- The report contains detailed information about Rio Tinto plc that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Rio Tinto plc. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Rio Tinto plc financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Rio Tinto plc competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Rio Tinto plc business.
About Rio Tinto plc
Rio Tinto plc engages in exploring, mining, and processing a range of metals and minerals. The company produces aluminium, copper, diamonds, coal, iron ore, uranium, gold, and industrial minerals (borates, titanium dioxide, salt, talc and zircon).
The companys product groups include Aluminium; Copper; Diamonds & Minerals; Energy; and Iron Ore.
The Aluminum product group produces bauxite, alumina, specialty aluminas, and aluminum. It mines bauxite, refines alumina for both primary aluminium production and specialty alumina markets.
The Copper group produces copper, gold, molybdenum, silver, and nickel. The companys operations include Kennecott Utah Copper in the U.S. and interests in the producing copper mines of Escondida in Chile, Grasberg in Indonesia, Northparkes in Australia and Palabora in South Africa. It also has interests in three undeveloped greenfield copper projects. It also includes major nickel deposits in the U.S. and Indonesia.
Kennecott Utah Copper (100 per cent): Kennecott Utah Copper operates the Bingham Canyon mine, Copperton concentrator and Garfield smelter and refinery complex near Salt Lake City, Utah.
Escondida (30 per cent): The Escondida copper mine located in Chiles Atacama Desert. BHP Billiton owns 57.5 per cent of Escondida and is the operator and product sales agent.
Grasberg (40 per cent of joint venture production): Grasberg is located in the province of Papua in Indonesia. It is owned and operated by Freeport Indonesia (PTFI), which is 91 per cent owned by Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc.
Palabora (57.7 per cent): Palabora Mining Company operates a mine and smelter complex in South Africa.
Northparkes Mines (80 per cent): The Northparkes copper-gold mine in central New South Wales, Australia, operates both underground block cave mines and open-cut mines on its mining leases. Northparkes is a joint venture with the Sumitomo Group (20 per cent).
Resolution Copper (55 per cent): The Resolution copper deposit is located in Arizona, the U.S. and within the most prolific copper producing belt in North America.
La Granja (100 per cent): The La Granja copper project is located in the Cajamarca region of northern Peru.
Kennecott Eagle Minerals (100 per cent): The Eagle deposit located in Michigan, the United States. The project is located in North America near well developed infrastructure.
Sulawesi Nickel (100 per cent): The Sulawesi Nickel project is on the island of Sulawesi in Indonesia.
Oyu Tolgoi (22.4 per cent interest in Ivanhoe Mines Limited): The company has a 22.4 % interest in Ivanhoe Mines Limited to jointly develop the Oyu Tolgoi copper-gold resource in Mongolias South Gobi region.
DIAMONDS & MINERALS
The group comprises Rio Tinto Diamonds (RTD), Rio Tinto Minerals (RTM) and Rio Tinto Iron & Titanium (RTIT). The companys products include diamonds, borates, titanium dioxide feedstocks, talc, iron, metal powders, zircon, and rutile.
Rio Tinto Diamonds (RTD)
Argyle (Rio Tinto: 100 per cent): The Diamonds group owns and operates the Argyle diamond mine in Western Australia. Argyle owns a niche polished pink diamonds business, which sells and markets the loose polished pink diamonds.
Diavik (60 per cent): The Diamonds group operates the Diavik Diamond Mine, located approximately 300 kilometres north east of Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, Canada.
Murowa (77.8 per cent): The Murowa mine is owned by Rio Tinto (77.8 per cent) and Rio Zim Limited (22.2 per cent), a listed entity.
Bunder (100 per cent): The Bunder diamond project in India was transferred from Rio Tinto Exploration to the Diamonds group in 2008.
Rio Tinto Minerals (100 per cent): The business consists of borates and talc mines, refineries, and shipping and packing facilities on five continents that operate under the Rio Tinto Minerals banner. RTIT comprises the wholly owned Rio Tinto Fer et Titane (RTFT) in Quebec, Canada, an 80 per cent share in the QMM ilmenite project in Madagascar and a 37 per cent interest in and management of Richards Bay Minerals (RBM) in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa. Both R
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. RIO TINTO PLC COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. RIO TINTO PLC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. RIO TINTO PLC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. RIO TINTO PLC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. RIO TINTO PLC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Rio Tinto plc Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Rio Tinto plc and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Rio Tinto plc and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Rio Tinto plc Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Metals & Mining Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Rio Tinto plc Industry Position Analysis
6. RIO TINTO PLC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. RIO TINTO PLC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. RIO TINTO PLC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UK PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. RIO TINTO PLC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. RIO TINTO PLC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. RIO TINTO PLC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Rio Tinto plc Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Rio Tinto plc Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Rio Tinto plc Major Shareholders
Rio Tinto plc History
Rio Tinto plc Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Rio Tinto plc Offices and Representations
Rio Tinto plc SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Rio Tinto plc Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Rio Tinto plc Capital Market Snapshot
Rio Tinto plc Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Metals & Mining Industry Statistics
Rio Tinto plc Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Rio Tinto plc Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Rio Tinto plc Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Rio Tinto plc 1-year Stock Charts
Rio Tinto plc 5-year Stock Charts
Rio Tinto plc vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Rio Tinto plc vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Rio Tinto plc Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?