- The report contains detailed information about OJSC Novolipetsk Steel that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for OJSC Novolipetsk Steel. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The OJSC Novolipetsk Steel financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes OJSC Novolipetsk Steel competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of OJSC Novolipetsk Steel business.
About OJSC Novolipetsk Steel
OJSC Novolipetsk Steel engages in the production and sale of ferrous metals, primarily consisting of pig iron, steel slabs, long products, hot rolled steel, cold rolled steel, galvanized cold rolled sheet and cold rolled sheet with polymeric coatings and also electro-technical steel. These products are sold both in the Russian Federation and internationally.
The company operates in four segments: Steel, Long Products, Mining, and Coke-Chemical.
Steel Segment consists of production and sales of steel products, primarily pig iron, steel slabs, hot rolled steel, cold rolled steel, galvanized cold rolled sheet and cold rolled sheet with polymeric coatings and also electro-technical steel.
Long Products Segment consists of various steel-production facilities combined in a single production system beginning from iron scrap collection and recycling to steel-making, production of long products, reinforcing rebar, and metalware.
Mining Segment consists of mining, processing and sales of iron ore, fluxing limestone and metallurgical dolomite, which supplies raw materials to the steel segment and third parties.
Coke-Chemical Segment consists of production and sales primary blast furnace coke, cupola coke, nut coke and small-sized coke supplying steel segment and third parties with raw materials.
The companys primary subsidiaries, located in Lipetsk and other regions of the Russian Federation consists of:
Mining companies OJSC Stoilensky GOK, OJSC StAGDoK and OJSC Dolomite: The principal business activity of these companies is mining and processing of iron-ore raw concentrate, fluxing limestone and metallurgical dolomite.
Coke-chemical company OJSC Altai-Koks and its subsidiaries: The principal business activity of these companies is the production of blast furnace coke, cupola coke, nut coke and small-sized coke.
Steel rolling company LLC VIZ-Stahl: The principal business activity of this company is the production of cold rolled grain oriented and non-oriented steel.
OJSC Maxi-Group and its subsidiaries: The principal business activities of these companies are the collection and recycling of iron scrap, steel-making and production of long products.
The companys major subsidiaries and equity investments, located outside the Russian Federation consist of:
Joint Venture with Duferco Group established on the basis of Steel Invest & Finance (Luxembourg) S.A. (SIF S.A.) in which both parties hold a 50% interest. SIF S.A. holds 100% interests or majority votes in 24 companies located in Europe and USA which include one steel making plant and five steel rolling facilities, as well as a network of steel service centers.
Trading companies Novexco (Cyprus) Ltd. and Novex Trading (Swiss) S.A. (acquired in 2008). The principal business activity of these companies is sales of Groups products outside the Russian Federation. American electric arc furnace steel making and hot rolled coils producer Beta Steel Corp. (acquired in 2008). The principal business activity of this company is production of hot rolled steel.
OJSC Novolipetsk Steel was founded in 1934.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. OJSC NOVOLIPETSK STEEL COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. OJSC NOVOLIPETSK STEEL BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. OJSC NOVOLIPETSK STEEL SWOT ANALYSIS
4. OJSC NOVOLIPETSK STEEL FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. OJSC NOVOLIPETSK STEEL COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. OJSC Novolipetsk Steel Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of OJSC Novolipetsk Steel and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of OJSC Novolipetsk Steel and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. OJSC Novolipetsk Steel Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Metals & Mining Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. OJSC Novolipetsk Steel Industry Position Analysis
6. OJSC NOVOLIPETSK STEEL NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. OJSC NOVOLIPETSK STEEL EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. OJSC NOVOLIPETSK STEEL ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. RUSSIA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. OJSC NOVOLIPETSK STEEL IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. OJSC NOVOLIPETSK STEEL PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. OJSC NOVOLIPETSK STEEL VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
OJSC Novolipetsk Steel Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
OJSC Novolipetsk Steel Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
OJSC Novolipetsk Steel Major Shareholders
OJSC Novolipetsk Steel History
OJSC Novolipetsk Steel Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
OJSC Novolipetsk Steel Offices and Representations
OJSC Novolipetsk Steel SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
OJSC Novolipetsk Steel Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
OJSC Novolipetsk Steel Capital Market Snapshot
OJSC Novolipetsk Steel Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Metals & Mining Industry Statistics
OJSC Novolipetsk Steel Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
OJSC Novolipetsk Steel Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
OJSC Novolipetsk Steel Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
OJSC Novolipetsk Steel 1-year Stock Charts
OJSC Novolipetsk Steel 5-year Stock Charts
OJSC Novolipetsk Steel vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
OJSC Novolipetsk Steel vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
OJSC Novolipetsk Steel Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?