- The report contains detailed information about Teck Resources Limited that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Teck Resources Limited. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Teck Resources Limited financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Teck Resources Limited competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Teck Resources Limited business.
About Teck Resources Limited
Teck Resources Limited engages in the exploration for, and the development and production of, natural resources.
The companys principal products are copper concentrate and copper cathode, metallurgical coal, and zinc concentrate and refined zinc. The molybdenum and lead are produced at its copper operations and zinc operations, respectively. Other products include gold, silver, various specialty metals, chemicals, and fertilizers. The company also has a 20% interest in the Fort Hills Energy Limited Partnership, which is developing the Fort Hills oil sands project in Alberta, and a 50% interest in certain other oil sands leases in Alberta at various stages of exploration.
Copper: The company produces both copper concentrates and cathode copper. Its principal market for copper concentrates is Asia. It also sells in the Europe and North America.
Zinc: The companys principal markets for zinc concentrates are Asia and Europe. Its principal markets for refined zinc are North America and Asia. Refined zinc produced at Trail is distributed to customers in North America by rail and/or truck and to customers in Asia by ship.
Metallurgical Coal: The companys principal markets for metallurgical coal are the hard coking coal markets in Asia, Europe, and the Americas.
Antamina Mine, Peru (Copper, Zinc): The company owns indirectly 22.5% of the Antamina copper, zinc mine in Peru, with the balance held indirectly by BHP Billiton (33.75%), Xstrata plc (33.75%), and Mitsubishi Corporation (10%). The Antamina property consists of various mining concessions and mining claims (including surface rights) covering an area of approximately 14,000 hectares.
Highland Valley Copper Mine, Canada (Copper): The company has an aggregate 97.5% partnership interest in the Highland Valley Copper mine located near Kamloops, British Columbia. Highland Valleys primary product is copper concentrate but it is also a producer of molybdenum in concentrate. The mine covers a surface area of approximately 34,000 hectares and HVC holds the surface rights to that area pursuant to various leases, claims and licenses.
Quebrada Blanca Mine, Chile (Copper): The Quebrada Blanca mine is owned by a Chilean private company, Compañía Minera Quebrada Blanca S.A. (CMQB). The company owns 90% of the Series A shares of CMQB. CMQB owns the exploitation and/or exploration rights over an area of approximately 80 square kilometers in the immediate area of the Quebrada Blanca deposit pursuant to various mining concessions and other rights. In addition, CMQB owns surface rights covering the mine site and other areas aggregating approximately 3,150 hectares, as well as certain other exploration rights in the surrounding area and certain water rights. The Quebrada Blanca mine is located in northern Chile approximately 240 kilometers southeast of the port city of Iquique and 1,500 kilometers north of the city of Santiago, the capital of Chile.
Andacollo Mine, Chile (Copper): The Andacollo property is owned by a Chilean private company, Compañía Minera Carmen de Andacollo (CDA). The company owns 100% of the Series A shares of CDA. CDA owns the exploitation and/or exploration rights over an area of approximately 206 square kilometers in the area of the Andacollo supergene and hypogene deposits pursuant to various mining concessions and other rights. In addition, CDA owns the surface rights covering the mine site and other areas aggregating approximately 21 square kilometers, as well as certain water rights.
Duck Pond Mine: The company holds a 100% interest in the Duck Pond copper-zinc property located in central Newfoundland. The Duck Pond property is located in central Newfoundland approximately 100 km southwest of the city of Grand Falls-Windsor. The property covers 12,847 hectares and is held under various mining and surface leases, mineral licenses and contractual mining rights. The Duck Pond deposit is a relatively flat-lying Cambrian-age, volcanogenic massive sulphide (VMS) lens enriched in copper and zinc with lesser lead, silver, and gold.
Relincho, Chile: In August 2008, the company acqu
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. TECK RESOURCES LIMITED COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. TECK RESOURCES LIMITED BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. TECK RESOURCES LIMITED SWOT ANALYSIS
4. TECK RESOURCES LIMITED FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. TECK RESOURCES LIMITED COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Teck Resources Limited Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Teck Resources Limited and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Teck Resources Limited and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Teck Resources Limited Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Metals & Mining Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Teck Resources Limited Industry Position Analysis
6. TECK RESOURCES LIMITED NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. TECK RESOURCES LIMITED EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. TECK RESOURCES LIMITED ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. TECK RESOURCES LIMITED IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. TECK RESOURCES LIMITED PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. TECK RESOURCES LIMITED VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Teck Resources Limited Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Teck Resources Limited Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Teck Resources Limited Major Shareholders
Teck Resources Limited History
Teck Resources Limited Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Teck Resources Limited Offices and Representations
Teck Resources Limited SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Teck Resources Limited Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Teck Resources Limited Capital Market Snapshot
Teck Resources Limited Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Metals & Mining Industry Statistics
Teck Resources Limited Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Teck Resources Limited Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Teck Resources Limited Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Teck Resources Limited 1-year Stock Charts
Teck Resources Limited 5-year Stock Charts
Teck Resources Limited vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Teck Resources Limited vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Teck Resources Limited Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?