- The report contains detailed information about SSAB AB that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for SSAB AB. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The SSAB AB financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes SSAB AB competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of SSAB AB business.
About SSAB AB
SSAB AB engages in the manufacture and sale of steel products worldwide.
The company's divisions include SSAB Strip Products; SSAB Plate; SSAB North America; Tibnor; and Other.
SSAB Strip Products
The Strip Products Division manufactures strip products in the Nordic region. It also offers advanced high-strength steels (AHSS) in Europe. Its production capacity amounts to approximately 3 million tonnes per year. Advanced high-strength steels can be used in various applications to reduce weight and extend product life. Hot-rolled advanced high-strength steel is used in the automotive industry, primarily for trucks, and in areas, such as cranes and containers. Cold-rolled advanced high-strength steel is used primarily for safety components in the automotive industry. Galvanized extra and ultra high-strength steels are used in applications that require a level of anti-corrosion protection. Ordinary strip steel is used primarily within the engineering, construction, and automotive industries. Its product range includes strip in thicknesses ranging from 0.1 mm to 16 mm, with a maximum width of 1,600 mm. The products are marketed under the Domex, Docol, Dogal, Dobel, and Prelaq brands.
The SSAB Plate Division manufactures quenched steels, which are used in construction machinery and mining equipment, as well as in the manufacture of cranes, bridges, and offshore equipment. The divisions main products are abrasion-resistant steels and construction steels, sold respectively under the Hardox and Weldox brands, as well as Toolox and Armox.
SSAB North America
The SSAB North America Division supplies plate in North America. The operations include two steel works in which production is based on scrap metal with integrated rolling, one in Montpelier, Iowa and one in Mobile, Alabama. The operations also include three cutting lines in Texas and Minnesota in the United States; and Ontario, Canada. The two steel mills have an annual total capacity of approximately 2.5 million tonnes of crude steel. SSAB North Americas customer base includes steel service centers and OEMs (original equipment manufacturers). Within the energy sector, its customers are windpower plants.
The Tibnor Division engages in steel distribution in the Swedish market. Tibnors traditional core business lies within the areas of steel and stainless steel in which industry is supplied with a range of commercial steels, strip products, plate, specialty steels, pipes, and stainless steel. In addition, the business operations include the sale of non-ferrous metals and building-related steel products. Tibnors foreign subsidiaries supply the customers in their respective countries with a selection of steel and non-ferrous metal products. Tibnor offers resources for pretreatment of materials, such as splitting and cutting to size of strip steel at its own facility in Gothenburg. Tibnor supplies reinforcement products to construction companies.
The Other Division includes Plannja, Lulekraft, Oxelosunds Hamn, and SSAB Finance Belgium.
Plannja: Plannja is wholly owned by the company and produces building sheet, with a geographic focus on the Nordic and Baltic regions, as well as central and eastern Europe. The product range consists of a range of flat and profiled building sheet, sheet roofing tiles, rainwater run-off goods, and sandwich-type wall panels. Plannjas products are based overwhelmingly on metal-coated strip steel.
Lulekraft: Lulekraft operates a combined heat and power plant in Lulea and is owned by the company (50%) and the municipality of Lulea (50%).
Oxelosunds Hamn: Oxelosunds Hamn conducts port operations in Sweden. Oxelosunds Hamn is owned by the company (50%) and the municipality of Oxelosund (50%).
SSAB Finance Belgium: The wholly-owned subsidiary, SSAB Finance Belgium, is in development stage that would engage in currency trading, liquidity management, and other financial operations.
The company's export sales from Sweden are focused primarily on Europe. It also has operations in North America, Asia, and rest of the world.
In 2008, the company acquired Plannja SRL, the Romanian distribution company.
In 2008, the companys subsidiary, SSAB North America, sold its tubular business. The sale covered 13tubular mills, the steel mills in Regina and Koppel, which supply the tubular business, as well as related scrap metal plants.
The company's main competitors within advanced high-strength steel are ThyssenKrupp and ArcelorMittal. Its main competitors within the quenched steels sector are ThyssenKrupp and Dillingen in Europe, as well as ArcelorMittal and Algoma in North America. SSAB North Americas competitors include Nucor Steel, Inc., ArcelorMittal, Essar Steel Algoma Inc., and the Evraz group. Tibnor competes with BE-Group and Ruukki.
SSAB AB was founded in 1978.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SSAB AB COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SSAB AB BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SSAB AB SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SSAB AB FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SSAB AB COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. SSAB AB Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of SSAB AB and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of SSAB AB and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. SSAB AB Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Metals & Mining Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. SSAB AB Industry Position Analysis
6. SSAB AB NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SSAB AB EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SSAB AB ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. SWEDEN PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SSAB AB IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SSAB AB PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SSAB AB VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
SSAB AB Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
SSAB AB Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
SSAB AB Major Shareholders
SSAB AB History
SSAB AB Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
SSAB AB Offices and Representations
SSAB AB SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
SSAB AB Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
SSAB AB Capital Market Snapshot
SSAB AB Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Metals & Mining Industry Statistics
SSAB AB Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
SSAB AB Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
SSAB AB Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
SSAB AB 1-year Stock Charts
SSAB AB 5-year Stock Charts
SSAB AB vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
SSAB AB vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
SSAB AB Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?