- The report contains detailed information about Goldquest Mining Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Goldquest Mining Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Goldquest Mining Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Goldquest Mining Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Goldquest Mining Corp. business.
About Goldquest Mining Corp.
GoldQuest Mining Corp., through its subsidiaries, engages in the ownership and exploration of mineral properties in the Dominican Republic. Some of GoldQuests mineral properties substantially circumscribe Placer Domes Pueblo Viejo Mine.
The Pueblo Viejo gold mine is located 110 km north of Santo Domingo in hilly, jungle covered terrain at an altitude of around 300 m. The mine produced 5.4 Moz Au and 24.7 Moz Ag from oxide and transition ore between 1975 and 1999.
The Celestina concession is 100% owned by GoldQuest. The property is located in the Santiago province. Celestina targets gold & silver.
The Piedra Imán 1 concession is 100% owned by GoldQuest. The property is located in the Sanchez Ramirez province. GoldQuest identified the property in 2001 during the regional stream sediment programme that returned geochemistry typical of the Pueblo Viejo mine deposit. It targets gold, silver, copper & zinc.
The Longyear 1 concession is held by Casa Real S.A. a 100% owned subsidiary of Energold Mining, Ltd. of Canada. GoldQuest optioned this strategic property from Energold in November 2003. GoldQuest can subsequently earn up to an 80% interest by completing a feasibility study. It covers 1,090 ha and targeted at gold, copper, silver & zinc. The property is located in the Sanchez Ramirez province.
The Loma Resbalosa concession is 100% owned by GoldQuest. The property is located in the Sanchez Ramirez province. It targets gold, silver, copper & zinc.
The Centenario concession is 100% owned by a subsidiary of Energold Mining, Ltd. The property covers 2,325 ha. In January 2004 GoldQuest entered into an agreement with Vancouver based Energold Mining Limited to option the property. The option allows GoldQuest to earn a 60% interest. GoldQuest retains a further option to earn to 80% by taking the project to feasibility study. The property is located in the Monsenor Nouel province. It targets gold and silver.
Bacco y Ofir
The Bacco y Ofir concession is held by Actividades Mineras S.A. a 100% owned subsidiary of Energold Mining, Ltd. of Canada. GoldQuest has a 51% interest of the property in joint venture with Energold. The property is located in the Monte Plata and Hato Major provinces. It targets gold, silver, copper & zinc.
The Josefina concession is held by Actividades Mineras S.A., a 100% owned subsidiary of Energold Mining, Ltd. of Canada. GoldQuest acquired 51% of the property by meeting certain expenditure requirements to form a joint venture with Energold. The property is located in the Sanchez Ramirez province. It targets gold, copper & zinc.
The Tierra Mala concession is 100% owned by GoldQuest consists of 3,750 Ha. The property is located in the Sanchez Ramirez and Monte Plata provinces. It targets gold, silver, copper & zinc.
Loma del Diablo
The Loma del Diablo concession is 100% owned by GoldQuest. The property is located in the Monte Plata province. It covers 2,900 hectares. It targets gold, silver, copper & zinc.
The Cerro Piedra concession is 100% owned by GoldQuest. The property is located in the Monte Plata province. It targets gold, silver, copper & zinc.
The Punta Larga concession is 100% owned by GoldQuest. The property is located in the Sanchez Ramirez province.
The company acquired all of the issued and outstanding shares of Exploration & Discovery Latin America (Panama), Inc.
GoldQuest owns 100% interest in the GF Joint Venture and concessions, subject to Gold Fields back-in right to earn 60% of any target (Earn-in Target), which may be triggered following the completion of 1,500 meters of drilling on the Earn-in Target by GoldQuest. Gold Fields and GoldQuest would form a 60-40 joint venture.
GoldQuest Mining Corp. became a public company through a reverse merger with Wellington Cove Explorations, Ltd. in 2004.
In March 2009, Goldquest Mining Corp. announced that it has acquired all of the outstanding shares of Lundin Mining Exploration S.L. from its parent company Lundin Mining Corporation. Lundin SL holds a 100% interest in the Toral Lead-Zinc-Silver Project located in northwest Spain and a second polymetallic project currently under application.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. GOLDQUEST MINING CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. GOLDQUEST MINING CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. GOLDQUEST MINING CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. GOLDQUEST MINING CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. GOLDQUEST MINING CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Goldquest Mining Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Goldquest Mining Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Goldquest Mining Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Goldquest Mining Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Metals & Mining Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Goldquest Mining Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. GOLDQUEST MINING CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. GOLDQUEST MINING CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. GOLDQUEST MINING CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. GOLDQUEST MINING CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. GOLDQUEST MINING CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. GOLDQUEST MINING CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Goldquest Mining Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Goldquest Mining Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Goldquest Mining Corp. Major Shareholders
Goldquest Mining Corp. History
Goldquest Mining Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Goldquest Mining Corp. Offices and Representations
Goldquest Mining Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Goldquest Mining Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Goldquest Mining Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Goldquest Mining Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Metals & Mining Industry Statistics
Goldquest Mining Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Goldquest Mining Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Goldquest Mining Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Goldquest Mining Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Goldquest Mining Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Goldquest Mining Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Goldquest Mining Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Goldquest Mining Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?