- The report contains detailed information about Sims Metal Management Limited that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Sims Metal Management Limited. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Sims Metal Management Limited financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Sims Metal Management Limited competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Sims Metal Management Limited business.
About Sims Metal Management Limited
Sims Metal Management Limited operates in the metal recycling business worldwide.
The company operates in four segments, such as Ferrous Secondary Recycling Segment; Non-Ferrous Secondary Recycling Segment; Secondary Processing Segment; and Recycling Solutions Segment.
Ferrous Secondary Recycling Segment: This segment engages in the collection, processing, and trading of iron and steel secondary raw material.
Non-Ferrous Secondary Recycling Segment: This segment engages in the collection, processing, and trading of other metal alloys and residues, principally aluminum, lead, copper, zinc, and nickel bearing materials.
Secondary Processing Segment: This segment consists of value added process involving the melting, refining, and ingoting of certain non-ferrous metals and the reclamation and reprocessing of plastics.
Recycling Solutions Segment: This segment provides environmentally responsible solutions for the disposal of post consumer products, including IT assets recycled for commercial customers. It offers fee for service business opportunities in the environmentally responsible recycling of negative value materials, including refrigerators, electrical, and electronic equipment.
Metal Recycling Operations
The companys metals recycling operations encompass buying, processing, and selling of ferrous and non-ferrous recycled metals. The Metal Recycling business has operations in six countries, including the U.S., Australia and the U.K.
The company buys ferrous metal from metal dealers, peddlers (individuals that constitute Sims retail trade), auto wreckers, demolition firms, and others who generate obsolete metal and from manufacturers who generate industrial metal. It processes ferrous metal for resale using various methods, including sorting, shredding, cutting, torching, baling or breaking. It sources non-ferrous metals from manufacturers, known as production offcuts, and from generators of electricity, telecommunication service providers and others who generate obsolete metal.
North America: The companys North American metals recycling business, including its 50% interest in SA Recycling, consisting of 108 physical operations located in 21 U.S. states and British Columbia, Canada.
Australasia: The company operates as a metal recycler in the southern hemisphere.
Europe: The company recovers and processes recycled ferrous metal through 45 physical operations located to serve domestic customers and export markets. Its non-ferrous operations are integrated with the ferrous metal sites throughout the U.K., offering service to suppliers.
Sims Recycling Solutions
Sims Recycling Solutions (SRS), is the companys recycling solutions business, which includes electronic product de-manufacturing and processing operations, and is commonly referred to as e-recycling. SRS has established operations in the U.K., Continental Europe and North America and a developing presence in the Asia-Pacific region.
SRS offers a recycling service for end of life and redundant electrical and electronic equipment and materials, ranging from product assessment to recycling. The company provides services for original equipment manufacturers (OEMS), contract equipment manufacturers (CEMS), suppliers, importers, lease, and finance companies, sector organizations and end users.
Additionally, SRS offers business-to-business IT and electronic equipment asset management and recovery service that operates across a global network. Its services include the management and control of the entire asset management process, including transport, coordination, product identification, asset registration and reporting. The company offers its clients the option of redeployment, reclamation of parts and/or resale and recycling, delivering legal compliance, as well as a potential financial return from the resale of refurbished equipment.
The company operates various small manufacturing businesses in Australia, including secondary aluminum and plastics operations, which produce for resale specification aluminum alloy products and pellets, respectively. It also operates a plastics and aluminum trading business and has a 50% interest in Australian Refined Alloys.
The company has a 50% interest in LMS Generation Pty Limited, a specialist landfill gas and renewable energy company, which researches, installs and develops landfill gas extraction systems, renewable energy and power generation technologies.
The companys geographical areas of operation include North America, including the United States of America and Canada; Australasia, including Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, India, Singapore, Hong Kong and South Africa; and Europe, including the United Kingdom, Germany, Sweden, Belgium, and the Netherlands.
The company has a 50% interest in Sims Pacific Metals Joint Venture, which engages in metal recycling.
In August 2010, the company acquired the e-recycling assets of Wincanton PLC in the U.K.
In January 2010, the company divested its aluminum salt slag business.
The company was incorporated in 2005. It was formerly known as Sims Group Limited and changed its name to Sims Metal Management Limited in 2008.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SIMS METAL MANAGEMENT LIMITED COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SIMS METAL MANAGEMENT LIMITED BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SIMS METAL MANAGEMENT LIMITED SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SIMS METAL MANAGEMENT LIMITED FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SIMS METAL MANAGEMENT LIMITED COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Sims Metal Management Limited Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Sims Metal Management Limited and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Sims Metal Management Limited and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Sims Metal Management Limited Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Metals & Mining Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Sims Metal Management Limited Industry Position Analysis
6. SIMS METAL MANAGEMENT LIMITED NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SIMS METAL MANAGEMENT LIMITED EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SIMS METAL MANAGEMENT LIMITED ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SIMS METAL MANAGEMENT LIMITED IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SIMS METAL MANAGEMENT LIMITED PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SIMS METAL MANAGEMENT LIMITED VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Sims Metal Management Limited Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Sims Metal Management Limited Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Sims Metal Management Limited Major Shareholders
Sims Metal Management Limited History
Sims Metal Management Limited Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Sims Metal Management Limited Offices and Representations
Sims Metal Management Limited SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Sims Metal Management Limited Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Sims Metal Management Limited Capital Market Snapshot
Sims Metal Management Limited Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Metals & Mining Industry Statistics
Sims Metal Management Limited Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Sims Metal Management Limited Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Sims Metal Management Limited Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Sims Metal Management Limited 1-year Stock Charts
Sims Metal Management Limited 5-year Stock Charts
Sims Metal Management Limited vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Sims Metal Management Limited vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Sims Metal Management Limited Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?