- The report contains detailed information about Sherritt International Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Sherritt International Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Sherritt International Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Sherritt International Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Sherritt International Corporation business.
About Sherritt International Corporation
Sherritt International Corporation, a diversified resource company, engages in the development of hydrometallurgical and coal technologies, including alternative uses of coal as an energy resource. The company primarily operates in Canada, Cuba, Spain, and Pakistan and a significant mining property under development in Madagascar.
The Metals segment consists of a 50% interest in the Moa Joint Venture (formerly known as the Metals Enterprise), and a 40% interest in the Ambatovy Joint Venture, which is constructing a nickel and cobalt project in Madagascar. The company also owns certain fertilizer, sulphuric acid, utilities, storage and other assets located in Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta.
MOA JOINT VENTURE: The Moa Joint Venture is a vertically-integrated nickel and cobalt mining, processing, refining and marketing joint venture between subsidiaries of Sherritt and General Nickel Company S.A. (GNC), a Cuban company. The operations of the Moa Joint Venture are currently carried on through three companies. Moa Nickel S.A. (Moa Nickel) owns and operates the mining and processing facility located at Moa, Cuba. The Cobalt Refinery Company Inc. (CRC) owns and operates the metals refinery located at Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta. International Cobalt Company Inc. (ICCI) acquires mixed sulphides from Moa Nickel and third parties, contracts with CRC for the refining of such purchased materials and then markets finished nickel and cobalt products. Moa Nickel mines lateritic nickel and cobalt ore by open pit methods and processes it at its facilities at Moa, Cuba into mixed
sulphides containing nickel and cobalt.
AMBATOVY JOINT VENTURE: The Ambatovy Project is a nickel and cobalt project under construction in Madagascar. The company indirectly holds a 40% interest in each of AMSA and DMSA, the two Ambatovy Joint Venture companies. Each of Sumitomo and Kores holds a 27.5% interest and SNC-Lavalin indirectly holds the remaining 5% interest in the Ambatovy Project companies. Sumitomo operates as an integrated trading and investment business enterprises. Kores is a state-owned corporation of the Government of the Republic of Korea that provides financing and technical support for many Korean investments and joint ventures. SNC-Lavalin has been involved in the Ambatovy Project for more than four years.
Sherritt Coal is delineated into three distinct operational groups: Prairie Operations, Mountain Operations and Coal Developments Assets.
PRAIRIE OPERATIONS: Prairie Operations principally consists of ownership of RUIF, which in turn owns 100% of Prairie Mines & Royalty Ltd (Prairie Mines). Prairie Mines coal business consists primarily of the production of thermal-coal from eight mines in Alberta and Saskatchewan, which is sold to major electric utility companies in Western Canada as fuel to generate electricity.
Prairie Mines also produces and sells Char to the barbeque briquette industry and holds a portfolio of mineral rights on which it earns royalties from the mining of coal, potash and other minerals. Prairie Mines is engaged in the construction of an activated carbon plant in Bienfait, Saskatchewan in a joint venture with Norit Canada. As of December 31, 2008, Prairie Mines had 671 million tons of the total reserves at its owned mines and 28 million tons of the total reserves at its contract mines.
MOUNTAIN OPERATIONS: The principal asset of Mountain Operations is its 50% interest in the Coal Valley Partnership (CVP), a 50/50 Ontario general partnership between the Corporation and OTPPB SCP. CVP owns 100% of Coal Valley Resources Inc. (CVRI). CVRI mines and sells thermal-coal and owns the Coal Valley mine, Obed Mountain mine, Gregg River mine and Coleman properties.
COAL DEVELOPMENT ASSETS: The Coal Development Assets include a 50% interest in the Carbon Development Partnership (CDP), a 50/50 Ontario general partnership between Sherritt and OTPPB SCP. CDPs foremost project is the Dodds-Roundhill coal gasification project. CDP is also working to actively protect and commercialize coalbed methane in relation to the coal reserves it holds.
Oil and Gas
The company explores for, develops and produces oil and gas, primarily from fields situated in Cuba. It also has interests in oil fields off the coast of Spain and from a gas field in Pakistan. Within Cuba, the company operates and holds exploration and production rights under production-sharing contracts with Union Cubapetroleo (CUPET). The company indirectly holds 100% working-interests in six production-sharing contracts in Cuba covering approximately 1,040,875 net acres.
The company holds a 14.5% working-interest in the Casablanca oil field, a 15.6% working-interest in the Rodaballo oil field, a 29% working-interest in the Boquer´on oil field, and an 18.4% working-interest in the Barracuda oil field, all located in the Gulf of Valencia, offshore Spain. The company also holds a 15.79% working-interest in a mining lease comprising the Badar gas field, located in the Indus Basin in central Pakistan.
Sherritt International Corporation was founded in 1995.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SHERRITT INTERNATIONAL CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SHERRITT INTERNATIONAL CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SHERRITT INTERNATIONAL CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SHERRITT INTERNATIONAL CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SHERRITT INTERNATIONAL CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Sherritt International Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Sherritt International Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Sherritt International Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Sherritt International Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Metals & Mining Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Sherritt International Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. SHERRITT INTERNATIONAL CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SHERRITT INTERNATIONAL CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SHERRITT INTERNATIONAL CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SHERRITT INTERNATIONAL CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SHERRITT INTERNATIONAL CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SHERRITT INTERNATIONAL CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Sherritt International Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Sherritt International Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Sherritt International Corporation Major Shareholders
Sherritt International Corporation History
Sherritt International Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Sherritt International Corporation Offices and Representations
Sherritt International Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Sherritt International Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Sherritt International Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
Sherritt International Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Metals & Mining Industry Statistics
Sherritt International Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Sherritt International Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Sherritt International Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Sherritt International Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
Sherritt International Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
Sherritt International Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Sherritt International Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Sherritt International Corporation Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?