- The report contains detailed information about Mechel OAO that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Mechel OAO. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Mechel OAO financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Mechel OAO competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Mechel OAO business.
About Mechel OAO
Mechel OAO, an open joint stock company, through its subsidiaries, operates as a mining and steel company.
The company operates in four industrial segments: Mining, Steel, Ferroalloys, and Power.
The Mining segment produces coking and steam coal, as well as iron ore and iron ore concentrate. The segment consists of coal and iron ore mines in Russia and the U.S. The companys subsidiary Southern Kuzbass Coal Company and its subsidiaries operate coal mines located in the Kuznetsky basin, near Mezhdurechensk in southwestern Siberia. These mines include four open pit mines and three underground mines. The companys subsidiary Yakutugol operates coal mines located in the Sakha Republic in eastern Siberia, consisting of two open pit mines and one underground mine. Yakutugol also holds the license to mine the undeveloped Elga coal deposit. The companys Bluestone subsidiaries operate four mining complexes in West Virginia, the United States, consisting of open pit and underground mines.
The company also provides coal washing services, both to its coal-mining subsidiaries and to third parties. Its subsidiary Korshunov Mining Plant operates three open pit iron ore mines: Korshunovsk, Rudnogorsk, and Tatianinsk. These mines are located near Zheleznogorsk-Ilimsky, a town in the Irkutsk region in central Siberia.
As of December 31, 2009, the company had coal reserves (proven and probable) totaling 522.7 million tones; and iron ore reserves (proven and probable) totaling 64.1 million tones.
Coking Coal and Coking Coal Concentrates: Coking coal is washed, low-phosphorous bituminous coal designated for further processing into coke in coking furnaces, which in turn is used in the blast furnace in the production of pig iron, a precursor of steel in integrated steel mills. From its Southern Kuzbass Coal Company and Yakutugol the company offers coking coal of marks OS (meager and caking), KS (coking and caking), KS (blend), KO (coking and meager) and K9 (coking). The company processes coking coal into coking coal concentrate to reduce ash content. It offers coking coal concentrate of marks OS (meager and caking), KO (coking and meager), KS (coking and caking), and K9 (coking). The companys West Virginia-based Bluestone subsidiaries produce low, medium and high volatility hard coking coal.
Steam Coal and Steam Coal Concentrates: Steam coal has properties that make it suitable for use in thermal applications, including electric power generation. From its Southern Kuzbass Coal Company the company offers steam coal and steam coal concentrate of marks T (lean) and A (anthracite) in various grain-size classes, GZhO (gas, fat and meager) and TR (lean and run-of-mine). It also offers steam coal from Yakutugol of marks 3SS (weakly to non-caking), K6 (coking and oxidized), D (long-flame), and B2 (brown category 2). The companys Bluestone subsidiaries produce medium and high volatility bituminous steam coal.
Other Coal Products: From its Southern Kuzbass Coal Company, the company also offers its customers middlings and anthracite concentrates of various grades.
Iron Ore Concentrate: From its Korshunov Mining Plant, the company offers iron ore concentrate.
Customers and Markets
The company's manor customers are EvrazHolding; ArcelorMittal; Suifenhe Herun Economic and Trade Co., LTD; Far Eastern Generating Company OAO; and JFE Steel Corporation. Its exports of coking coal concentrate primarily go to China, Japan, South Korea, and South Africa.
The Steel segment produces and sells semi-finished steel products, carbon and specialty long products, carbon and stainless flat products and value-added downstream metal products, including wire products, stampings, and forgings. It also produces significant amounts of coke, both for internal use and for sales to third parties.
The companys steel and steel-related production facilities in Russia include two integrated steel mills, a coke plant, a wire products plant, a forging and stamping mill and a scrap processing facility in the southern Ural Mountains, a wire products plant in northwestern Russia near the border
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MECHEL OAO COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MECHEL OAO BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MECHEL OAO SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MECHEL OAO FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MECHEL OAO COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Mechel OAO Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Mechel OAO and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Mechel OAO and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Mechel OAO Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Metals & Mining Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Mechel OAO Industry Position Analysis
6. MECHEL OAO NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MECHEL OAO EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MECHEL OAO ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. RUSSIA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MECHEL OAO IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MECHEL OAO PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MECHEL OAO VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Mechel OAO Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Mechel OAO Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Mechel OAO Major Shareholders
Mechel OAO History
Mechel OAO Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Mechel OAO Offices and Representations
Mechel OAO SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Mechel OAO Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Mechel OAO Capital Market Snapshot
Mechel OAO Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Metals & Mining Industry Statistics
Mechel OAO Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Mechel OAO Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Mechel OAO Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Mechel OAO 1-year Stock Charts
Mechel OAO 5-year Stock Charts
Mechel OAO vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Mechel OAO vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Mechel OAO Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?