- The report contains detailed information about Nippon Steel Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Nippon Steel Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Nippon Steel Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Nippon Steel Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Nippon Steel Corp. business.
About Nippon Steel Corp.
Nippon Steel Corporation engages in the manufacture and sale of steel and related products primarily in Japan.
The company operates in the following segments: Steelmaking and Steel Fabrication; Engineering and Construction; Urban Development; Chemicals; New Materials; and System Solutions.
Steelmaking and Steel Fabrication Segment
This segment offers bars; plates and sheets; pipes and tubes; specialty steels; fabricated and processed steels; pig iron and ingots; slag products; transportation; technical cooperation; titanium products; aluminum products; and electricity supply.
Sheets: The companys steel sheets have found a range of applications that underpin various industries and permeate the life of people everywhere. These applications include automotive bodies, electric and electronic appliances, steel furniture, office equipment, construction materials, steel cans, drums, motors and transformers. The company's main products in this category include hot-rolled sheets, cold-rolled sheets, surface-treated sheets, precoated sheets, tinplate, and electrical sheets.
Plates: The company's main products in this category include heavy plates and medium plates. Primary uses include shipbuilding, civil engineering and construction machines, industrial machines, bridges and iron frames, energy plants (electric generation, tanks and pressure vessels), offshore structures, and pipelines.
Bars and Wire Rods: The company's main products in this category include bars, bars-in-coils, low-carbon wire rods, high-carbon wire rods, foundry pig iron. The bars, wire rods, and foundry pig iron produced by Nippon Steel are used in Automobile sector (shafts, gears, steel code for tires, etc.); construction sector (tensile-strength cables for suspension bridges, concrete reinforcing rebar, wires, and nails).
Construction Materials: The company's main products in this category include H beams, heavy plates for steel frames, rails for railways, steel sheet piles, pipe piles, segments and other fabricated products. These products are used in Building construction (steel columns and beams, etc.); civil engineering (roads, railways, rivers and harbors, building foundations, and bridges).
Pipe and Tubes: The company's main products in this category include UO pipes and spirals, electric resistance- welded, butt-welded, seamless pipes and tubes. Steel pipe and tubes are used in various applications by Energy-related sectors (pipelines, oil wells, etc.); automobile, construction/ industrial machinery sectors (propeller shafts and other products for mechanical structures, etc.); building construction and civil engineering sectors (distribution and general construction pipes for residential/non-residential buildings, and civil engineering)
Titanium: The company's main products in this category include cold-rolled sheets and coils, welded pipe and tubes, hot-rolled sheets and coils, plates, bars and wire rods, foils, and fabricated products. Titanium products are used in chemical and power plants (heat exchangers, pipes, etc.); automotive components (exhaust parts); consumer products (golf clubs, IT appliances); building construction, and civil engineering (roofs, walls)
Stainless Steel: The company's main products in this category include cold-rolled sheets, hot-rolled sheets, plates, bars, and wire rods. The Stainless Steel products are used in Shipbuilding, food-processing and chemical plants, automotive exhaust systems, electric and electronic appliances, home/commercial-use kitchen equipment, and cookware, industrial machinery (environment, energy and other fields).
Engineering and Construction Segment: This segment offers a range of products and services that include:
Steel Plants: The company satisfies customer needs as a supplier of steel plants.
Environmental Solutions: The company tackles environmental issues and contribute to the realization of a resource-recycling society by offering solutions for the treatment and recycling of waste, methods for soil remediation, and underground water purification.
Marine Construction and Energy Facilities (Including Pipelines): The company supports the cr
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. NIPPON STEEL CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. NIPPON STEEL CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. NIPPON STEEL CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. NIPPON STEEL CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. NIPPON STEEL CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Nippon Steel Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Nippon Steel Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Nippon Steel Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Nippon Steel Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Metals & Mining Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Nippon Steel Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. NIPPON STEEL CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. NIPPON STEEL CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. NIPPON STEEL CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. JAPAN PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. NIPPON STEEL CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. NIPPON STEEL CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. NIPPON STEEL CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Nippon Steel Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Nippon Steel Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Nippon Steel Corp. Major Shareholders
Nippon Steel Corp. History
Nippon Steel Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Nippon Steel Corp. Offices and Representations
Nippon Steel Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Nippon Steel Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Nippon Steel Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Nippon Steel Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Metals & Mining Industry Statistics
Nippon Steel Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Nippon Steel Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Nippon Steel Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Nippon Steel Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Nippon Steel Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Nippon Steel Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Nippon Steel Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Nippon Steel Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?