- The report contains detailed information about Quaterra Resources Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Quaterra Resources Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Quaterra Resources Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Quaterra Resources Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Quaterra Resources Inc. business.
About Quaterra Resources Inc.
Quaterra Resources Inc., an exploration stage company, focuses on exploration and development of mineral properties in North America. The company is exploring for copper, uranium, molybdenum, and precious metals in the United States and Mexico.
Nieves Silver Project, Mexico: The Nieves property is located in Zacatecas State, Mexico, approximately 150 kilometers northwest of the state capital of Zacatecas and 90 kilometers north of the mining community of Fresnillo.
Las Americas Mirasol-Tecolotes, Mexico: The company's Mexican subsidiary, Minera Agua Tierra S.A. de C.V., is the 100% owner of thirteen concessions totaling 82,926 hectares (320.18 square miles). The Mirasol and Americas projects are located in the municipality of Simon Bolivar, Durango, Mexico, about midway between the cities of Durango and Torreon in the central part of the Mexico Silver Belt or Faja de Plata.
Los Crestones, Mexico: The company initially staked 2,100 hectares. It also staked additional 3,547 hectares. The exploration concessions are located on the southwest side of a medium sized granitic pluton on the eastern edge of the Sierra Madre Occidental in northern Durango State of west-central Mexico.
MacArthur, Nevada, the U.S.A: The MacArthur property consists of 409 unpatented lode claims totaling approximately 8,450 acres on lands administered by the US Bureau of Land Management (BLM). The Company has the right to purchase the claims from North Exploration LLC. The MacArthur Copper Property is located near the geographic center of Lyon County, Nevada, the U.S.A along the northeastern flank of the Singatse Range approximately seven miles northwest of the town of Yerington, Nevada.
Yerington Porphyry Copper Mine Nevada, the U.S.A: The company has acquired assets in the Yerington Mining District.
Arizona Uranium Claims, the U.S.A: The company's Arizona Uranium property is located in the northern Arizona Strip uranium district in Coconino and Mohave Counties. In early 2010, Arizona State mineral exploration permits (MEPs) for 5 square miles totaling approximately 3,200 were acquired through an option agreement with Eagle Hill Exploration, Eagle Hill Arizona Uranium LLC, and Snowden Resources Corp. The companys unpatented claims form a total project area of approximately 38 square miles.
Duke Island, Alaska: The company has a total of 129 unpatented federal lode mining claims covering 2,580 acres, and 11 state of Alaska mining claims covering 1,280 acres in the Ketchikan quadrangle in Township 80 South, Range 93 East. The Duke Island Project is located within the Tongass National Forest on multiple-use lands open to mineral development.
The companys other properties, listed by commodity, include copper/gold: Yerington District (Wassuk, Gray Hills, and Copper Canyon), Nevada; SW Tintic, Utah; Peg Leg, Arizona; gold/silver: Herbert Glacier, Alaska; Central Mexico (Inde, Jaboncillo, Santo Domingo, Marijo, Onix, Albino, Azafran, Tian, and Lupita); molybdenum: Cave Peak, Texas, Willow Creek, and Montana; and uranium: Tidwell, Sinbad, and Shootaring, Utah and Basin, Wyoming.
The company has the right to earn a 75% interest in EXMIN Resources Inc.s East Durango property. The East Durango property consists of the 11,181 hectare Tecolote concession which abuts and is directly north of Quaterras Mirasol-Americas projects. The company also has an option with the Willow Creek Discovery Group, LLC to acquire 100% of the Willow Creek porphyry molybdenum prospect in southwestern Montana. Willow Creek is a North American asset in a major mineral belt where the company has the opportunity to earn a 100% interest.
On June 17, 2010, Grande Portage Resources Ltd. announced that it has entered into an agreement with Quaterra Resources Inc. to explore the Herbert Glacier gold property located 20 miles north of Juneau, Alaska. GPG has the right to earn a 51% interest in the Property. The company can earn an additional 14% interest in the Property and the Lease for an aggregate 65% interest in the Property.
The company was incorporated in 1993. It was formerly known as Aquaterre Mineral Development Ltd. and changed its name to Quaterra Resources Inc. in 1997.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. QUATERRA RESOURCES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. QUATERRA RESOURCES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. QUATERRA RESOURCES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. QUATERRA RESOURCES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. QUATERRA RESOURCES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Quaterra Resources Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Quaterra Resources Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Quaterra Resources Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Quaterra Resources Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Metals & Mining Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Quaterra Resources Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. QUATERRA RESOURCES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. QUATERRA RESOURCES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. QUATERRA RESOURCES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. QUATERRA RESOURCES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. QUATERRA RESOURCES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. QUATERRA RESOURCES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Quaterra Resources Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Quaterra Resources Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Quaterra Resources Inc. Major Shareholders
Quaterra Resources Inc. History
Quaterra Resources Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Quaterra Resources Inc. Offices and Representations
Quaterra Resources Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Quaterra Resources Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Quaterra Resources Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Quaterra Resources Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Metals & Mining Industry Statistics
Quaterra Resources Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Quaterra Resources Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Quaterra Resources Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Quaterra Resources Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Quaterra Resources Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Quaterra Resources Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Quaterra Resources Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Quaterra Resources Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?