- The report contains detailed information about North American Palladium Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for North American Palladium Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The North American Palladium Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes North American Palladium Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of North American Palladium Ltd. business.
About North American Palladium Ltd.
North American Palladium Ltd. engages in the acquisition, exploration, and development of mineral properties. The company has three wholly-owned subsidiaries: Lac des Iles Mines Ltd. (LDI), Cadiscor Resources Inc. (Cadiscor) and North American Palladium Arctic Services Oy (Arctic Services).
Lac des Iles Property
Lac des Iles mine
The company's Lac des Iles property is located approximately 85 kilometres northwest of the city of Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada. The property consists of the Roby open pit mine, the Roby underground mine, the Offset Zone, a processing plant with a nominal capacity of approximately 15,000 tonnes per day, and the original mill with nominal capacity of approximately 2,400 tonnes per day. The primary deposits on the LDI Property are the Roby Zone and the Offset Zone, both disseminated magmatic nickel-copper-PGM deposits.
Sleeping Giant Mine
Sleeping Giant mine property is composed of four mining leases and 69 mining claims surrounding the mining infrastructures. The mine is situated in the Abitibi region of Quebec, approximately 80 kilometres north of the town of Amos. The mine site also has a mill with a rated capacity of 900 tonnes per day. As of January 1, 2010, commercial production was achieved at the Sleeping Giant mine.
The company's Discovery Project is located approximately 35 kilometres northwest of the town of Lebel-sur-Quévillon, Quebec and approximately 70 kilometres from the Sleeping Giant mine. This gold property is comprised of 124 contiguous mining claims covering 3,351 hectares.
The Flordin Project is approximately 40 km north of the town of Lebel-sur-Quévillon, Quebec. The project is located in the Desjardins Township.
Shebandowan West Project
The company, in 2007, earned a 50% interest in the Shebandowan mine and the surrounding Haines and Conacher properties pursuant to an option and joint venture agreement with Vale Inco. The properties contain a series of nickel copper-PGM mineralized zones and the land package totals approximately 7,974 hectares. These properties are located 90 kilometres west of Thunder Bay, Ontario, and approximately 100 kilometres southwest from the company's Lac des Iles mine. The Shebandowan West Project encompasses three shallow mineralized zones known as the West, Road and D zones, all of which are located at shallow depths immediately to the west of the former Shebandowan mine in an area known as the Shebandowan West district.
North American Palladium Ltd. was founded in 1968. The company was formerly known as Madeleine Mines Ltd. and changed its name to North American Palladium Ltd. in 1993.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. NORTH AMERICAN PALLADIUM LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. NORTH AMERICAN PALLADIUM LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. NORTH AMERICAN PALLADIUM LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. NORTH AMERICAN PALLADIUM LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. NORTH AMERICAN PALLADIUM LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. North American Palladium Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of North American Palladium Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of North American Palladium Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. North American Palladium Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Metals & Mining Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. North American Palladium Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. NORTH AMERICAN PALLADIUM LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. NORTH AMERICAN PALLADIUM LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. NORTH AMERICAN PALLADIUM LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. NORTH AMERICAN PALLADIUM LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. NORTH AMERICAN PALLADIUM LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. NORTH AMERICAN PALLADIUM LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
North American Palladium Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
North American Palladium Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
North American Palladium Ltd. Major Shareholders
North American Palladium Ltd. History
North American Palladium Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
North American Palladium Ltd. Offices and Representations
North American Palladium Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
North American Palladium Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
North American Palladium Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
North American Palladium Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Metals & Mining Industry Statistics
North American Palladium Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
North American Palladium Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
North American Palladium Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
North American Palladium Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
North American Palladium Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
North American Palladium Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
North American Palladium Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
North American Palladium Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?