- The report contains detailed information about Keystone Consolidated Industries Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Keystone Consolidated Industries Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Keystone Consolidated Industries Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Keystone Consolidated Industries Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Keystone Consolidated Industries Inc. business.
About Keystone Consolidated Industries Inc.
Keystone Consolidated Industries, Inc. engages in the manufacture and sale of steel fabricated wire products, industrial wire, and wire rod in the United States. The company also manufactures wire mesh, coiled rebar, steel bar, and other products. Its products are used in the agricultural, industrial, cold drawn, construction, transportation, original equipment manufacturer, and retail consumer markets.
The companys segments are organized by its manufacturing facilities and include three segments: Keystone Steel and Wire (KSW); Engineered Wire Products (EWP); and Keystone-Calumet, Inc (Calumet).
Keystone Steel and Wire (KSW) operates an electric arc furnace mini-mill and manufactures and sells wire rod, coiled rebar, industrial wire, fabricated wire, and other products to agricultural, industrial, construction, commercial, original equipment manufacturers, and retail consumer markets.
Engineered Wire Products (EWP) manufactures and sells wire mesh in both roll and sheet form that is utilized in concrete construction products, including pipe, pre-cast boxes and applications for use in roadways, buildings, and bridges.
Keystone-Calumet, Inc. (Calumet) manufactures and sells merchant and special bar quality products and special sections in carbon and alloy steel grades for use in agricultural, cold drawn, construction, industrial chain, service centers, and transportation applications, as well as in the production of various products by original equipment manufacturers.
Products, Markets, and Distribution
Wire Rod: The company produces primarily low carbon steel wire rod and higher carbon steel wire rod at KSWs rod mill.
Fabricated Wire Products: KSW manufactures agricultural fencing, barbed wire, stockade panels, and various woven wire, fabric, and netting for agricultural and industrial applications. The company sells these products to agricultural, industrial, consumer do-it-yourself and other end-user markets. It serves these markets through distributors, agricultural retailers, building supply centers and consumer do-it-yourself chains, such as Tractor Supply Co. and Lowe's Companies, Inc. KSW also manufactures products for residential and commercial construction, including rebar ty wire and stucco netting. The primary customers for these products are construction contractors and building materials manufacturers and distributors.
Wire mesh: EWP manufactures various wire mesh rolls and sheets used to form wire reinforcement in concrete construction projects, such as pipe, precast boxes, and other applications, including use in roadways, buildings and bridges. The companys wire mesh customers include pipe manufacturers, culvert manufacturers, rebar fabricators, and steel reinforcing distributors.
Industrial Wire: The company produces custom-drawn industrial wire in various gauges, finishes, and packages for further consumption by its fabricated wire products operations or for sale to industrial fabrication and original equipment manufacturer customers, who are generally not its competitors. Its industrial wire is used by customers in the production of a range of finished goods, including nails, coat hangers, barbecue grills, air conditioners, tools, containers, refrigerators, and other appliances.
Bar: Calumet manufactures merchant and special bar quality products and special sections in carbon and alloy steel grades, offering a range of value-added products for use in agricultural, cold drawn, construction, industrial chain, service centers, and transportation applications, as well as in the production of various products by original equipment manufacturers. Calumets product line consists primarily of angles, flats, channels, rounds, squares, and other related products.
Coiled Rebar: The company produces various sizes of coiled rebar at KSWs rod mill. The coils are typically used by fabricators who would process the material as straightened and cut-to-length bars or fabricated shapes for specific reinforcement applications, such as building and road construction.
Wire Rod: The company's principal domestic competitors are Gerdau Ameristeel and Rocky Mountain Steel.
Fabricated Wire Products and Industrial Wire: The companys principal competitors in the fabricated wire products and industrial wire markets are Leggett & Platt, Deacero, Oklahoma Steel, and Wire and Davis Wire.
Wire mesh: The companys principal competitors in its wire mesh markets are Insteel Wire Products and Ivy Steel & Wire.
Bar: The companys principal competitors for its bar business include Gerdau Ameristeel, Nucor, and Alton Steel.
Coiled Rebar: The principal competitors for its assortment of coiled rebar products include Gerdau Ameristeel, Rocky Mountain Steel, and Nucor Connecticut.
Keystone Consolidated Industries, Inc. was founded in 1889.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. KEYSTONE CONSOLIDATED INDUSTRIES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. KEYSTONE CONSOLIDATED INDUSTRIES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. KEYSTONE CONSOLIDATED INDUSTRIES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. KEYSTONE CONSOLIDATED INDUSTRIES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. KEYSTONE CONSOLIDATED INDUSTRIES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Keystone Consolidated Industries Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Keystone Consolidated Industries Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Keystone Consolidated Industries Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Keystone Consolidated Industries Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Metals & Mining Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Keystone Consolidated Industries Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. KEYSTONE CONSOLIDATED INDUSTRIES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. KEYSTONE CONSOLIDATED INDUSTRIES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. KEYSTONE CONSOLIDATED INDUSTRIES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. KEYSTONE CONSOLIDATED INDUSTRIES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. KEYSTONE CONSOLIDATED INDUSTRIES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. KEYSTONE CONSOLIDATED INDUSTRIES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Keystone Consolidated Industries Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Keystone Consolidated Industries Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Keystone Consolidated Industries Inc. Major Shareholders
Keystone Consolidated Industries Inc. History
Keystone Consolidated Industries Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Keystone Consolidated Industries Inc. Offices and Representations
Keystone Consolidated Industries Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Keystone Consolidated Industries Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Keystone Consolidated Industries Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Keystone Consolidated Industries Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Metals & Mining Industry Statistics
Keystone Consolidated Industries Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Keystone Consolidated Industries Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Keystone Consolidated Industries Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Keystone Consolidated Industries Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Keystone Consolidated Industries Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Keystone Consolidated Industries Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Keystone Consolidated Industries Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Keystone Consolidated Industries Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?