated or not, shaped and/or skelped.
Inversiones Basilea S.A.: The company has a shareholding of 99.9999% in Inversiones Basilea S.A. The corporate purpose of Inversiones Basilea S.A. is the purchase and sale and investment in all type of movable assets and property, holdings in companies of any nature and purpose, investment in all its forms, administration of the assets in which it invests.
Companía Afianzadora de Empresas Siderúrgicas S.G.R.: The company has a 38.8893% interest in the capital stock of Compania Afianzadora de Empresas Siderúrgicas S.G.R. in its capacity as protecting partner. The main purpose of this company is to grant guarantees to participating partners to facilitate or enable their access to the bank credit line for the purchase of national steel raw material and to provide technical, economic and financial advice to them.
Hylsamex S.A. de C.V. (Hylsamex): The company, as of August 22, 2005, together with its 100%-controlled company Inversiones Basilea S.A. (Basilea) and Industrial Investments, Inc. (I.I.I.), completed the acquisition of Mexican steel manufacturer Hylsamex S.A. de C.V. (Hylsamex). Hylsamex has industrial facilities in the cities of Monterrey and Puebla, Mexico. Its activities include from mining to the production of high value added products.
Information Systems and Technologies N.V.: The company, as of March 19, 2001, acquired 25% of the shares of Information Systems and Technologies N.V.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. TERNIUM SIDERAR COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. TERNIUM SIDERAR BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. TERNIUM SIDERAR SWOT ANALYSIS
4. TERNIUM SIDERAR FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. TERNIUM SIDERAR COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Ternium Siderar Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Ternium Siderar and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Ternium Siderar and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Ternium Siderar Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Metals & Mining Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Ternium Siderar Industry Position Analysis
6. TERNIUM SIDERAR NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. TERNIUM SIDERAR EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. TERNIUM SIDERAR ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. ARGENTINA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. TERNIUM SIDERAR IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. TERNIUM SIDERAR PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. TERNIUM SIDERAR VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Ternium Siderar Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Ternium Siderar Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Ternium Siderar Major Shareholders
Ternium Siderar History
Ternium Siderar Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Ternium Siderar Offices and Representations
Ternium Siderar SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Ternium Siderar Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Ternium Siderar Capital Market Snapshot
Ternium Siderar Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Metals & Mining Industry Statistics
Ternium Siderar Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Ternium Siderar Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Ternium Siderar Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Ternium Siderar 1-year Stock Charts
Ternium Siderar 5-year Stock Charts
Ternium Siderar vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Ternium Siderar vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Ternium Siderar Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?