- The report contains detailed information about Petropavlovsk PLC that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Petropavlovsk PLC. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Petropavlovsk PLC financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Petropavlovsk PLC competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Petropavlovsk PLC business.
About Petropavlovsk PLC
Petropavlovsk PLC operates as a mining and exploration company in Russia. The company focuses on the acquisition, exploration, development, and production of mineral deposits with a focus on its precious metal deposits. The companys principal operations are located in the Amur Region. It also has interests in the Yamal, Irkutsk, Chita, Sakha, and Magadan Regions.
The companys exploration company, Regis, performs geological exploration work from initial surveying to detailed delination of ore bodies. It also engages in the calculation of reserves and resources for final feasibility studies. The work of this division is supported by laboratories, comprising one central laboratory in Blagoveschensk, and additional laboratories at its mining and development sites. The companys laboratories carry out a range of analysis of samples taken from its various projects to support its exploration, production, and environmental monitoring needs.
The PHM engineering division serves project design, research, and development requirements of the company. Irgiredmet provides the company with metallurgical test-work, bulk sampling, mine planning, infrastructure design, project evaluation, and feasibility studies. It has facilities for sample preparation and leaching, smelting, flotation, and purification.
The company provides the full cycle of natural resource development, turning greenfield exploration sites into fully-functioning mines. This involves the construction of the plants, roads, accommodation blocks, and other infrastructure. Its specialist construction company, Kapstroi, meets the construction needs.
Exploration and Production
The company is a gold producer in Russia, producing 393,600 oz of gold in 2008 from its two principal mines, Pokrovskiy and Pioneer. Gold is mined at Pokrovskiy and Pioneer via open-pit extraction and processed on-site using heap leach and resin-in-pulp (RIP) technologies. The final products are dore bars which are sent to a refinery in Krasnoyarsk, central Siberia, before they are sold to various Russian and Western banks.
Omchak: The Omchak Joint Venture was formed with Susumanzoloto and Shkolnoye. The joint venture identifies, acquires, and develops gold deposits in various regions of Russia. In 2008, Omchak carried out gold exploration and production in Magadan, Chita, Amur, Irkutsk, and Sakha Regions. Omchak carries out alluvial gold mining and geological exploration in the Zeya district of the Amur Region through Zeyazoloto.
Rudnoye: Rudnoye is a 50/50 joint venture company with OAO Priisk Solovyevskiy to develop hard rock gold assets belonging to OAO Priisk Solovyevskiy. A new licence area, Solovyevskiy, located 170 km north-west of the Pokrovskiy mine, was acquired by the joint venture in 2007.
The company was founded in 1994. It was formerly known as Peter Hambro Mining Plc and changed its name to Petropavlovsk PLC on September 24, 2009.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PETROPAVLOVSK PLC COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PETROPAVLOVSK PLC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PETROPAVLOVSK PLC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PETROPAVLOVSK PLC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PETROPAVLOVSK PLC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Petropavlovsk PLC Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Petropavlovsk PLC and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Petropavlovsk PLC and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Petropavlovsk PLC Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Metals & Mining Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Petropavlovsk PLC Industry Position Analysis
6. PETROPAVLOVSK PLC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PETROPAVLOVSK PLC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PETROPAVLOVSK PLC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UK PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PETROPAVLOVSK PLC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PETROPAVLOVSK PLC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PETROPAVLOVSK PLC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Petropavlovsk PLC Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Petropavlovsk PLC Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Petropavlovsk PLC Major Shareholders
Petropavlovsk PLC History
Petropavlovsk PLC Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Petropavlovsk PLC Offices and Representations
Petropavlovsk PLC SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Petropavlovsk PLC Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Petropavlovsk PLC Capital Market Snapshot
Petropavlovsk PLC Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Metals & Mining Industry Statistics
Petropavlovsk PLC Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Petropavlovsk PLC Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Petropavlovsk PLC Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Petropavlovsk PLC 1-year Stock Charts
Petropavlovsk PLC 5-year Stock Charts
Petropavlovsk PLC vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Petropavlovsk PLC vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Petropavlovsk PLC Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?