Kobe Steel Ltd. Fundamental Company Report Including Financial, SWOT, Competitors and Industry Analysis
(Coronavirus Impact Assessment - Special Edition)
CORONAVIRUS IMPACT ASSESSMENT
COVID-19 impact is taken into consideration during the analysisKobe Steel Ltd. Fundamental Company Report provides a complete overview of the company’s affairs. All available data is presented in a comprehensive and easily accessed format. The report includes financial and SWOT information, industry analysis, opinions, estimates, plus annual and quarterly forecasts made by stock market experts. The report also enables direct comparison to be made between Kobe Steel Ltd. and its competitors. This provides our Clients with a clear understanding of Kobe Steel Ltd. position in the Metals and Mining Industry.
- The report contains detailed information about Kobe Steel Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Kobe Steel Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Kobe Steel Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Kobe Steel Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Kobe Steel Ltd. business.
About Kobe Steel Ltd.
Kobe Steel Ltd. operates in the materials and machinery businesses. The company also engages in power supply, real estate, and electronic materials businesses.
The company's business segments include Iron and Steel; Wholesale Power Supply; Aluminum and Copper; Machinery; Construction Machinery; Real Estate; and Electronic Materials and Other Businesses.
Iron and Steel
The Iron and Steel segments products and services include wire rod, steel bar, specialty steel bar, steel plate and sheet (hot-rolled, coldrolled, and surface processed), steel castings and forgings, titanium and titanium alloy, steel powder and other powder products, pig iron, slag products, stainless steel tube, building materials, specialty steel products, steel wire, covered welding electrodes, welding wire for automatic and semi-automatic welding, flux, welding robots, welding power sources, welding robot systems, testing, analysis, inspection, and research.
Wholesale Power Supply
The Wholesale Power Supply segment engages in the wholesale electric power supply business. It has two power plants and combined maximum power generation capacity of 1.4 million kilowatts.
Aluminum and Copper
The Aluminum and Copper segments products and services include aluminum can stock, aluminum for heat exchangers, aluminum for automobiles, aluminum extrusions, disk blanks, aluminum foil, copper sheet and strip for semiconductors, copper sheet and strip for terminals, lead frames, copper tube for air conditioners, aluminum alloys and magnesium alloy castings and forgings, and processed aluminum products.
The Machinery segments products and services include engineering services (ironmaking, nonferrous metal, pelletizing, and petrochemicals), equipment for energy and chemical fields, equipment for nuclear power plants, civil engineering, advanced transit systems, tire and rubber machinery, plastics processing machinery, isostatic pressing systems, metalworking machinery, compressors, refrigeration compressors, heat pumps, environmental solutions, recycling and soil remediation, cooling towers, heavy electrical equipment, and continuous earth-moving systems.
The Construction Machinery segments products and services include hydraulic excavators, mini excavators, wheel loaders, crawler cranes, rough terrain cranes, and work vessels.
The Real Estate segment engages in real estate development, construction, property sales, leasing, remodeling, building and condominium management, and insurance brokering.
Electronic Materials and Other businesses
The Electronic Materials and Other Businesses segment offers special alloys and other new materials (sputtering targets), materials analysis, high-pressured gas container manufacturing, silicon wafer reclaim, superconducting products, IC testing services, private nursing home management, and general trading.
The company offers its products in Japan, Taiwan, Korea, Thailand, Malaysia, North America, and the Middle East.
Kobe Steel Ltd. was founded in 1905.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. KOBE STEEL LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. KOBE STEEL LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. KOBE STEEL LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. KOBE STEEL LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. KOBE STEEL LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Kobe Steel Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Kobe Steel Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Kobe Steel Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Kobe Steel Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Metals and Mining Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Kobe Steel Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. KOBE STEEL LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. KOBE STEEL LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Consensus
7.2. Experts Revisions
8. KOBE STEEL LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. JAPAN PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. KOBE STEEL LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. KOBE STEEL LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. KOBE STEEL LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF FIGURES
Kobe Steel Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Kobe Steel Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Kobe Steel Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Kobe Steel Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Kobe Steel Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Kobe Steel Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Kobe Steel Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Kobe Steel Ltd. Key Executives
Kobe Steel Ltd. Major Shareholders
Kobe Steel Ltd. History
Kobe Steel Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Kobe Steel Ltd. Offices and Representations
Kobe Steel Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Kobe Steel Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Kobe Steel Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Kobe Steel Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Metals and Mining Industry Statistics
Kobe Steel Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Kobe Steel Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?