- The report contains detailed information about NovaGold Resources Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for NovaGold Resources Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The NovaGold Resources Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes NovaGold Resources Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of NovaGold Resources Inc. business.
About NovaGold Resources Inc.
NovaGold Resources Inc. engages in the exploration and development of mineral properties in Alaska and British Columbia. The company primarily explores for gold, silver, copper, zinc, and lead.
Donlin Creek Project, Alaska
Donlin Creek is an advanced-stage gold project held by the Donlin Creek LLC, a limited liability company that is owned 50% by the companys wholly-owned subsidiary, NovaGold Resources Alaska, Inc. and 50% by Barricks wholly-owned subsidiary, Barrick Gold U.S. Inc. The Donlin Creek property is located in southwestern Alaska. The Donlin Creek exploration and mining lease includes a total of 42 contiguous sections leased, which holds the subsurface (mineral) estate for Native-owned lands in the region. The leased land contains approximately 10,858 hectares (26,830 acres). In addition to the leased land, Donlin Creek LLC holds 239 unpatented State mineral claims comprising 12,659 hectares (31,280 acres) primarily surrounding the leased land in the Kuskokwim and Mt. McKinley recording districts.
Galore Creek Project, British Columbia
The company and Teck Resources Limited (Teck) each have a 50% interest in the Galore Creek project and is managed by the Galore Creek Mining Corporation (GCMC). The Galore Creek property is a copper-gold-silver project located in northwestern British Columbia. The company owns 60% interest in Copper Canyon deposit, which is trust for the Galore Creek Partnership. GCMC holds 118,912 hectares (293,838 acres) of British Columbia provincial mineral claims in 264 tenures. At the adjoining Copper Canyon property the NovaGold/Copper Canyon joint venture holds 12 claims totaling 11,344 hectares (28,032 acres).
Nome Operations Project, Alaska
Nome Operations is held by the companys wholly-owned subsidiary, Alaska Gold Company (AGC) and comprises three projects: Rock Creek, Big Hurrah, and Nome Gold. The Rock Creek project is located on the Seward Peninsula along the west coast of Alaska, north of Norton Sound. The Rock Creek project occurs partly on 5,700 hectares (14,000 acres) of patented mining claims owned 100% by AGC and partly on land controlled by the Bering Straits Native Corporation (BSNC). AGC holds two exploration and mining leases on approximately 20,610 hectares (50,930 acres) of lands owned by BSNC. The Big Hurrah deposit lies approximately 80 kilometers east of Nome. The company has also entered into two agreements with BSNC through its operating subsidiary, Golden Glacier Inc. (GGI) for subsurface mineral rights on approximately 50,930 acres of non-patented land in and around the Rock Creek mine. The Nome Gold property is located 5 kilometers north of Nome, Alaska on lands owned by the company. AGC owns 6,270 hectares (15,491 acres) of patented mining claims in and around the City of Nome with an estimated 4,050 hectares (10,000 acres) within Nome City limits.
Ambler Project, Alaska
In January 2010, the company and AGC purchased a 100% interest in the Ambler property in northern Alaska, which hosts the high-grade copper-zinc-gold-silver Arctic deposit. The Ambler project is located in the southern Brooks Range of northwestern Alaska, approximately 270 kilometers east of Kotzebue, 35 kilometers north of the village of Kobuk and 260 kilometers west of the Dalton Highway. The Ambler property comprises 36,670 hectares (90,614 acres) of federal patented and unpatented mining claims and State of Alaska mining claims, covering a major portion of the precious-metal-rich Ambler volcanogenic massive sulfide (VMS) belt.
In October 2009, the company sold its wholly-owned subsidiary, Murray Brook Resources Inc., to Murray Brook Minerals Inc.
On June 23, 2010, MARIFIL MINES LTD. announced that it has entered into an option agreement with NovaGold Resources Inc. whereby NovaGold can earn approximately a 70% interest in Marifil's San Roque Project in Rio Negro Province, Argentina. The San Roque project comprises 11 claims totaling 70,046 hectares.
The company was founded in 1984. It was formerly known as NovaCan Mining Resources (l985) Limited and changed its name to NovaGold Resources, Inc. in 1987.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. NOVAGOLD RESOURCES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. NOVAGOLD RESOURCES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. NOVAGOLD RESOURCES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. NOVAGOLD RESOURCES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. NOVAGOLD RESOURCES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. NovaGold Resources Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of NovaGold Resources Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of NovaGold Resources Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. NovaGold Resources Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Metals & Mining Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. NovaGold Resources Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. NOVAGOLD RESOURCES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. NOVAGOLD RESOURCES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. NOVAGOLD RESOURCES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. NOVAGOLD RESOURCES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. NOVAGOLD RESOURCES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. NOVAGOLD RESOURCES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
NovaGold Resources Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
NovaGold Resources Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
NovaGold Resources Inc. Major Shareholders
NovaGold Resources Inc. History
NovaGold Resources Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
NovaGold Resources Inc. Offices and Representations
NovaGold Resources Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
NovaGold Resources Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
NovaGold Resources Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
NovaGold Resources Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Metals & Mining Industry Statistics
NovaGold Resources Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
NovaGold Resources Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
NovaGold Resources Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
NovaGold Resources Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
NovaGold Resources Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
NovaGold Resources Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
NovaGold Resources Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
NovaGold Resources Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?