- The report contains detailed information about Randgold Resources Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Randgold Resources Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Randgold Resources Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Randgold Resources Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Randgold Resources Ltd. business.
About Randgold Resources Ltd.
Randgold Resources Limited engages in the exploration and development of gold deposits in West and Central Africa.
The company conducts it mining operations through a 50% joint venture interest in Morila Limited (which in turn owns an 80% interest in the Morila mine); and an 80% interest in Societe des Mines de Loulo S.A. (Somilo).
The company intends to develop a mine at Loulo in western Mali. In 2005, it commenced open pit mining operations at the Gara and Yalea pits. The focus of exploration at Loulo is to explore and discover additional orebodies within the 372 square kilometer permit. Loulo is controlled by a Malian company, Societe des Mines de Loulo SA (Somilo), which is owned 80% by Randgold and 20% by the Malian government.
Gounkoto is located approximately 25 kilometers south of Loulos existing mining operations. The P64 target, which features 250 strike meters of similar alteration and mineralization, is located 300 meters to the northwest of Gounkoto, and the Faraba deposit, with mineralized material of 6.78 million tonnes at an average grade of 2.60g/t for 565,000 ounces, is located 2.5 kilometers to the southeast. It holds 80% interest in the Gounkoto project through its interest in Loulo.
The Tongon project is located within the Nielle exploration permit in the north of Cte dIvoire, 55 kilometers south of the border with Mali. The company commenced construction of the Tongon gold mine in 2008. Tongon is controlled by an Ivorian company, Societe des Mines de Tongon SA, in which Randgold has an 89% interest, the government of Cte dIvoire 10% and 1% is held by a local Ivorian company.
The Massawa target is located in eastern Senegal, approximately 60 kilometers west of the Malian border. The company holds 83.25% interest in the Massawa project. The government of Senegal retains a 10% carried interest in the project, with the balance held by its Senegalese joint venture partner.
The Kibali project is located approximately 560 kilometers northeast of the city of Kisangani and 150 kilometers west of the Ugandan border town of Arua in the northeast of the DRC. The Kibali project is controlled by a 50:50 joint venture, between Randgold and AngloGold Ashanti Limited, which holds a 90% interest in Kibali Goldmines SPRL. The companys interest in the Kibali project was acquired following the acquisition of Moto Goldmines Limited, in conjunction with AngloGold Ashanti, and the acquisition of a 20% interest from Okimo on behalf of the joint venture.
The company has a portfolio of exploration projects in both West and Central Africa. It is exploring in 5 African countries with a portfolio of 250 targets on 13,624 square kilometers of groundholding.
Randgold Resources Limited was founded in 1995.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. RANDGOLD RESOURCES LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. RANDGOLD RESOURCES LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. RANDGOLD RESOURCES LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. RANDGOLD RESOURCES LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. RANDGOLD RESOURCES LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Randgold Resources Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Randgold Resources Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Randgold Resources Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Randgold Resources Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Metals & Mining Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Randgold Resources Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. RANDGOLD RESOURCES LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. RANDGOLD RESOURCES LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. RANDGOLD RESOURCES LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CHANNEL ISLANDS PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. RANDGOLD RESOURCES LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. RANDGOLD RESOURCES LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. RANDGOLD RESOURCES LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Randgold Resources Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Randgold Resources Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Randgold Resources Ltd. Major Shareholders
Randgold Resources Ltd. History
Randgold Resources Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Randgold Resources Ltd. Offices and Representations
Randgold Resources Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Randgold Resources Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Randgold Resources Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Randgold Resources Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Metals & Mining Industry Statistics
Randgold Resources Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Randgold Resources Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Randgold Resources Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Randgold Resources Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Randgold Resources Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Randgold Resources Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Randgold Resources Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Randgold Resources Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?