- The report contains detailed information about Horsehead Holding Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Horsehead Holding Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Horsehead Holding Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Horsehead Holding Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Horsehead Holding Corp. business.
About Horsehead Holding Corp.
Horsehead Holding Corp., through Horsehead Corporation, produces specialty zinc and zinc-based products. The company is a recycler of electric arc furnace dust (Horsehead).
The company has production and/or recycling operations at seven facilities in five states. It also owns and operates on its premises a 110 megawatt coal-fired power plant that provides the company with a source of electricity and allows the company to sell approximately one-fifth of its capacity.
The companys products are used in a variety of applications, including in the galvanizing of fabricated steel products, as components in rubber tires, alkaline batteries, paint, chemicals and pharmaceuticals and as a remelt alloy in the production of stainless steel. During 2009, the company sold approximately 236.5 million pounds of zinc products.
Products and Services
The company offers a variety of zinc products and services. In 2009, the company sold approximately 118,000 tons of zinc products. The following are its primary zinc products:
Zinc Metal: The companys primary zinc metal product is PW zinc metal, which the company sells to the hot-dip galvanizing and brass industries. The company also produces SSHG zinc metal, which is used as feed for the manufacture of high-purity zinc powder and zinc alloys. SSHG zinc metal is a pure grade of zinc. The company also sells PW zinc metal for use in the production of brass, a zinc/copper alloy. Its zinc metal is sold in various forms, from 55-pound slabs to 2,500-pound ingots.
Zinc Oxide: The company sells approximately 50 different grades of zinc oxide with differing particle sizes, shapes, coatings and purity levels.
EAF Dust Recycling: In 2009, the company recycled 411,000 tons of EAF dust. In June 2009, the company acquired the EAF dust collection business of ESOI.
CZO and Calcine Sales: The sells CZO generated in its Waelz Kilns to other zinc smelters.
Zinc Powder and Copper-Based Powders: The companys zinc powder is sold for use in various chemical, metallurgical and battery applications, as well as for use in corrosion-resistant coating applications. Zinc powder is manufactured by the atomization of molten zinc.
The company manufactures three basic lines of powders at its Palmerton facility:
Special Zinc Powders: These are used in general chemical and metallurgical applications and in friction applications such as brake linings for automobiles.
Battery Grade Zinc Powders: These are used in most types of alkaline batteries as well as mercuric oxide, silver oxide and zinc-air batteries.
Copper-Based Powders: These include brass, bronze and nickel-silver powders. These products are used in various applications including brazing, infiltrating and powdered metallurgical hardware such as lock bodies, valves and gears.
Customers: Most of the zinc metal the company produces is purchased by galvanizers and brass producers. The company is the supplier of zinc metal to the after-fabrication hot-dip segment of the North American galvanizing industry. The company sells zinc metal to a group of approximately 100 hot-dip galvanizers. These customers are also suppliers of secondary materials (including zinc remnants of steel galvanizing processes) to the company.
The company sells zinc oxide to approximately 200 different customers under contract as well as on a spot basis, principally to manufacturers of tire and rubber products, lubricating oils, chemicals, paints, ceramics, plastics and pharmaceuticals.
The companys SSHG zinc metal product is used in the manufacturing of zinc powder for the alkaline battery industry. The company provides its EAF dust recycling services to approximately 45 steel producing facilities.
Competition: The companys primary competitors in the zinc oxide segment include the U.S. Zinc Corporation (US Zinc), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Votorantim Metals, Ltda., and Zochem, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hudson Bay Mining and Smelting Co. Limited, which is an integrated zinc mining company.
Recycling Operations for Nickel-bearing Waste
INMETCO operates a high temperature metals recovery facility, which utilizes a combinatio
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. HORSEHEAD HOLDING CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. HORSEHEAD HOLDING CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. HORSEHEAD HOLDING CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. HORSEHEAD HOLDING CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. HORSEHEAD HOLDING CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Horsehead Holding Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Horsehead Holding Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Horsehead Holding Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Horsehead Holding Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Metals & Mining Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Horsehead Holding Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. HORSEHEAD HOLDING CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. HORSEHEAD HOLDING CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. HORSEHEAD HOLDING CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. HORSEHEAD HOLDING CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. HORSEHEAD HOLDING CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. HORSEHEAD HOLDING CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Horsehead Holding Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Horsehead Holding Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Horsehead Holding Corp. Major Shareholders
Horsehead Holding Corp. History
Horsehead Holding Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Horsehead Holding Corp. Offices and Representations
Horsehead Holding Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Horsehead Holding Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Horsehead Holding Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Horsehead Holding Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Metals & Mining Industry Statistics
Horsehead Holding Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Horsehead Holding Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Horsehead Holding Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Horsehead Holding Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Horsehead Holding Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Horsehead Holding Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Horsehead Holding Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Horsehead Holding Corp. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?