- The report contains detailed information about Great Basin Gold Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Great Basin Gold Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Great Basin Gold Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Great Basin Gold Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Great Basin Gold Ltd. business.
About Great Basin Gold Ltd.
Great Basin Gold Ltd., a pre-production mining company, engages in the acquisition, exploration, and development of precious metal deposits.
The company has two material projects, both of which are at the test-mining stage: the Hollister gold project, which is located on the Carlin Trend goldfield in Nevada, USA (the Hollister Property); and the Burnstone gold project, which is located in the Witwatersrand Basin goldfields in South Africa (the Burnstone Property).
Burnstone Property, South Africa
The Burnstone Property is located approximately 80 km southeast of Johannesburg, near the town of Balfour in the Mpumalanga Province of South Africa. It comprises mineral rights covering approximately 35,000 hectares situated on portions of 32 mineral titles known in RSA as farms. Gold occurs within the Kimberley Reef, a gold-bearing conglomerate unit that is one of the gold-bearing horizons in the Witwatersrand Basin.
Hollister Property, Nevada
The Hollister Property is located in Townships 37 and 38 North, Range 48 East, Ivanhoe Mining District, Elko County, Nevada. The Hollister Property consists of a total of 950 unpatented, federal mining claims, covering approximately 69 square kilometers. It is situated on Nevadas 80 km long Carlin Trend gold belt and is the host of classic Carlin-style low sulphidation epithermal banded veins in Ordovician sediments containing high grade precious metal values.
The Esmeralda Mine and Property consist of patented and unpatented mining claims, fee lands, water rights and a mill. Other features of the Esmeralda Property include crushing facilities, stockpile areas, waste rock facilities and roads. Esmeralda is approximately 220 miles (354 km) from Winnemucca and approximately 290 miles (467 km) from the Hollister property with 80% of that distance over paved roads.
GBG Rusaf Gold Ltd.
The company, during 2009, through its subsidiary, GBG Rusaf Gold Ltd (GBGR), maintained exploration properties in Tanzania and the Kurils Islands in eastern Russia. In Tanzania the exploration program areas comprise two early drill phase to regional exploration programs in the following areas: Lake Victoria (North-West), including several early stage exploration programs and drilling on two targets; and Lupa (South-West), where the Nkuluwisi project was the focus of a surface drilling program.
Imweru (Geita west)
The Imweru gold property is located approximately 80 km east of the city of Mwanza, northern Tanzania, within the western Geita greenstone belt, Lake Victoria Goldfields. The property consists of three concessions (PLs) with a total nominal area of 251 square km.
Lubando (Geita east)
The Lubando gold property is located approximately 100 km southwest of the city of Mwanza, northern Tanzania, within the eastern Geita greenstone belt, Lake Victoria Goldfields. The property consists of three concessions (PLs) with a total nominal area of 74.7 square km.
Lupa / Chunya Goldfield
The company administers 127 mineral properties in the Lupa / Chunya goldfields in southern Tanzania through subsidiaries to GBGR (Shield Resources and Premier Mining). The Lupa Goldfield occupies a triangular area of approximately 2,600 square kilometers, approximately 850 km from Dar es Salaam and 80 km northwest of the commercial centre Mbeya.
Nkuluwisi (Lupa Goldfield)
The Nkuluwisi gold prospect is located approximately 15 km northwest of the village of Saza, within the Lupa Goldfield in southwestern Tanzania.
Great Basin Gold Ltd. was founded in 1986.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. GREAT BASIN GOLD LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. GREAT BASIN GOLD LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. GREAT BASIN GOLD LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. GREAT BASIN GOLD LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. GREAT BASIN GOLD LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Great Basin Gold Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Great Basin Gold Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Great Basin Gold Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Great Basin Gold Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Metals & Mining Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Great Basin Gold Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. GREAT BASIN GOLD LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. GREAT BASIN GOLD LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. GREAT BASIN GOLD LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. SOUTH AFRICA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. GREAT BASIN GOLD LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. GREAT BASIN GOLD LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. GREAT BASIN GOLD LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Great Basin Gold Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Great Basin Gold Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Great Basin Gold Ltd. Major Shareholders
Great Basin Gold Ltd. History
Great Basin Gold Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Great Basin Gold Ltd. Offices and Representations
Great Basin Gold Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Great Basin Gold Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Great Basin Gold Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Great Basin Gold Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Metals & Mining Industry Statistics
Great Basin Gold Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Great Basin Gold Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Great Basin Gold Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Great Basin Gold Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Great Basin Gold Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Great Basin Gold Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Great Basin Gold Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Great Basin Gold Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?