- The report contains detailed information about Mitsubishi Materials Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Mitsubishi Materials Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Mitsubishi Materials Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Mitsubishi Materials Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Mitsubishi Materials Corp. business.
About Mitsubishi Materials Corp.
Mitsubishi Materials Corporation operates as a diversified materials company in Japan.
The companys activities cover a range, from the manufacture of basic materials to fabricated products and new materials with various features, and further to the provision of systems and engineering services. The company comprises 221 subsidiaries and affiliates in 25 countries.
Mitsubishi Materials Cement business is active in the Pacific Rim countries, especially Japan, the United States, China, and Southeast Asia. The joint venture Ube-Mitsubishi Cement Corp., in cooperation with Ube Industries Ltd., sells the companys products in Japan. Its Kyushu Plant ships cement both at home and abroad.
MCC Development Corp., a consolidated subsidiary, acquired an additional 36.7% equity in California based Robertsons Ready Mix, Ltd., a maker and marketer of ready-mix concrete and construction aggregate, for a 70% equity stake, as of March 31, 2008.
The companys Metals business encompasses investments in copper mines, copper smelting, and the production of processed copper products. It has investments in four copper mines overseas.
The companys two domestic copper smelters produce a combined total of 340 thousand metric tons of copper cathode annually. Its Indonesian smelter has a maximum output of 270 thousand metric tons.
The company sells approximately 80% of the copper cathode made in Japan as processed copper to Group electric wire and rolled copper makers, and to other manufacturers in Japan and overseas.
Advanced Materials & Tools segment
This business segment covers cemented carbide products for metal-cutting machine tools, core parts for automobiles and electrical products, high-performance materials that deliver resistance to heat, corrosion and wear for use in various industries, and also diamond tools.
Japan New Metals Co., Ltd., a consolidated subsidiary, is a domestic manufacturer that engages in refining tungsten ore and turns it into tungsten carbide, the material used to make cemented carbide products. The company also collects used cemented carbide products and processes them for reuse as the raw materials for new tools.
Electronic Materials & Components segment
This segment specializes in advanced materials, electronic components and silicon, and mainly serves makers of semiconductor devices and telecommunications equipment. Advanced materials include sputtering targets for recording media, fine materials for semiconductor assembly and chemical products. The electronic components business handles chip thermistors used in the battery packages of such products as cellular telephones. The silicon business produces and sells polycrystalline silicon, mainly for silicon wafer manufacturers.
The Aluminum business centers on subsidiaries Universal Can Co., Ltd., and Mitsubishi Aluminum Co., Ltd., which makes extruded aluminum. Products include proprietary bottle-shaped aluminum cans, and rolled and extruded products for automotive applications.
The Others segment encompasses energy, precious metals, recycling and the environment, and real estate operations.
Mitsubishi Materials Corporation was founded in 1871.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MITSUBISHI MATERIALS CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MITSUBISHI MATERIALS CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MITSUBISHI MATERIALS CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MITSUBISHI MATERIALS CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MITSUBISHI MATERIALS CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Mitsubishi Materials Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Mitsubishi Materials Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Mitsubishi Materials Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Mitsubishi Materials Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Metals & Mining Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Mitsubishi Materials Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. MITSUBISHI MATERIALS CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MITSUBISHI MATERIALS CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MITSUBISHI MATERIALS CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. JAPAN PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MITSUBISHI MATERIALS CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MITSUBISHI MATERIALS CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MITSUBISHI MATERIALS CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Mitsubishi Materials Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Mitsubishi Materials Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Mitsubishi Materials Corp. Major Shareholders
Mitsubishi Materials Corp. History
Mitsubishi Materials Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Mitsubishi Materials Corp. Offices and Representations
Mitsubishi Materials Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Mitsubishi Materials Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Mitsubishi Materials Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Mitsubishi Materials Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Metals & Mining Industry Statistics
Mitsubishi Materials Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Mitsubishi Materials Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Mitsubishi Materials Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Mitsubishi Materials Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Mitsubishi Materials Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Mitsubishi Materials Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Mitsubishi Materials Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Mitsubishi Materials Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?