- The report contains detailed information about Ternium S.A. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Ternium S.A.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Ternium S.A. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Ternium S.A. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Ternium S.A. business.
About Ternium S.A.
Ternium S.A. engages in the manufacture and processing of flat and long steel products for construction, home appliances, capital goods, container, food, energy, and automotive industries. The company is a subsidiary of San Faustin N.V.
The company produces and distributes a range of semi-finished and finished steel products, including value-added steel products, such as tinplate, cold rolled coils and sheets, galvanized and electrogalvanized sheets, pre-painted sheets, welded pipes, hot rolled pickled and annealed and tailor-made flat products. It also produces long steel products, such as bars and wire rod. The company primarily sells its steel products in the regional markets of the Americas.
The Ternium companies produce mainly finished and semi-finished flat and long steel products which are sold either directly to steel processors or to end-users, after different value-adding processes. Flat steel products include hot rolled coils and sheets, cold rolled coils and sheets, tin plate, hot dipped galvanized and electrogalvanized sheets and pre-painted sheets. Galvanized and pre-painted sheets can be further processed into various corrugated sheets, trapezoidal sheets, corrugated and galvanized steel guard rails and drains and other tailor-made products to serve its customers requirements. Long steel products include billets (steel in its basic, semi-finished state), wire rod and bars.
Flat steel products
Slabs: Slabs are semi-finished steel forms with dimensions suitable for its processing into hot-rolled flat products.
Hot-Rolled Flat Products: Hot-rolled flat products are used by various industrial consumers in applications, such as the manufacturing of wheels, auto parts, pipes, gas cylinders, and containers. They are also directly used for the construction of buildings, bridges and railroad cars, and for the chassis of trucks and automobiles. Hot-rolled products can be supplied as coils or as sheets cut to a specific length. These products also serve as inputs for the production of cold-rolled products.
Cold-Rolled Products: Cold-rolled products are applied mainly to the automotive, home appliance and capital goods industries, as well as to galvanizers, drummers, distributors and service centers. Cold-rolled coils are sold as coils or cut into sheets or blanks to meet customers needs. These products also serve as inputs for the production of coated products.
Tin Plate and Tin Free: Tin plate and tin free are produced by coating cold-rolled coils with a layer of tin and thin chrome, respectively, that is attached by an electroplating continuous process.
Hot Dipped Galvanized and Pre-Painted Sheets: Hot dipped galvanized sheets are produced by adding a layer of zinc to cold-rolled coils, which are afterwards cut into sheets. Galvanized sheets can also be pre-painted, resulting in a product that is mainly sold to the construction industry for building coverings, manufacturing of ceiling systems, panels, air conditioning ducts and various other uses.
Electrogalvanized and Pre-Painted Sheets: Electro-galvanized and pre-painted sheets are sold mainly to customers in the automotive and home appliance industries. Electro-galvanized and pre-painted sheets are produced from cold-rolled coils by adding a layer of zinc that is attached by an electroplating continuous process, in one or both sides. The electro-galvanized coils are cut and sold either as sheets or are further processed with a color coating to produce pre-painted sheets.
Steel Pipes and Tubular Products: Products included are tubes for general use, structural tubes, tubes for mechanical applications, conduction tubes, conduction electrical tubes and oil tubes. These products, uncoated or galvanized, have applications in various sectors, including home accessories, furniture, scaffolding, automotive, bicycles, hospital equipment, posts for wire mesh garden and poultry tools, handrails, guard-rails, agricultural machinery, industrial equipment, conduction of water, air, gas, oil, high-pressure liquids and special fluids and internal building electrical installations.
Beams: Obtained by roll forming of steel strips, inc
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. TERNIUM S.A. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. TERNIUM S.A. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. TERNIUM S.A. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. TERNIUM S.A. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. TERNIUM S.A. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Ternium S.A. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Ternium S.A. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Ternium S.A. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Ternium S.A. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Metals & Mining Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Ternium S.A. Industry Position Analysis
6. TERNIUM S.A. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. TERNIUM S.A. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. TERNIUM S.A. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. LUXEMBOURG PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. TERNIUM S.A. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. TERNIUM S.A. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. TERNIUM S.A. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Ternium S.A. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Ternium S.A. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Ternium S.A. Major Shareholders
Ternium S.A. History
Ternium S.A. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Ternium S.A. Offices and Representations
Ternium S.A. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Ternium S.A. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Ternium S.A. Capital Market Snapshot
Ternium S.A. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Metals & Mining Industry Statistics
Ternium S.A. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Ternium S.A. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Ternium S.A. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Ternium S.A. 1-year Stock Charts
Ternium S.A. 5-year Stock Charts
Ternium S.A. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Ternium S.A. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Ternium S.A. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?