- The report contains detailed information about Stillwater Mining Co. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Stillwater Mining Co.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Stillwater Mining Co. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Stillwater Mining Co. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Stillwater Mining Co. business.
About Stillwater Mining Co.
Stillwater Mining Company engages in the development, extraction, processing, refining, and marketing of palladium, platinum, and associated metals (platinum group metals or PGMs) from a geological formation in south central Montana known as the J-M Reef and from the recycling of spent catalytic converters.
The company conducts mining operations at the Stillwater Mine near Nye, Montana and at the East Boulder Mine near Big Timber, Montana. Ore extraction at both mines takes place within the J-M Reef. The company operates concentrating plants at each mining operation to upgrade the mined production into a concentrate form. The company operates a smelter and base metal refinery at Columbus, Montana which further upgrades the mined concentrates into a PGM-rich filter cake. The filter cake is shipped to third-party custom refiners for final refining before being sold to third parties.
The company conducts underground mining operations at its wholly-owned Stillwater Mine, near Nye, Montana. The Stillwater Mine facility accesses, extracts and processes PGM ores from the eastern portion of the J-M Reef using mine openings located in the Stillwater Valley. In addition, the company owns and maintains ancillary buildings that contain the concentrator, shop and warehouse, changing facilities, headframe, hoist house, paste plant, water treatment, storage facilities, and office. All surface structures and tailings management facilities are located within the 2,450 acre Stillwater Mine Operating Permit area. Ore reserves developed at the Stillwater Mine are controlled by patented mining claims either leased or owned outright by the company. The mine is located approximately 85 miles southwest of Billings, Montana, and is accessed by a paved road. The Stillwater Mine accesses and has developed a 5.9-mile-long underground segment of the J-M Reef, between the elevations of 2,000 and 7,300 feet above sea level.
East Boulder Mine
The East Boulder Mine is located in Sweet Grass County, Montana, approximately 32 miles southeast of the town of Big Timber and is accessed by a public road. The East Boulder Mine is fully permitted independently of the Stillwater Mine and comprises a second distinct mining operation accessing the western portion of the J-M Reef. The mine consists of underground mine development and surface support facilities, including a concentrator, shop and warehouse, changing facilities, storage facilities, office and tailings management facility. All mine facilities are wholly owned and operated by the company. All surface facilities, including the tailings management complex, are located within a 977-acre operating permit area.
As of December 31, 2009, the company had proven and probable ore reserves of approximately 41.0 million tons with an average grade of 0.50 ounce of PGMs per ton containing approximately 20.6 million ounces of palladium and platinum at an in-situ ratio of approximately 3.57 parts palladium to one part platinum.
The company has a sales agreement with Ford Motor Company covering a portion of production from the mines.
Stillwater Mining Company was founded in 1992.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. STILLWATER MINING CO. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. STILLWATER MINING CO. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. STILLWATER MINING CO. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. STILLWATER MINING CO. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. STILLWATER MINING CO. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Stillwater Mining Co. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Stillwater Mining Co. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Stillwater Mining Co. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Stillwater Mining Co. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Metals & Mining Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Stillwater Mining Co. Industry Position Analysis
6. STILLWATER MINING CO. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. STILLWATER MINING CO. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. STILLWATER MINING CO. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. STILLWATER MINING CO. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. STILLWATER MINING CO. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. STILLWATER MINING CO. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Stillwater Mining Co. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Stillwater Mining Co. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Stillwater Mining Co. Major Shareholders
Stillwater Mining Co. History
Stillwater Mining Co. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Stillwater Mining Co. Offices and Representations
Stillwater Mining Co. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Stillwater Mining Co. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Stillwater Mining Co. Capital Market Snapshot
Stillwater Mining Co. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Metals & Mining Industry Statistics
Stillwater Mining Co. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Stillwater Mining Co. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Stillwater Mining Co. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Stillwater Mining Co. 1-year Stock Charts
Stillwater Mining Co. 5-year Stock Charts
Stillwater Mining Co. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Stillwater Mining Co. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Stillwater Mining Co. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?