- The report contains detailed information about Steel Authority of India Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Steel Authority of India Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Steel Authority of India Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Steel Authority of India Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Steel Authority of India Ltd. business.
About Steel Authority of India Ltd.
Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) operates as a steel-making company in India. The company produces both basic and special steels for domestic construction, engineering, power, railway, automotive, and defense industries.
Products and Services
The company manufactures and sells a range of steel products, including hot and cold rolled sheets and coils, galvanized sheets, electrical sheets, structurals, railway products, plates, bars and rods, stainless steel, and other alloy steels. The company produces iron and steel at five integrated plants and three special steel plants, located principally in the eastern and central regions of India.
The companys long and flat steel products are offered in the domestic, as well as the international markets. This is carried out by the companys Central Marketing Organisation (CMO) that transacts business through its network of 37 branch sales offices spread across the four regions, 65 warehouses, and 26 customer contact offices.
The companys International Trade Division (ITD), in New Delhi undertakes exports of Mild Steel products and Pig Iron from SAILs five integrated steel plants. SAIL's Consultancy Division at New Delhi offers services and consultancy to clients world-wide.
The companys steel plants include Bhilai Steel Plant in Chhattisgarh, Durgapur Steel Plant in West Bengal, Rourkela Steel Plant in Orissa, Bokaro Steel Plant in Jharkhand, IISCO Steel Plant in West Bengal, Alloy Steels Plants in West Bengal, Salem Steel Plant in Tamil Nadu, and Visvesvaraya Iron and Steel Plant in Karnataka.
NTPC SAIL Power Company Pvt. Ltd (NSPCL): NSPCL is a 50:50 joint venture between Steel Authority of India Ltd. (SAIL) and National Thermal Power Corporation Ltd. It manages the captive power plants at Rourkela, Durgapur, and Bhilai with a combined capacity of 314 megawatts (MW). It has an additional capacity of 500 MW (2 x 250 MW Units) power plant at Bhilai.
Bokaro Power Supply Company Pvt. Limited (BPSCL): BPSCL is a 50:50 joint venture between SAIL and the Damodar Valley Corporation, which manages the 302-MW power generating station and 660 tonnes per hour steam generation facilities at Bokaro Steel Plant.
Mjunction Services Limited: Mjunction Services Limited is a joint venture between SAIL and Tata Steel on 50:50 basis. This company promotes e-commerce activities in steel and related areas. Its new added services include e-assets sales, events and conferences, coal sales and logistics, and publications.
SAIL-Bansal Service Center Ltd.: The company has formed a joint venture with BMW industries Ltd. on 40:60 basis to promote a service centre at Bokaro.
Bhilai JP Cement Ltd: The company has incorporated a joint venture company with Jaiprakash Associates Ltd to set up a 2.2 MT slag based cement plant at Bhilai.
Bokaro JP Cement Ltd: The company has incorporated another joint venture company with Jaiprakash Associates Ltd to set up a 2.1 MT cement plant at Bokaro.
SAIL & MOIL Ferro Alloys (Pvt.) Limited: The company has incorporated a joint venture company with Manganese Ore (India) Ltd to set up ferro-manganese and silico-manganese plants at Nandini / Bhilai, of 1.0 lakh tonne capacity.
S&T Mining Company Pvt. Ltd: The company has incorporated a joint venture company with TATA Steel for acquisition & development of coal blocks/mines.
International Coal Ventures Private Limited: International Coal Ventures Private Limited is a joint venture company comprising five central PSU companies: SAIL, Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited (RINL), Coal India Limited (CIL), NTPC Limited, and NMDC Limited.
In November 2009, the company and NMDC Limited have agreed to jointly mine limestone in Himachal Pradesh, India.
Steel Authority of India Limited was founded in 1954.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. STEEL AUTHORITY OF INDIA LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. STEEL AUTHORITY OF INDIA LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. STEEL AUTHORITY OF INDIA LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. STEEL AUTHORITY OF INDIA LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. STEEL AUTHORITY OF INDIA LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Steel Authority of India Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Steel Authority of India Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Steel Authority of India Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Steel Authority of India Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Metals & Mining Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Steel Authority of India Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. STEEL AUTHORITY OF INDIA LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. STEEL AUTHORITY OF INDIA LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. STEEL AUTHORITY OF INDIA LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. INDIA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. STEEL AUTHORITY OF INDIA LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. STEEL AUTHORITY OF INDIA LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. STEEL AUTHORITY OF INDIA LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Steel Authority of India Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Steel Authority of India Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Steel Authority of India Ltd. Major Shareholders
Steel Authority of India Ltd. History
Steel Authority of India Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Steel Authority of India Ltd. Offices and Representations
Steel Authority of India Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Steel Authority of India Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Steel Authority of India Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Steel Authority of India Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Metals & Mining Industry Statistics
Steel Authority of India Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Steel Authority of India Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Steel Authority of India Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Steel Authority of India Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Steel Authority of India Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Steel Authority of India Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Steel Authority of India Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Steel Authority of India Ltd. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?