- The report contains detailed information about Noront Resources Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Noront Resources Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Noront Resources Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Noront Resources Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Noront Resources Ltd. business.
About Noront Resources Ltd.
Noront Resources Ltd., a resource exploration company, engages in the acquisition, exploration, and development of properties prospective in base metals. The company focuses on copper, nickel, platinum group metals, vanadium, and chromite metal properties.
The primary focus of the company is its Double Eagle Project at McFaulds Lake, in the Ring of Fire area (ROF) that is located in the James Bay Lowlands, Ontario. It also has other exploration projects and properties in Ontario, Quebec and New Brunswick within Canada, as well as in Mexico and China.
Double Eagle Project McFaulds Lake, James Bay Lowlands, Ontario
The Double Eagle project consists approximately 386 claims encompassing an area of 93,100 hectares (230,000 acres) in the James Bay Lowlands in Northeastern Ontario. The company, in May 2008, has entered into a joint exploration agreement with Freewest Resources Canada Inc. to explore a key airborne geophysical anomaly, situated in the Eagle One deposit locale in the McFaulds Lake area.
The company, in July 2008, entered into an option agreement with 6897631 Canada Inc. The agreement allows 6897631 Canada Inc. the option to earn a 50% legal and beneficial interest in 10 claims making up approximately 160 units along the Ring of Fire. The company would act as the operator.
The company, in 2008, entered into an option agreement with Condor Diamond Corp. and Greenstone Exploration Company Ltd. (Condor/Greenstone) to acquire two claims consisting of 8 units adjoining the companys Double Eagle project.
El Verde Project, Mexico
The company, in November 2006, has entered into an Option Agreement with a Mexican National for the acquisition of a 100% interest in the El Verde zinc, copper, silver property located approximately 26 km north-northwest of the town of Choix in Sinaloa State, Mexico. The El Verde property consists of 305.28 hectares (696 acres).
Garden Island, Quebec
The company, in July 2007, entered into an agreement with a private Quebec company, TSR Resources Inc. (TSR) to acquire an interest in TSRs Garden Island gold-base metal property. The Garden Island property is located approximately 15 km northeast of Val dOr, Quebec and is comprised of 568 mining claims, most of which are in Pascalis, Manneville, and Senneville Townships, which lie along a northwest-southeast trending Abitibi volcanic greenstone belt. As of April 30, 2009, the company has earned an aggregate 50% interest in this project.
Fishhook Property Ring of Fire, James Bay Lowlands, Northeastern Ontario
The company, in July 2008, entered into an option agreement with East West Resource Corporation and Temex Resources Corp.
In September 2009, Noront Resources Ltd. announced that it has entered into negotiations with Marten Falls First Nation for an exploration agreement. The Exploration Agreement follows up on the Historical Compensation Agreement arrived at with Noront Resources in March of 2009 whereby Marten Falls First Nation was compensated for past work performed by Noront on its claims located on Marten Falls traditional lands, in the Ring of Fire located in the James Bay Lowlands of Northern Ontario.
On October 26, 2009, Freewest Resources Canada Inc. and Noront Resources Ltd. announced the commencement of diamond drilling on the 55.8 hectare property, jointly held by Freewest and Noront, in the McFaulds Lake area of northern Ontario. The JV Property comprises one of three properties in which Freewest is exploring, on its own and in strategic joint-venture agreement arrangements in the 'Ring of Fire' metals district.
White Pine Resources Inc., Noront Resources Ltd. and Golden Valley Mines Ltd. has a joint venture project along the 'Ring of Fire' in the James Bay Lowlands. In 2009, White Pine initiated a drill program to test six regional VTEM anomalies on the joint venture claim group. Four of the six anomalies produced significant to anomalous Zn-Cu intersections and values. The ZTEM survey has identified low resistivity anomalies directly over the zone that suggests that it could also continue potentially to greater depth at the G1 and G3 anomalies.
Noront Resources Ltd. was founded in 1983.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. NORONT RESOURCES LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. NORONT RESOURCES LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. NORONT RESOURCES LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. NORONT RESOURCES LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. NORONT RESOURCES LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Noront Resources Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Noront Resources Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Noront Resources Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Noront Resources Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Metals & Mining Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Noront Resources Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. NORONT RESOURCES LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. NORONT RESOURCES LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. NORONT RESOURCES LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. NORONT RESOURCES LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. NORONT RESOURCES LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. NORONT RESOURCES LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Noront Resources Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Noront Resources Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Noront Resources Ltd. Major Shareholders
Noront Resources Ltd. History
Noront Resources Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Noront Resources Ltd. Offices and Representations
Noront Resources Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Noront Resources Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Noront Resources Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Noront Resources Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Metals & Mining Industry Statistics
Noront Resources Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Noront Resources Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Noront Resources Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Noront Resources Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Noront Resources Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Noront Resources Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Noront Resources Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Noront Resources Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?