- The report contains detailed information about Steel Dynamics Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Steel Dynamics Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Steel Dynamics Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Steel Dynamics Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Steel Dynamics Inc. business.
About Steel Dynamics Inc.
Steel Dynamics, Inc. is a steel producer and metals recycler in the United States. The company has an annual steelmaking capability of 6.3 million tons.
The companys operations are managed in three segments: Steel operations, Metals recycling and ferrous resources operations, and Steel fabrication operations.
Steel Operations segment
Steel operations consist of the companys five electric-arc furnace mini-mills, producing steel from steel scrap, utilizing continuous casting, automated rolling mills, and various downstream finishing facilities, including The Techs operations. Collectively, its steel operations sell directly to end users and service centers. These products are used in various industry sectors, including the automotive, construction, commercial, transportation, and industrial machinery markets.
Sheet Products: The companys Flat Roll Division sells a range of sheet steel products, such as hot rolled, cold rolled and coated steel products, including a variety of specialty products, such as light gauge hot rolled, galvanized, Galvalume and painted products. The Techs operations comprised of three galvanizing lines also sells specialized galvanized sheet steels used in non-automotive applications.
Long Products: The companys Structural and Rail Division sells structural steel beams and pilings and is also designed to produce and sell various standard and premium-grade rail for the railroad industry. The companys Roanoke Bar Division sells billets and merchant steel products, including angles, plain rounds, flats and channels. Steel of west Virginia primarily sells merchant beams, channels and specialty structural steel sections.
Metals Recycling and Ferrous Resources Operations segment
This segment includes metals recycling operations, liquid pig iron manufacturing facility, and iron nugget manufacturing start-up facility.
Metals Recycling: The companys metals recycling operations sell ferrous metals to steel mills and foundries, and nonferrous metals, such as copper, brass, aluminum and stainless steel to ingot manufacturers, copper refineries and mills, smelters, and specialty mills.
Ferrous Resources: The companys ferrous resource operations consist of the activities associated with its scrap substitute manufacturing facility, Iron Dynamics (IDI) and Mesabi Nugget and Mesabi Mining. IDI primarily produces liquid pig iron, which is used as a scrap substitute raw material input at its Flat Roll Division.
Steel Fabrication Operations segment
The companys Steel fabrication operations include three operating plants located in the midwest and southeastern parts of the United States.
The companys steel sheet products are produced by both its Flat Roll Division which consists of its flat roll mill, galvanizing and paint facilities in Butler, Indiana; its galvanizing and paint facilities in Jeffersonville, Indiana; and The Techs its Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based galvanizing company, which operates three galvanizing facilities: GalvTech, MetalTech, and NexTech. The companys flat roll mill manufactures flat rolled, hot rolled, cold rolled and coated steel products.
Customers: During 2009, the company sold its flat rolled products to approximately 400 customers. Its major customer was Heidtman Steel Products, Inc.
Competition: The companys Flat Roll Division's products compete with North American integrated hot rolled coil producers, such as the U.S. Steel's plants near Detroit, Michigan, Granite City, Illinois, Gary, Indiana, Dravosburg, Pennsylvania, and Fairfield, Alabama; AK Steel Corporation's plant in Middletown, Ohio; and Mittal Steel's facilities in East Chicago, Illinois, Riverdale, Illinois, Cleveland, Ohio, Indiana Harbor, Indiana, Burns Harbor, Indiana, and Sparrow's Point, Maryland. The companys hot rolled products also compete with the products of hot rolled mini-mills, such as Nucor Corporation's plants in Crawfordsville, Indiana, Hickman, Arkansas, Decatur, Alabama, and Berkeley, South Carolina; Gallatin Steel Company's plant in Ghent, Kentucky; and North Star Bluescope Steel's plant in Delta, Ohio.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. STEEL DYNAMICS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. STEEL DYNAMICS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. STEEL DYNAMICS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. STEEL DYNAMICS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. STEEL DYNAMICS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Steel Dynamics Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Steel Dynamics Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Steel Dynamics Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Steel Dynamics Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Metals & Mining Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Steel Dynamics Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. STEEL DYNAMICS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. STEEL DYNAMICS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. STEEL DYNAMICS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. STEEL DYNAMICS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. STEEL DYNAMICS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. STEEL DYNAMICS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Steel Dynamics Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Steel Dynamics Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Steel Dynamics Inc. Major Shareholders
Steel Dynamics Inc. History
Steel Dynamics Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Steel Dynamics Inc. Offices and Representations
Steel Dynamics Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Steel Dynamics Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Steel Dynamics Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Steel Dynamics Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Metals & Mining Industry Statistics
Steel Dynamics Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Steel Dynamics Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Steel Dynamics Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Steel Dynamics Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Steel Dynamics Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Steel Dynamics Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Steel Dynamics Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Steel Dynamics Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?