- The report contains detailed information about Silver Standard Resources Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Silver Standard Resources Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Silver Standard Resources Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Silver Standard Resources Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Silver Standard Resources Inc. business.
About Silver Standard Resources Inc.
Silver Standard Resources Inc, a silver resource company, engages in the acquisition and exploration of silver properties in Argentina, Australia, Canada, Chile, Mexico, Peru, and the United States.
The company has five principal mineral property projects: A 55 percent interest in the San Luis Project in the Ancash Department, Peru; the Pitarrilla Project in Durango State, Mexico; the Diablillos Project in Salta Province, Argentina; the Snowfield Project in British Columbia, Canada; and the Brucejack Project located in British Columbia, Canada. The company has nine secondary mineral property projects: the Berenguela Project in Peru, the San Agustin Project in Durango State, Mexico, the Challacollo Project in Chile, the Candelaria Mine Project in west central Nevada, U.S.A., a 55 percent interest in the Maverick Springs Project in northern Nevada, U.S.A., the Bowdens Project in Australia, the Sunrise Lake Deposit in the Northwest Territories, Canada and the Veta Colorada Project in Chihuahua State, Mexico. Included in its secondary mineral property projects is the San Marcial Project in Mexico, which is optioned to an arms length third party. In addition, the company has various other property holdings in Argentina, Australia, Canada, Chile, Mexico, and the United States.
Pirquitas Mine: The Pirquitas Mine is located in the Province of Jujuy, Argentina. The company owns 100 percent interest in the Pirquitas Mine.
San Luis Project: The San Luis Project in Peru is a gold-silver project located in the Ancash Department of central Peru, approximately 25 kilometers northwest of Barrick Gold Corporations Pierina gold mine. The company holds a 55 percent interest in the San Luis Joint Venture. The San Luis Project is comprised of 40 mineral concessions covering an area of approximately 33,438 hectares.
Pitarrilla Project: The companys wholly-owned Pitarrilla Project is located in the northern part of the State of Durango, Mexico. The company owns 100 percent interest in the Pitarrilla Project. The Pitarrilla Project is comprised of 12 mineral claims covering an area of approximately 136,192 hectares.
Diablillos Project: The companys wholly-owned Diablillos Project covers an area of 4,500 hectares and is located 160 kilometers southwest of the city of Salta, along the border between the Provinces of Salta and Catamarca, on the altiplano of northern Argentina. The company owns 100 percent interest in the Diablillos Project. The project consists of 8 mining leases covering an area of approximately 4,500 hectares, and 2 cateos of approximately 5,567 hectares.
Snowfield Project (Newhawk Arrangement): The Snowfield Project is located in northwest British Columbia, Canada. The company owns 100 percent interest in the Snowfield Project. As of December 31, 2009, the company completed 23,778 meters of drilling in 42 holes.
Brucejack Project (Newhawk Arrangement): The company owns 100 percent interest in the Brucejack Project. As of December 31, 2009, the company completed 17,846 meters of drilling in 37 holes.
Berenguela Project: The Berenguela Project is located 5 kilometers northeast of Santa Lucia, in the Province of Lampa on the Altiplano of southern Peru and comprises 13 mining concessions covering an area of approximately 6,218 hectares. The company has a 100 percent interest in the Berenguela Project.
San Agustin Project: The San Agustin Project is comprised of 2 mineral claims covering an area of approximately 575 hectares and is located approximately 4 kilometers north of the village of San Agustin de Ocampo and approximately 100 kilometers north of the city of Durango in the State of Durango, Mexico. The company owns a 100 percent interest in the San Agustin Project.
Challacollo Project: The companys wholly-owned Challacollo Project is located 130 kilometers southeast of the port of Iquique and 15 kilometers east of the Pan American Highway, Chile covers an area of approximately 14.5 square miles (37.5 square kilometers). The company owns the shares of Candelaria Mining Company, which owns a 100 percent interest in the Candelaria mine.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SILVER STANDARD RESOURCES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SILVER STANDARD RESOURCES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SILVER STANDARD RESOURCES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SILVER STANDARD RESOURCES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SILVER STANDARD RESOURCES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Silver Standard Resources Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Silver Standard Resources Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Silver Standard Resources Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Silver Standard Resources Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Metals & Mining Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Silver Standard Resources Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SILVER STANDARD RESOURCES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SILVER STANDARD RESOURCES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SILVER STANDARD RESOURCES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SILVER STANDARD RESOURCES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SILVER STANDARD RESOURCES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SILVER STANDARD RESOURCES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Silver Standard Resources Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Silver Standard Resources Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Silver Standard Resources Inc. Major Shareholders
Silver Standard Resources Inc. History
Silver Standard Resources Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Silver Standard Resources Inc. Offices and Representations
Silver Standard Resources Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Silver Standard Resources Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Silver Standard Resources Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Silver Standard Resources Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Metals & Mining Industry Statistics
Silver Standard Resources Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Silver Standard Resources Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Silver Standard Resources Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Silver Standard Resources Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Silver Standard Resources Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Silver Standard Resources Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Silver Standard Resources Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Silver Standard Resources Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?