- The report contains detailed information about Solitario Exploration & Royalty Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Solitario Exploration & Royalty Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Solitario Exploration & Royalty Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Solitario Exploration & Royalty Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Solitario Exploration & Royalty Corp. business.
About Solitario Exploration & Royalty Corp.
Solitario Exploration & Royalty Corp., an exploration stage company, focuses on the acquisition of precious and base metal properties. As of December 31, 2009, the company had interests in 15 exploration properties in Mexico, Brazil, Bolivia, and Peru. It also had interest in its Yanacocha and La Tola royalty properties in Peru.
Joint Ventures, Royalty and the Strategic Alliance Properties
Bongara Zinc Project (Peru)
The Bongara project consists of 16 concessions comprising 12,600 hectares of mineral rights granted to or under option to Minera Bongara S.A. The property is located in the Department of Amazonas, northern Peru. Solitario owns 100% of the shares in Minera Bongara S.A.
Pedra Branca Platinum Group Metals Project (Brazil)
The company is exploring the Pedra Branca property for platinum and palladium mineralization (platinum group metals, or PGM). As of December 31, 2009, the Pedra Branca project consisted of 57 exploration concessions totaling approximately 70,000 hectares in Ceara State, Brazil. Pedra Branca do Mineracao S.A. (PBM), a 70% owned subsidiary of the companys incorporated in Brazil, holds a 100%-interest in all concessions. Anglo Platinum Ltd. (Anglo) owns a 30% interest in PBM as of December 31, 2009.
Yanacocha Royalty Property (Peru)
The Yanacocha royalty property consists of 69 concessions totaling approximately 61,000 hectares in northern Peru 25 kilometers north of the city of Cajamarca.
Chambara Zinc Property (Peru)
The company owns 3,700 hectares of 100%-owned mineral rights through concessions for its Chambara property in northern Peru. The land holdings consisted of 13 concessions totaling 9600 hectares.
Newmont Alliance (Peru)
The company has a Strategic Alliance Agreement (the Alliance Agreement) with Newmont Overseas Exploration Limited (Newmont), to explore for gold in South America (the Strategic Alliance).
La Promesa: The La Promesa property consists of 3 concessions totaling 2,600 hectares.
Cajatambo: The Cajatambo property consists of 11 concessions totaling 10,500 hectares
Cerro Azul: The Cerro Azul property consists of 1 concession totaling 1,000 hectares.
Excelsior: The Excelsior property consists of 2 concessions totaling 2,000 hectares.
Paria Cruz: The Paria Cruz property consists of 3 concessions totaling 3,000 hectares
Wholly-owned Exploration Properties
Pachuca Real Silver-Gold Property (Mexico)
The Pachuca-Real property consists of approximately 31,000 hectares of mineral rights encompassing approximately 10% of the Pachuca-Real del Monte silver-gold mining district of central Mexico. Solitario owns 100% of the property.
La Noria Copper Property (Mexico)
The La Noria Copper property is located in the state of Sonora in northern Mexico approximately 140 kilo meters south of the state capital of Hermosillo. It consists of 1 exploration concession totaling approximately 10,000 hectares.
Mercurio Gold Property (Brazil)
The Mercurio Gold Property is located in Para State in Northern Brazil approximately 250 kilo metes south of the town of Itaituba. It consists of 3 exploration concessions totaling 8,476 hectares.
Palmira Massive Sulfide (Copper) Property (Mexico)
The Palmira property is 2,600 hectares in size and situated 20 kilometers south of the state capital city of Zacatecas.
Santiago Gold Property (Peru)
The Santiago prospect consists of 1 mining concession totaling 1,000 hectares.
La Tola Royalty Property (Peru)
The project is located in southern Peru. The company owns 1 claim covering 1,000 hectares.
Triunfo Gold-Silver-Lead-Zinc Property (Bolivia)
The company has an Option to Purchase a 100% interest in the mineral rights on the 256-hectare gold, silver, lead and zinc Triunfo property in Bolivia. The project is located approximately 50 kilometers east of the Bolivian capital of La Paz at an elevation of approximately 4,500 meters.
The company optioned the Espanola gold-copper property in western Bolivia in 2008.
On April 28, 2010, Solitario Exploration & Royalty Corp. announced that it has signed a definitive venture agreement with Compania de Minas Buenaventura SA on Solitario's Pachuca Real silver-gold project in central Mexico. Solitario's 100%-owned Pachuca Real project encompasses approximately 31,300 hectares of mineral rights in and around the famed Pachuca silver-gold mining district.
On September 17, 2010, Solitario Exploration & Royalty Corp. announced that its joint venture partner on its Bongara zinc project, Votorantim Metais, has received environmental permits to proceed with the expanded 2010 exploration and development activities. The property is located in northern Peru.
In December 2010, Solitario Exploration & Royalty Corp. and Ely Gold & Minerals Inc. signed the limited liability company operating agreement of Mt. Hamilton LLC for Mt. Hamilton LLC, a limited liability company which held the Mt. Hamilton project assets. Per the terms of the Agreement, DHI Minerals (U.S.) Ltd., Ely's wholly owned US subsidiary, has contributed its interests in the Mt. Hamilton project to the company for a 90% initial interest in it and Solitario has a 10% initial interest in it.
Solitario Exploration & Royalty Corp. was founded in 1984.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SOLITARIO EXPLORATION & ROYALTY CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SOLITARIO EXPLORATION & ROYALTY CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SOLITARIO EXPLORATION & ROYALTY CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SOLITARIO EXPLORATION & ROYALTY CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SOLITARIO EXPLORATION & ROYALTY CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Solitario Exploration & Royalty Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Solitario Exploration & Royalty Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Solitario Exploration & Royalty Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Solitario Exploration & Royalty Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Metals & Mining Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Solitario Exploration & Royalty Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. SOLITARIO EXPLORATION & ROYALTY CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SOLITARIO EXPLORATION & ROYALTY CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SOLITARIO EXPLORATION & ROYALTY CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SOLITARIO EXPLORATION & ROYALTY CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SOLITARIO EXPLORATION & ROYALTY CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SOLITARIO EXPLORATION & ROYALTY CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Solitario Exploration & Royalty Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Solitario Exploration & Royalty Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Solitario Exploration & Royalty Corp. Major Shareholders
Solitario Exploration & Royalty Corp. History
Solitario Exploration & Royalty Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Solitario Exploration & Royalty Corp. Offices and Representations
Solitario Exploration & Royalty Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Solitario Exploration & Royalty Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Solitario Exploration & Royalty Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Solitario Exploration & Royalty Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Metals & Mining Industry Statistics
Solitario Exploration & Royalty Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Solitario Exploration & Royalty Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Solitario Exploration & Royalty Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Solitario Exploration & Royalty Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Solitario Exploration & Royalty Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Solitario Exploration & Royalty Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Solitario Exploration & Royalty Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Solitario Exploration & Royalty Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?